MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DR can challenge the judges gag order and force le to give up its false information about him, he can clear his name. But he must have the help of legal counsel.

What to do if a court issues a gag order

If a court issues a gag order in a case you are covering, the first thing you should do is obtain a copy. If it is a written order, the court clerk should be able to provide a copy. If not, you may have to pay to have the court stenographer transcribe the judge’s oral directive.

Find out who the order gags and what restrictions it places on the gagged individuals. What is the judge’s justification for issuing the gag? Nuances in the language of the order may greatly affect whether it will be upheld on appeal.

If your sources have been gagged, you will need advice on whether you can challenge the order or whether the person directly affected by it must bring the challenge. Here, too, you will need the help of legal counsel.

In some cases, a judge will lift or modify a gag order when told of the constitutional problems it poses. But a formal appeal may be necessary to protect your ability to cover a court case.

https://www.rcfp.org/first-amendment-handbook/introduction-what-do-if-court-issues-gag-order

Sas he didn't do it, lets find the perp

Sas he didn't do it, lets find the perp

Interesting isn't it? that I'm trying to get DR's things back for him and clear his name. This is what he wants, he can challenge this. He can end the death threats and public scrutiny. Going around it by writing letters to 14 government agencies and seeking out Joy to do it was not the right way. Is DR innocent of this crime? challenge this with the appropriate legal counsel and take it to LE.

DR can challenge the judges gag order and force le to give up its false information about him, he can clear his name. But he must have the help of legal counsel.

What to do if a court issues a gag order

If a court issues a gag order in a case you are covering, the first thing you should do is obtain a copy. If it is a written order, the court clerk should be able to provide a copy. If not, you may have to pay to have the court stenographer transcribe the judge’s oral directive.

Find out who the order gags and what restrictions it places on the gagged individuals. What is the judge’s justification for issuing the gag? Nuances in the language of the order may greatly affect whether it will be upheld on appeal.

If your sources have been gagged, you will need advice on whether you can challenge the order or whether the person directly affected by it must bring the challenge. Here, too, you will need the help of legal counsel.

In some cases, a judge will lift or modify a gag order when told of the constitutional problems it poses. But a formal appeal may be necessary to protect your ability to cover a court case.

https://www.rcfp.org/first-amendment-handbook/introduction-what-do-if-court-issues-gag-order

A gag order has to do with the press and court cases

There is a sealed warrant. Totally different

Gag orders are a form of prior restraint that prohibit parties, lawyers, prosecutors, witnesses, law enforcement officials, jurors and others from talking to the press.1 Frequently such orders are sought by one party in a case, although judges may issue gag orders on their own initiative. - See more at: https://www.rcfp.org/first-amendment-handbook/introduction-what-do-if-court-issues-gag-order#.dpuf

No I don't think so but I believe he may have some insight and just hasn't come clean with it.
Thanks, completely agree. As many of you know, I still believe that some nomadic serial killer may have committed this crime; but get caught up with the logistics with the lack of car evidence and routes to 94.

Regarding Kevin, I am 100% confident he is not involved in Jacob's kidnapping. I agree with several posters that his story is very odd, but IMO he was absolutely not involved in the crime. If he were, he would have had no reason to come forward in 2003. It was a risky move for him to come forward if he were involved. We should focus on what is odd about his story, and what explanations there may be for those oddities.

A little off the subject here, but a reader recommended that I read books by former FBI profiler John Douglas. Douglas is the man who work inspired the character of FBI profiler Jack Crawford (played by actor Scott Glenn) in the movie "Silence of the Lambs."

I was on vacation last week and took the opportunity to read "Law and Disorder." I recommend this book to everyone, it offers a lot of insight to criminal profiling, and may open some minds to think differently about suspects in Jacob's case. Much of the book is focused on folks falsely accused, suspected, and / or convicted of murder.

An example is the Jon Bonet Ramsey case. I had long thought the parents were involved, but after reading this book I understand now how the media twisted certain things and made the parents "look" guilty. The story about the West Memphis Three is especially gripping.

People have a lot of different views on Ramsey and the Memphis Three.

There are some views on Douglas. I don't know what to think. Strange situations for sure

It is interesting that LE puts out info that is not true on purpose.

Just in the last couple of days there was a manhunt for a killer in CA. LE said they were scaling back the hunt for him.

In fact they said it in case he was watching TV. In no way were they cutting back. So LE does have strategy on things we do not know about.

Regarding Kevin, I am 100% confident he is not involved in Jacob's kidnapping. I agree with several posters that his story is very odd, but IMO he was absolutely not involved in the crime. If he were, he would have had no reason to come forward in 2003. It was a risky move for him to come forward if he were involved. We should focus on what is odd about his story, and what explanations there may be for those oddities.

He may have seen something or had some information he didn't want to share hence the delay in coming forward for many many years.

He may have seen something or had some information he didn't want to share hence the delay in coming forward for many many years.

The delay in coming forward suggests he feared coming forward.
His narrative explaining his whereabouts that night defies belief, which in turn implies there is more to the story.
Regarding Kevin, I am 100% confident he is not involved in Jacob's kidnapping. I agree with several posters that his story is very odd, but IMO he was absolutely not involved in the crime...We should focus on what is odd about his story, and what explanations there may be for those oddities.
BBM
The oddities about his story to me are many, but I would be happy with explanations for:
1. why he does not go to the Tom Thumb first since that is what he says he heard on the scanner?
2. given that he has admitted previous familiarity with the neighborhood and DR's driveway from using the party spots and the bike trails, I'd like to know why he would drive all the way up to DR's homestead to turn around, instead of turning around the way it's normally done when using someone else's driveway - using a three point turn between the driveway and the road.
3. why after hearing of a crime at the Tom Thumb does he end up driving down 91st Street, and after turning down 91st street why does he pick the crime scene as a place to turn around?

I was on vacation last week and took the opportunity to read "Law and Disorder." I recommend this book to everyone, it offers a lot of insight to criminal profiling, and may open some minds to think differently about suspects in Jacob's case.... Much of the book is focused on folks falsely accused, suspected, and / or convicted of murder. ...

Thanks, I downloaded the book and started reading it.

No. That's not what he said. First, there is no reference at all as to when the helicopters were airborne around the property. Second, Dan has repeatedly said that while he was out checking the buildings that the helicopter was flying near the woods and fields. The interviewer implied that there must have been helicopters and sirens and Dan noted he "was asleep". Show me a timeline of when the helicopters arrived. This can be compared to when the 911 call was placed giving a definitive timeline as to when the helicopter arrived. THAN, if he was asleep with a copter overhead you can continue <mod snip> about him sleeping through the helicopter buzzing around.

"He heads back down the road/driveway and searches the outbuildings. Every one of them. You would think there would be cops everywhere, but Dan said there were not. A helicopter was searching the woods and fields around his house, but as far as he knows, there were no cops who came down into the yard all night&#8230; just the few up by the woodpile earlier."
http://www.joybaker.com/2013/02/23/dans-story-2/

DR says he was asleep while helicopters were overhead.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_15424697

http://www.southernminn.com/waseca_...cle_dcd52f5e-a554-55e7-869e-2358914a75a7.html

When describing Jacob, Wetterling spoke of a young boy who adored his three siblings, had a knack for all things athletic and craved foods like guacamole and peanut butter. The boy was described as a leader at his school, one who won the school&#8217;s outstanding citizen award in fourth grade.
&#8220;What a loss this entire state suffered from this potential of this one child. We must be mindful that every child has that much potential and build a world that supports that,&#8221; Wetterling said, her voice becoming unsteady as she recalled the son she lost.
She spoke of the April Fool&#8217;s day pranks Jacob loved to pull on her, the way he moved from being a soccer player to a hockey goalie and how he&#8217;d congratulate an opponent who managed to score against him.
&#8220;One day I asked Jacob if it bothered him when someone scored a goal on him. He said &#8216;Not really. If it went in, that was a great shot. If I stopped it, that&#8217;s a great save.&#8217;&#8221; Wetterling recalled.

http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/local/2014/10/18/wetterlings-still-coping-heartbreak/17529251/

While all of this was going on, the Wetterlings were confronted by daily reminders of how little was known about Jacob's disappearance.

They also were confronted by grim possibilities.

"This is a sexually motivated crime. Sometimes, you need to say that," Patty said. "So, it's not like we're in la-la land.

"There've been some suspects that we've had to look at, and Jerry and I would look at each other and you'd just sort of pray that it's not that guy. Because if it's that guy, it's not a good ending. It was a really harsh, horrible ending."

http://www.postbulletin.com/vikings...cf9-e76b-54b6-8159-4cc41faa135a.html?mode=jqm

At the Metrodome in Minneapolis, there were signs, ribbons and Jacob's face on banners, and the boy's favorite song, ``Listen'' emanated from the public address system. Vikings players, coaches and trainers paced the sidelines in caps emblazoned ``Jacob's Hope.''

Merrill Swanson, director of public relations for the Vikings, said the team's collective attitude ``is that if there's anything we can do to help Jacob be found, or call attention to this in other parts of the country, we will: It's tremendously important to us; most of us are parents.''

A public service message Friday with a plea for Jacob's safe return was taped by running back Herschel Walker Friday and sent to the film and video arm of the National Football League. The NFL plans to produce Walker's message, replete with Jacob's picture and soundtrack music of ``Listen,'' and send it out over their satellite news service next week.

Coach Jerry Burns, who gave out four game balls to his players after their victory over the Rams, tucked a fifth under his arm to be awarded later.

``This one's for that little boy, Jacob,'' Burns said.

Vietnam vets walk for Jacob and missing children

http://www.startribune.com/vets-take-final-walk-to-remember-jacob/79697972/

care about them," Clark said.

The march to the Wetterling house is "absolutely positively the last three-day walk" the veterans will attempt because of the difficulty of navigating that 60-mile distance for many of them, Clark said. Some of the walkers are "wounded emotionally" from the war, he said, but have continued to join in the walk through the years.

This is unlikely to be the last trek for the cause of missing and abducted children, but future walks will be shorter, maybe 5 miles or so, Clark said. Meanwhile, he was pleased at the reaction as the veterans hoofed west in 20-degree temperatures.

"A lot of people are honking their horns today, and I believe it's in a positive way," he said.

"Sanner said in an interview Friday that four search warrants have been executed "at or near" the Rassier home. His office released four court orders that free investigators from their obligation to file the executed search warrants in court, which would make them public documents."

"Filing of the executed search warrants and accompanying inventories of what investigators took from the Rassier property "could cause future related searches to be unsuccessful and could create substantial risk of severely hampering this ongoing investigation of the disappearance of Jacob Wetterling," according to the orders signed by Stearns County District Court Judge Vicki Landwehr."

"There is "a lot of information to process," Sanner said Friday. He said investigators are working with "a lot of volume." He wouldn't speak specifically about what was found."

http://content.usatoday.com/dist/custom/gci/InsidePage.aspx?cId=newsleader&sParam=39119862.story

"Investigators in recent weeks developed probable cause that led to the search of the property, he said. They were then able to get additional resources to help with the search."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They suddenly developed probable cause, something that then allowed them to call up a cadaver dog from Louisiana. Does anyone involved with this case have the answer yet as to what was developed that led to these searches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme