MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too tall for Jared. Is he too tall for Jacob?

In the 911 phone call transcript Trevor Wetterling states the perp is around 5'10".

Though, I wouldn't expect a frightened 10-year-old boy be totally accurate.

I think we can believe Jared, but not so. sure about the description by Aaron and Trevor. Dark. What landmark would they have to guess his height?

Convenience stores have? Or used to have height marks on the door frame so clerks could identify height correctly

it was enough to kindle the interest of investigators on the Wetterling case -- but they ruled Feeney out pretty quickly.

Firstly, the modus operandi wasn't right, they say. Feeney courted his victims and did not use violence. Furthermore, two witnesses put him in the area but with them at the time of the abduction.

however, they believe they can rule him out as a suspect.

To put it simply, there is absolutely no connection between Matthew and the tragic disappearance of Jacob Wetterling.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/21348273/investigators-feeney-and-wetterling

“How can I clear my name without getting the crime solved,” Rassier said.

He insists the key to the case is a tan car similar a Monte Carlo that he told police sped into his yard the afternoon of the abduction.

“I’m convinced 100 percent whoever was driving that afternoon car…you have your kidnapper. No one drives like that in broad daylight,” Rassier said. “That is what I told police from the beginning.”

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/...est-goes-through-day-of-wetterling-abduction/

“How can I clear my name without getting the crime solved,” Rassier said.

He insists the key to the case is a tan car similar a Monte Carlo that he told police sped into his yard the afternoon of the abduction.

“I’m convinced 100 percent whoever was driving that afternoon car…you have your kidnapper. No one drives like that in broad daylight,” Rassier said. “That is what I told police from the beginning.”

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/...est-goes-through-day-of-wetterling-abduction/

He didn't do it Sas lets find the real perp.

In our local news today, the second in command at St. John’s (Rev. Tom Andert) has been removed as Prior to the monastery because of alleged sexual misconduct 3 decades ago. (1985) This helps explain why so many pedophile priests and monks have been allowed to wander free on campus and in local towns, the number 2 guy is an alleged abuser himself. (JMO) Andert was in charge of the Abbey and would fill in for the abbott when he was away. Andert served as headmaster of St. John's Prep School from 1988 to 1994.

COLLEGEVILLE – The prior of the monastery at St. John’s Abbey has stepped aside because of an allegation of sexual misconduct involving a former student at St. John’s Preparatory School, according to a spokesperson for the abbey in Collegeville.

The Rev. Tom Andert will “step back from public ministry and from his work until an investigation is completed,” the Rev. Aelred Senna, the abbey spokesperson, said in an email to MPR News. Andert declined to comment…. the reported incident is alleged to have occurred three decades ago and was reported by an adult person.

In a statement Thursday, the Survivors Network of Those Abused by Priests called St. John’s Preparatory School “a hotbed of abuse and cover ups” and urged anyone with information about Andert to contact law enforcement.

http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/l...r-steps-aside-pending-investigation/32077539/

Photo at this link:
"The abuse was originally reported to then-Abbott Timothy Kelly, “who dismissed it.’’
http://www.startribune.com/longtime-leader-at-st-john-s-abbey-accused-of-sex-abuse/322468541/

Just another one.

I still wonder if they have super super encypted computers so they can look up child *advertiser censored*

I'm almost convinced that the perp who took Jacob retrieved a disguise from an empty house and then set up his plan on the slope of that hill that night. Which local is it? There is at least 10 houses within a half mile of the abduction. DR had an empty house that night.

It only takes a rational mind to see the footprint evidence and say yeah, he was most likely put into a vehicle there, because that is where the trail ends. But whose car was it then? Hollingers?

Mossad seems to indicate that all of this discussion is solving absolutely nothing. His last post suggests that we should actually go out and physically search areas about to be slated for development in the area and look for human remains before mechanized development processes obliterate any evidence. But after all of this time, what evidence would be out in the open? Or concealed? What area hasn't been searched? For all we know there are locations in the area already developed that has ruined forever crucial clues.

I've thought for a long time myself that whoever did the deed is known and perhaps a family member or friend knows (or suspects) but isn't certain how they can report this individual without intimating themselves (after all, concealing a crime of this magnitude for 25+ years is a crime in itself) or perhaps putting themselves in danger. And if it came to light that someone had concealed a crime like that for that long they would be a social pariah in that town forever after no matter who they were protecting.

It only takes a rational mind to see the footprint evidence and say yeah, he was most likely put into a vehicle there, because that is where the trail ends. But whose car was it then? Hollingers?

Agree: the evidence points towards the use of a car.

There is a discussion on Joy's blog about the shadows shown in the picture of Jacob's footprint indicating he was facing south when the print was made. Assuming this conclusion about shadows is correct, this indicates to me Jacob is standing on the north side of the driveway, facing south at the moment his print and scent disappear from the scene ... as in either he was getting in the passenger side of a car pointed towards the road or the driver's side of a car pointed to the homestead.

Mossad seems to indicate that all of this discussion is solving absolutely nothing. His last post suggests that we should actually go out and physically search areas about to be slated for development in the area and look for human remains before mechanized development processes obliterate any evidence. But after all of this time, what evidence would be out in the open? Or concealed? What area hasn't been searched?

Ground sonar and possibly seismic data (as used in oil exploration, generated by handheld searches in a grid pattern) can apparently find "interesting" areas underground which might suggest digging. It's kind of a big deal to go about this for a 25 year old case; it would take a serious level of initiative and funding.

I've thought for a long time myself that whoever did the deed is known and perhaps a family member or friend knows (or suspects) but isn't certain how they can report this individual without intimating themselves (after all, concealing a crime of this magnitude for 25+ years is a crime in itself) or perhaps putting themselves in danger. And if it came to light that someone had concealed a crime like that for that long they would be a social pariah in that town forever after no matter who they were protecting.

One would hope an anonymous tip might do the trick but I also imagine in this case that half the people in town have turned in anonymous tips about the other half of people in town based on something 'suspicious' about their neighbor or someone they don't like. They received so many tips on this case that the one good tip may have been lost in the shuffle. In several big cases involving serial criminals the cops had tip(s) that weren't followed up with diligence simply because they lacked manpower or were focused on a pre-conceived notion of the criminal's identity that the good tip did not match. I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere along the way the cops received the right tip about Jacob.

I feel that at this point the physical evidence is probably not going to solve the case, but a release of the full physical evidence might point us in the direction of people with knowledge about the case - as you say friends or family members might upgrade a mere suspicion they had into something more tangible if the clues were made public.

I think it is hard for most of us as we do not live there.

What do we know about people in a strange town? Probably zero.

People rely on the opinions of others. People who have their own views for whatever reason. Best to be there and examine yourself, Ask lots of different people.

Sometimes you can find the motivation as to why someone may feel a certain way.

I am sure in our lives we have been in situations and been totally amazed at all of the different stories that come out. Many that are complete fabrications

Mossad seems to indicate that all of this discussion is solving absolutely nothing. His last post suggests that we should actually go out and physically search areas about to be slated for development in the area and look for human remains before mechanized development processes obliterate any evidence. But after all of this time, what evidence would be out in the open? Or concealed? What area hasn't been searched? For all we know there are locations in the area already developed that has ruined forever crucial clues.

They’ve been searching one of the quarries here in Quarry Park (Quarry 8) looking for the body of a suspected suicide. They drained the water almost completely out of the 100 ft. deep quarry. I had hopes they might find some old clues relating to other cases. They didn’t find the body they were looking for though.

http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/l...-go-nearly-empty-quarry-search-body/32000091/

http://www.kare11.com/story/news/2015/08/12/quarry-drained-in-search-for-missing-man/31523415/

http://www.aggman.com/granite-compa...ons-from-quarry-to-assist-in-search-for-body/

Wow. That is a lot of water! And murky conditions.

What were the quarries like at the time of Jacob's disappearance?

Mossad met with Joy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member