MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is another article.

http://www.thelutheran.org/article/article.cfm?article_id=2308&key=5326862

Adding to their vulnerability, juvenile victims of prostitution often come from abusive families and suffered from physical and/or sexual abuse as children.

"A former pimp told me how easy it was to identify kids who'd been abused and get them involved in prostitution," Erickson says. "These kids had no self-esteem and were troubled. They became putty in his hands."

It has never been said that Jacob was abused, had no self-esteem or was troubled.

It has never been said that Jacob was abused, had no self-esteem or was troubled.

I think that is Human's point. The trafficking doesn't fit Jacob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Child trafficking victims, whether for labor, sex or organ trafficking, come from all backgrounds, include both boys and girls.....US born children are also trafficked within the U.S., coming from any racial group, socio-economic background, and come from or trafficked within both city and rural areas." http://arkofhopeforchildren.org/child-trafficking/child-trafficking-statistics

But the majority are runaways or orphans or living in poverty conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Child trafficking victims, whether for labor, sex or organ trafficking, come from all backgrounds, include both boys and girls.....US born children are also trafficked within the U.S., coming from any racial group, socio-economic background, and come from or trafficked within both city and rural areas." http://arkofhopeforchildren.org/child-trafficking/child-trafficking-statistics

From the article
The largest group of at-risk children are runaway, thrown away, or homeless American children who use survival sex to acquire food, shelter, clothing, and other things needed to survive on America's streets. According to the National Runaway Switchboard 1.3 million runaway and homeless youth live on America's streets every day. [5,000 die each year] It would not be surprising to learn that the number of children trafficked in the United States is actually much higher than 300,000.

I'm more focused on the "customers" of the child trafficking rings. The customers are usually serial pedophiles. They can get a lesser charge for sexually abusing a child that is a prostitute, than a child who isn't. This was said to me in a meeting by Representative Theresa Fedor, who works on legislation to pass laws to aid in stopping human trafficking.

Toledo, Ohio was listed as 4th in the country with the human trafficking problem, but statistics aren't completely accurate, as other cities may lack the resources on how to measure the child trafficking problems in their area.

Children who are from abusive families, or one parent families are more vulnerable, but any child can become a victim of child trafficking. If there's a specific child wanted enough, the traffickers, or child sexual predators, will go shopping anywhere...... they do stalk, and they do shop. Jacob could have certainly been stalked for quite some time before he was abducted.

More info from the article

Many youth, especially U.S. citizen children trafficked within the U.S., run away from problems at home and may be exploited as a result of emotional vulnerability, homelessness and the need to survive. Youth who run away from home and engage in "survival sex" often find themselves vulnerable to pimps and traffickers involved in prostitution networks. Approximately 55% of street girls, and a good percentage of boys, engage in formal prostitution and some think it is much higher than that. This means that a child client who has been homeless or living on the street for any amount of time has a great likelihood of having been sexually exploited or trafficked.thumb Street Kid

The sexual exploitation of children is not limited to particular racial, ethnic or socioeconomic groups, although children from poor families appear to be at somewhat higher risk of commercial sexual exploitation. In fact, most of the street children encountered in the study were Caucasian youths who had run away from middle-class families. One clear theme is the is proportionate number of street youth who have histories of recurrent physical or sexual abuse at home and took to the streets in a desperate effort to bring their abuse to an end.

I'm more focused on the "customers" of the child trafficking rings. The customers are usually serial pedophiles. They can get a lesser charge for sexually abusing a child that is a prostitute, than a child who isn't. This was said to me in a meeting by Representative Theresa Fedor, who works on legislation to pass laws to aid in stopping human trafficking.

Toledo, Ohio was listed as 4th in the country with the human trafficking problem, but statistics aren't completely accurate, as other cities may lack the resources on how to measure the child trafficking problems in their area.

Children who are from abusive families, or one parent families are more vulnerable, but any child can become a victim of child trafficking. If there's a specific child wanted enough, the traffickers, or child sexual predators, will go shopping anywhere...... they do stalk, and they do shop. Jacob could have certainly been stalked for quite some time before he was abducted.

What do you know about the family and the activities they did and the trips they took? Was this stalker followig them from state to state as they went on vacations?

What do you know about the family and the activities they did and the trips they took? Was this stalker followig them from state to state as they went on vacations?

They stalk them anywhere.... even in churches. They're stalked at bus stops, restaurants, family trips, school.....anywhere. Serial pedophiles know where to hang out, and so do the traffickers who supply their prey when they're too lazy to stalk and shop.

It's alleged that Jacob's abduction was sexually motivated.

victims of child sex trafficking are about half runaways and half forced into it by kidnapping and kept into it by brainwashing, drugs and threats of violence. we can't completely rule it out.

They stalk them anywhere.... even in churches. They're stalked at bus stops, restaurants, family trips, school.....anywhere. Serial pedophiles know where to hang out, and so do the traffickers who supply their prey when they're too lazy to stalk and shop.

It's alleged that Jacob's abduction was sexually motivated.

Jacob did not go to church so that can be crossed off of the list. No bus stops, so that can be crossed orf of the list. And please explain how a stalker stalks them on a family trip? And most of all, why?

Why choose such a difficult child ; one enveloped in the love of his family.

All we know about the sexual motivation is what Patty said and what the retired LE said.

The retired LE seems to think the neighbor did it.

It appears the car was possibly backed in the driveway, so once Jacob was pulled into the car, the perp could get out of the driveway more quickly.
snipped by me. Wouldn't this negate DR's testimony of a car traversing the driveway entirely....i.e. a dark car with headlights close together....with a passenger cupping his/her hands over their eyes?

Did Tracker say that?

I was alerted to your response and came to take a look.

What I could see from one view is that the tire prints next to Jacobs foot print had a portion that "indirect registered". Meaning that the front tire track and rear tire track were not in exact alignment meaning that the driver corrected. I do not see any "explode off's" meaning the driver did not floor the gas pedal when leaving kicking up any debris and leaving two deep spots in the prints.

Here is a challenge any of you can do. Pick a dusty road where your prints are obvious. Back up the road for a distance close to what you think Jacobs abductor may have backed up the driveway. Get out and look at your tire prints. Could your back up in a strait line without the front tires leaving the tracks made by the back tires and not create one or more "indirect registers"? Could you do it in the dark?

Second task. Have someone else drive down a dusty road when you are not watching. Have them stop and start at least once. Look at the tire prints and see if you can determine which direction the vehicle traveled. If the road has a curve, see if you can detect where the front tires turned and the rear tires did not track in the same tire prints as the front.

What you find from these exercises will serve you in future investigations regarding tire prints. This is the only way to learn this. Hours and hours of having someone do something with a vehicle on a dusty or dirt road and you go figure out what they did. Same with footprints. Same with animal prints.

Hope this helps.

A stalker would not have bothered to ask ages of the boys. If he was after one particular boy, he would have known which one to take.

A stalker would not have bothered to ask ages of the boys. If he was after one particular boy, he would have known which one to take.

True, but it was dark. He may have needed to ask their ages. I wonder what he must have thought when two boys were the same age though. :jawdrop: Why did he choose Jacob?

I wonder why he didn't just take both? I'm glad he didn't, but controlling two young boys with a gun as a scare tactic doesn't seem outside of the realm of possibility.

I wonder why he didn't just take both? I'm glad he didn't, but controlling two young boys with a gun as a scare tactic doesn't seem outside of the realm of possibility.

The perp had to have planned ahead IMO. With two of the boys being nearly identical in size and weight, he must have been stumped, then had to ask their ages. Why did he wear a mask? I have to wonder what was going through his mind when the two boys, nearly the same size, both said 11 years old.

Maybe because they've seen this guy before, or because there were three boys, and between the three, he'd know that the likelihood of being identified would be greater with more that one boy there, hence the mask.

I used to think it was random, and he was whisked out of state, but now I feel Jacob had always been the intended victim, and the perp/perps lived near by.

This will be the 26th year this crime against this child will not be solved, if LE doesn't rethink this, and start looking at all the evidence again, and again.

I caught the episode of The Hunt on Netflix last night. It's so heartbreaking to see new videos and photos of Jacob I'd never seen before. He has been frozen in my mind in the famous missing poster picture. It was nice to see him in another photo but hearing his voice was very emotional for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This will be the 26th year this crime against this child will not be solved, if LE doesn't rethink this, and start looking at all the evidence again, and again.

I agree. The lack of progress by LE is very frustrating. For goodness sakes, turn over a new card and release some new information or SOMETHING. Clearly being silent and doing nothing is not working. The answer is not going to fall from the sky. If they want the public's help, they need to give us something else to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member