MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, someone was talking about stalking after skating. Therefore, using logic but no verification, I am thinking the stalker would be going into the cul de sac and not from it.

I cannot see it going from the cul de sac to stalk from the skating rink. But maybe someone else sees how that would work

Open skate is usually held in the afternoon. A stalker would have had a long wait.

I think Jacob was at an open skate. Not hockey, that day

Correct. From the 10/14/1990 St. Cloud Times, page 12A:

That day, the Vikes didn't need the big running back, though. The defense won it. The Vikings sacked the quarterback eight times. They intercepted him twice. The action was so lopsided, Jerry, Jacob, and Trevor left before it was over for the ice arena. Hockey season was under way and the boys wanted to put in some extra practice time.

From the 10/21/1990 St. Cloud Times, page 1A, a letter from Patty to Jacob:

Remember how frustrated you were last fall because after wearing goalie skates for so long you thought you couldn't skate on regular skates? I found out last winter that those skates hadn't been sharpened right and it wasn't your fault you couldn't skate on them.

Per Joy's blog.
vht946.jpg

Not gud Englush on my part, I meant the stalking.

We know there were cars that passed them on the way.

Where exactly is this party spot?

The party spot looks like it is deep off the road. How do people get there?

Here is a pic i found but I'm not sure when it was taken. It shows the woods are split with a couple possible entrance points.

overhead pic.jpg

I'm not necessarily saying anything about stalking per se. But I think it's interesting Holl is or was a youth goalie coach. People who play hockey go to open skate, especially as you get older and still want to skate. Just trying to keep am open mind about if people had seen the boys before, or would have seen them at Tom thumb and recognized them then went back to wait for them to return down the road. Who knows, maybe a complete stranger no one has ever looked at or knows exists.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

S

Seems like a newer map?

So what is the thought re the party spot and accessibilty to the abduction?

Yes it's a newer map and I'm not sure if there were trails back in 1989 leading back there from the road or not?

These statements were from the CNN transcripts of the Nancy Grace show...link below. I believe the criminal profiler Pat Brown is right on the money.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CASAREZ: So, to Pat Brown, criminal profiler, joining us tonight out of Washington, D.C., originally these tire tracks were believed to be the car of an abductor because an interstate was pretty close by this rural area. But when a man suddenly comes forward and says, no, I made the tire tracks because I had a police scanner and I drove in the area, they realized, wow, maybe it`s somebody much closer to home.

PAT BROWN, CRIMINAL PROFILER: Right, Jean. And that was really brave of that man to even talk to anybody at that point. I mean, he could easily be considered a suspect right away.

But, yes, I believe he was a local. There`s no reason a man would come off the highway searching for children at that time of night. I think he saw the boys go by and he knew they would be coming back his way.

He wore a mask because he didn`t want to be recognized by them. I think he`s very, very local.

CASAREZ: To Pat Brown, where do you think the investigation needs to keep going at this point?

PAT BROWN, CRIMINAL PROFILER: Oh, I think, Jean, that they are going in the right direction. As I said before, I don`t believe this person had a vehicle because if he did, it would be much easier just to drive by and just grab one of them and keep going. He didn't have to go through all that sticking them in a ditch stuff and don`t look back. I think he had his little own special ops thing going and his little fantasy.

He's out there like in Vietnam doing special ops. He saw the boys coming by, said, here`s a good victim, he waited for them to return. He stood there. He got rid of the two of them because he couldn't handle all three, brought one back to wherever, and kept them there for as long as he wanted to continue what he was doing, until perhaps, some other people would be around and would find him there. So, I think they`re looking exactly the right place. We don`t know if that man on the farm is guilty of anything, but it`s the top place to look.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1102/28/ng.01.html

These statements were from the CNN transcripts of the Nancy Grace show...link below. I believe the criminal profiler Pat Brown is right on the money.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CASAREZ: So, to Pat Brown, criminal profiler, joining us tonight out of Washington, D.C., originally these tire tracks were believed to be the car of an abductor because an interstate was pretty close by this rural area. But when a man suddenly comes forward and says, no, I made the tire tracks because I had a police scanner and I drove in the area, they realized, wow, maybe it`s somebody much closer to home.

PAT BROWN, CRIMINAL PROFILER: Right, Jean. And that was really brave of that man to even talk to anybody at that point. I mean, he could easily be considered a suspect right away.

But, yes, I believe he was a local. There`s no reason a man would come off the highway searching for children at that time of night. I think he saw the boys go by and he knew they would be coming back his way.

He wore a mask because he didn`t want to be recognized by them. I think he`s very, very local.

CASAREZ: To Pat Brown, where do you think the investigation needs to keep going at this point?

PAT BROWN, CRIMINAL PROFILER: Oh, I think, Jean, that they are going in the right direction. As I said before, I don`t believe this person had a vehicle because if he did, it would be much easier just to drive by and just grab one of them and keep going. He didn't have to go through all that sticking them in a ditch stuff and don`t look back. I think he had his little own special ops thing going and his little fantasy.

He's out there like in Vietnam doing special ops. He saw the boys coming by, said, here`s a good victim, he waited for them to return. He stood there. He got rid of the two of them because he couldn't handle all three, brought one back to wherever, and kept them there for as long as he wanted to continue what he was doing, until perhaps, some other people would be around and would find him there. So, I think they`re looking exactly the right place. We don`t know if that man on the farm is guilty of anything, but it`s the top place to look.

Good stuff Wisdom! Due to the boys not regularly going that way, it was a sporadic trip to get a movie, it could not have been specifically planned, so the person must have had a mask and gun ready either in car or wherever they started from, because they planned on kidnapping someone when the opportunity came, and it happened to come that night when he saw the boys, or they had done it before and continued to carry the mask and gun.

Good stuff Wisdom! Due to the boys not regularly going that way, it was a sporadic trip to get a movie, it could not have been specifically planned, so the person must have had a mask and gun ready either in car or wherever they started from, because they planned on kidnapping someone when the opportunity came, and it happened to come that night when he saw the boys, or they had done it before and continued to carry the mask and gun.

It was a first time ever trip at night.

Where are the tire tracks of the kidnapper?

Why not take three and put them in the trunk?

This is not a lovely person so taking three kids with a gun is no big deal. Force them into the trunk and go wherever he wants to go,

Here is a pic i found but I'm not sure when it was taken. It shows the woods are split with a couple possible entrance points.

View attachment 78258

It would have been taken before 2009, because the two buildings on the R farm that b urned down in 2009 are still there in this photo.

IMO, there would have been "field roads" back in 1989, if nothing else, that you could drive on - they would just be dirt.

So, he's looking at DR with much of this, but right at DAH with the Vietnam stuff. Is he looking at them as collaborators? Or does he think it's one of them, but doesn't know which to favor?

So, he's looking at DR with much of this, but right at DAH with the Vietnam stuff. Is he looking at them as collaborators? Or does he think it's one of them, but doesn't know which to favor?

He believes no vehicle was used and that LE is looking in the right direction with DR being the POI. DAH wouldn't have been on foot out there.

LE and this guy are suddenly so confident about something 15 years after the abduction.

Without Kevin this case couldn't be solved. They found Kevin, they found what was taking them away.

DR didn't do it imo. He's wrong

Fair enough. So you must believe he's also wrong about a vehicle not being used then... because if the perp was on foot it's hard to argue DR not being responsible. Please feel free to explain who your top suspect is and how a vehicle was used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leeloocee