MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reflecting today, that's it's been a little over 5 years since I started researching this case heavily. There were several points those first few months, where I thought I was done looking over information, only to get drawn to a new idea or piece of information. Ultimately, it was the story of a good personal friend of mine, originally from St. Cloud, who told me about his best childhood buddy, "Johnny", who was assaulted while delivering the Saturday paper to Fr. Raul Gauthier in St. Cloud. I doubted it at first, but lo and behold....the diocese whisked him off to Canada before he could face charges.

This case is about Jacob first and foremost, but its reach is ever so further. It DID happen there, and it was happening everywhere.

So is the abduction of Jacob Wetterling a part of a larger picture and not a singular act?

I was reflecting today, that's it's been a little over 5 years since I started researching this case heavily. There were several points those first few months, where I thought I was done looking over information, only to get drawn to a new idea or piece of information. Ultimately, it was the story of a good personal friend of mine, originally from St. Cloud, who told me about his best childhood buddy, "Johnny", who was assaulted while delivering the Saturday paper to Fr. Raul Gauthier in St. Cloud. I doubted it at first, but lo and behold....the diocese whisked him off to Canada before he could face charges.

This case is about Jacob first and foremost, but its reach is ever so further. It DID happen there, and it was happening everywhere.

I do believe this story, but would such a person leave his secure residence and stage an abduction, using a weapon? The weapon part seems strange for a man of the cloth. Did such individuals have guns? Then, too, maybe the gun the boys saw wasn't real.

So is the abduction of Jacob Wetterling a part of a larger picture and not a singular act?

No, I meant that figuratively, there is no connection between that and Jacobs abduction.

I Listen to the news everyday and believe more and more that DR did not do this but knows who did.

I Listen to the news everyday and believe more and more that DR did not do this but knows who did.

That doesn't jive with LE asking him to confess and telling him he's been changing his stories. It doesnt jive with publicly naming him instead of the suspected person. Why not keep DR anonymous like Kevin? It doesn't jive with Patty writing a letter asking him to confess that yielded no answer. He's not working with these people. Honestly.

Sas He's not hiding given lie detectors, they searched his property five years ago. Nothing new since. Cold case now.

Sas He's not hiding given lie detectors, they searched his property five years ago. Nothing new since. Cold case now.

If you are the Wetterlings and LE can't tell you what the third search was about, and that still today there is items from that search that have not been conclusively tested yet, are you going to call the investigation over?

I do believe this story, but would such a person leave his secure residence and stage an abduction, using a weapon? The weapon part seems strange for a man of the cloth. Did such individuals have guns? Then, too, maybe the gun the boys saw wasn't real.

Abusing a child is ok for a man of the cloth but not a weapon?

I sometimes wonder about some kind of warped 'confirmation bias' effect of locals and victims.

When I started following this board and Joy's blog, a common question was, "how many sexual predators in one area can there really be?".

I feel like all the data and research has found an answer to that question and that answer is, "a lot".

Further, I think it led to another question: "How many times does an offender have to offend before they are finally sent away for a punishable amount of time?"

Again, I feel like all the data and research points the answer, "a lot" (special thanks to Shergal for pointing out this latest example http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/l...-arrested-after-probation-violation/30896615/)

Commenter Ryan Larson rightly points out more facts: Stearns county clears only 12% of part 1 crimes according to the 2013 Uniform Crime Report. Compare that to the national average clearance rate of part 1 crimes being 33.3%.

IMO the problem speaks for itself - people just don't want to believe there are that many predators and some are even IN LE. It is a horrible reality, and one that needs to be faced if it is ever going to change and REAL ANSWERS sought

I sometimes wonder about some kind of warped 'confirmation bias' effect of locals and victims.

When I started following this board and Joy's blog, a common question was, "how many sexual predators in one area can there really be?".

I feel like all the data and research has found an answer to that question and that answer is, "a lot".

Further, I think it led to another question: "How many times does an offender have to offend before they are finally sent away for a punishable amount of time?"

Again, I feel like all the data and research points the answer, "a lot" (special thanks to Shergal for pointing out this latest example http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/l...-arrested-after-probation-violation/30896615/)

Commenter Ryan Larson rightly points out more facts: Stearns county clears only 12% of part 1 crimes according to the 2013 Uniform Crime Report. Compare that to the national average clearance rate of part 1 crimes being 33.3%.

IMO the problem speaks for itself - people just don't want to believe there are that many predators and some are even IN LE. It is a horrible reality, and one that needs to be faced if it is ever going to change and REAL ANSWERS sought

Great post!! You're exactly spot on, many people don't want to contend with the reality that there are horrible people in this world who do unspeakable acts on children. Most people would rather believe a family member is involved because it's an easy solution, one that means no danger to the general public. This is what I noticed when reading archive articles from 1989, and precisely the kind of thing that inspired the title, "It Can't Happen Here."

Since we are talking about men of the cloth, how about Gillespie. He came to the W family with his crocodile tears.

He was great friends with the R family.

I believe he is one of the priests that had an extra special interest in young boys.

This is all that really needs to be said. And the fact that this uneducated county reelected the same person and his staff who haven't solved the 4 missing person cases in this county over the last 30 years is a reflection of that.

This is all that really needs to be said. And the fact that this uneducated county reelected the same person and his staff who haven't solved the 4 missing person cases in this county over the last 30 years is a reflection of that.

Uneducated county. Interesting, considering how many colleges there are in the county.

That county seems to be really into law and order as it is very conservative. Since the current Sheriff was not onboard for Jacob, Bomenshenkel, and the Reker girls, it is kind of strange to be blaming him for it, isn't it?

How do they do with domestic violence kinds of thngs like stalking? Any better?

The sheriff will have had those 3 of the 4 cases for 16 years each by the time he retires or isn't reelected. Guimond's case will have been with Sanner for 14. That's 62 combined years of missing persons under the sheriff's control.

Considering St Cloud State is on the river and many of its students live in Sherburne county that ones really not Stearns County exclusive. CSB and SJU really draw well from outside counties as well. Their high tuition rate ($37,926) averaged against Stearns counties median income ($54,551) backs up that fact.

Uneducated county. Interesting, considering how many colleges there are in the county.

That county seems to be really into law and order as it is very conservative. Since the current Sheriff was not onboard for Jacob, Bomenshenkel, and the Reker girls, it is kind of strange to be blaming him for it, isn't it?

How do they do with domestic violence kinds of thngs like stalking? Any better?

It's not possible to search all 17 threads for Jacob on this forum. If you are going to bring up something as fact it needs to be backed up with links regardless if it's been mentioned on the 3rd thread.

It has been posted on here many times . There is a search feature on here. Not sure what you would look under.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744