MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
. Kevin took off in his car after hearing the report on the scanner about the boys/bikes, whatever.

- Anyone without an interest in keeping Kevin out of trouble who says this?

- If someone needed to explain how the heck they are at the Tom Thumb, driving both ways up and down 91st Street, up by DR's house, and, most dramatic of all, stopped in a car facing out at the end of DR's driveway, the scanner explanation is obviously one of the very very few possibilities that could explain all this. Insofar as you think the scanner story explains all this, that is.

- If someone needed to explain how the heck they are at the Tom Thumb, driving both ways up and down 91st Street, up by DR's house, and, most dramatic of all, stopped in a car facing out at the end of DR's driveway, the scanner explanation is obviously one of the very very few possibilities that could explain all this. Insofar as you think the scanner story explains all this, that is.

Well, the mom, and other family members would have heard the scanner also, but no, I guess we just have Kevin's word that that is what happened. :) But why would Patty have an interest in protecting Kevin? She has stated publicly that there is no way he's involved.

People that know him are not surprised by his behavior--including that he apparently thinks medical cops exists. Sharpest knife in the drawer, he is not.

People that know him are not surprised by his behavior--including that he apparently thinks medical cops exists. Sharpest knife in the drawer, he is not.

Do you know him or people that know him?

That is if you believe Kevin's story 100%, which I don't.

To answer your last question, I don't see how this is possible. Kevin took off in his car after hearing the report on the scanner about the boys/bikes, whatever. This scanner report would have been when dispatch was answering Merle's 911 call. Which would mean the boys were already home at the Wetterling residence, had told the babysitter what happened, she called her dad, dad called 911. Then Kevin & company heard it on the scanner and took off after seeing cop cars go past the gf's house. So the boys would not have been passed by Kevin and gf on the road, IMO.

All this aside, perhaps you are not aware that the abductor grouped before taking J. This is why I am in need of a motive.

You know, at least Kevin has a story. The GF, who was there for every single moment as well has NEVER spoken in public.

Kevin is suspicious.....but I don't believe DR's story 100% either.

I've heard forum members state that but please post where Patty noted that on record.

Well, the mom, and other family members would have heard the scanner also, but no, I guess we just have Kevin's word that that is what happened. :) But why would Patty have an interest in protecting Kevin? She has stated publicly that there is no way he's involved.

That's not true. Rockville is small. St. Nicholas is small. Luxemburg is small. St Joe is a medium sized town in Stearns County. In fact, it's probably one of the top 5-10 population wise. This wasn't rural MN. This abduction happened less than 1 mile from the largest artery in the state (Hwy 94), and the one of the main arteries that crosses central MN (75). To note this is as rural is factually not correct. Rural is Duelm, St. Wendel and St Anthony.

Really 777. We have the same thing. No one would drive down a driveway day or night unless you have a reason. Like you are supposed to be there.

Maybe rural Texas is more exciting, but in rural MN, things are not that exciting. People today still follow where police or ambulance are going in a small town.

St. Joe is very small. There is no reason not to know LE. You would see them at the grocery store. The hardware store. The coffee shop. Maybe at games or community celebrations or at church.

That's not true. Rockville is small. St. Nicholas is small. Luxemburg is small. St Joe is a medium sized town in Stearns County. In fact, it's probably one of the top 5-10 population wise. This wasn't rural MN. This abduction happened less than 1 mile from the largest artery in the state (Hwy 94), and the one of the main arteries that crosses central MN (75). To note this is as rural is factually not correct. Rural is Duelm, St. Wendel and St Anthony.

I am confused. St. Joe had a population of 6,000 some people in 2010.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Joseph,_Minnesota

And there were how many farms right by the W home? And how many acres is the R farm?

Many towns of St Joseph's size have farms in town or just .5 miles from each town's "downtown". You can run to the Stearns County History Museum and check on the plat that the Rassier's firm if you want a definitive acre size.

I am confused. St. Joe had a population of 6,000 some people in 2010.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Joseph,_Minnesota

And there were how many farms right by the W home? And how many acres is the R farm?

Many towns of St Joseph's size have farms in town or just .5 miles from each town's "downtown". You can run to the Stearns County History Museum and check on the plat that the Rassier's firm if you want a definitive acre size.

I cannot think of many places in MN that aren't a couple of miles from a highway.

Farms make a place rural. Perhaps that seems standard if one lives there. Farms in a town.

Could it be that once Kevin came forward he reported something he witnessed that night (which maybe he didn't know was important) and it helped point LE/FBI/BCA back to Dan Rassier? Just a wild thought, but might help explain why his identity has been somewhat protected.

Could it be that once Kevin came forward he reported something he witnessed that night (which maybe he didn't know was important) and it helped point LE/FBI/BCA back to Dan Rassier? Just a wild thought, but might help explain why his identity has been somewhat protected.

Interesting thought, but DR knows who Kevin is. And Kevin came forward in 2003. DR was named POI in 2010.

BCA agents were taking a fresh look at the case and came up with an idea(s). We have seen this often on WS where cold cases are opened and looked at and fresh eyes see something.

Perhaps Kevin did say something in 2003 that made sense in 2010?

Websleuths requires links.

It has been posted many times . I guess if someone wants to know, it is on here. It has been linked on here many times.

It is hard to read through so many threads. And I am not how one would use the search feature to find it.

It seems then that everything would have to be linked continuously. Every statement would need a link everytime.

Like talking about Kevin, Link Link Link. GF was with. Was she? Where is the link? Brother of GF is firefighter. link? Playing cards that night. Link. And on and on and on.

Maybe St Joseph is a medium size town....but just look at Google Earth and go to the abduction site....it is still very desolate....and very rural. The 1 mile distance from Hwy 94 doesn't lessen the loneliness of the abduction site. There is a distinct difference of environment to this day.

Rural to me means dirt roads. There are PLENTY of dirt roads still here in central MN. 91st Ave was paved when Jacob was abducted. I think a better phrase would be "just outside of town". When someone's in Texas and attempting to get a feel for the case there's a BIG difference in that term. How many roads are paved in "rural" Texas in their definition of the term?

Maybe St Joseph is a medium size town....but just look at Google Earth and go to the abduction site....it is still very desolate....and very rural. The 1 mile distance from Hwy 94 doesn't lessen the loneliness of the abduction site. There is a distinct difference of environment to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho