MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you may be correct in this case. However, I just wanted to add that I think there are other reasons an adult would still live at home. I know several people who have lived with parents through adulthood, and they aren't criminal. Some people do a lot to help their parents out. (I think some secretly hope to get the home/property when their parents pass on.) I would hate for someone to feel labeled criminal or gay just because they choose to live with their parents. (if they work and contribute, that is) :)

One thing, though, I think being labeled "gay" is not the same as being labeled a pedo.

Being labeled "gay" is not the same as being labeled a criminal.

People who are gay are just like people who are not. Some are crimmies just like hetero's.

If DR is gay, I don't think his parents would be very happy with it, however.

human,
It's fairly well known in St. Cloud and surrounding area, I think. I have cousins who went to St. John's for a couple years before switching to out of state colleges and they were well aware of "overly friendly" monks and priests out there. (I've lived here since I was 7, and attended catholic schools, so maybe I'm just more aware of it. I belonged to a youth group after high school that had one of the priests as its leader that is currently on restriction out at St. John's. He was a super nice, friendly guy involved with youth, and back then it never occurred to any of us that could be a bad thing.)
It's in the local and Twin Cities news quite often, Jeff Anderson is an attorney who has represented a lot of former victims with lawsuits against St. John's University/Abbey.

http://wcco.com/crime/st.johns.priest.2.1741384.html

http://www.eurekaencyclopedia.com/index.php/Category:St._John’s_Abbey_General

http://www.minnpost.com/stories/201...r_accountability_campaign_on_clergy_sex_abuse

I'm from Lake Woebegone myself but quite a long ways from St. Cloud. I remember reading somethings about the pedo priest stuff way in the past, but had no idea it was so huge there.

I wonder how aware people are that sent their kids to the boarding school?

One thing, though, I think being labeled "gay" is not the same as being labeled a pedo.

People who are gay are just like people who are not. Some are crimmies just like hetero's.

Thank you for that. I'll add that most gay guys don't live with their parents their whole lives. (I also think the incidence of pedophilia may be lower in the gay community than it is in the straight community. The confusion comes because pedos are classified as hetero or homosexual pedophiles but homosexual pedophilia is a scientific classification that does not mean those pedophiles are gay or like gay men. It means their victims are usually the same sex as the perp, hence the term).
What is striking about DR is that he appears to have had no relationships with other adults at all that were serious enough for him to want to get married or cohabit. He didn't even seem to want to go out on his own so maybe he could have someone spend the night without his parents knowing. Yes, some people stay their whole lives with their parents but it seems to be somewhat rare in Anglo men from the US. It does send up red flags given the circumstances. Many such guys have some sort of issue like drug addiction or social ineptitude. Some are also pedophiles who never wanted to go out on their own because, well, no reason to have their own place where they can bring another adult home for company. Add to that that this guy has a job bringing him around kids and lots of ties to pedophile priests and it looks bad, IMO.

I think you may be correct in this case. However, I just wanted to add that I think there are other reasons an adult would still live at home. I know several people who have lived with parents through adulthood, and they aren't criminal. Some people do a lot to help their parents out. (I think some secretly hope to get the home/property when their parents pass on.) I would hate for someone to feel labeled criminal or gay just because they choose to live with their parents. (if they work and contribute, that is) :)

I totally get what you are saying, but unfortunately it is usually true that men that are continuing to live with their parents well into adulthood are most often closeted gay or less often have problems like a criminal history, chemical dependency. I understand the blanket labeling is not socially acceptable, but that doesn't make it not true.

A man's desire for sex could be likened to a vampire's thirst for blood. Women are not the same. Men that appear to be "asexual" NEVER are actually asexual. They are almost always gay and closeted.

Even the most unattractive, possibly foul-smelling, personality-less male will pursue women not matter how un-confidently, but usually it is actually WITH confidence. Of course, not everyone is going out to the clubs, but some men do it by having girl friends or participating in female laden groups. My point is that they DO pursue women. Gay, closeted males do not.

Personally, I firmly believe that if we could rid the shame that goes with being homosexual to where it is a non-issue and something folks do not even think about as relevant, we could really reduce the molestation and pedophilia rates. The majority of these men are not interested in children per se, they just find them easy targets.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

IMO, the term would be "pederast". A man who is attracted to young boys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pederasty

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pederast

Most pedophiles are straight, and there are plenty of closeted gay men who are living "normal lives" in joyless marriages to women. As far as DR living at home, maybe out of convenience? who knows. Also, as far as personal relationships, perhaps he's not the committed type, I don't think anyone really knows much about his love life at this point. I'm not necessarily defending DR, especially knowing he's a POI, I'm just saying anything is possible.

Most pedophiles are straight, and there are plenty of closeted gay men who are living "normal lives" in joyless marriages to women. As far as DR living at home, maybe out of convenience? who knows. Also, as far as personal relationships, perhaps he's not the committed type, I don't think anyone really knows much about his love life at this point. I'm not necessarily defending DR, especially knowing he's a POI, I'm just saying anything is possible.

You have a point.

Yikes, I live in Duluth.
Moose Lake used to be a mental hospital in the past, I heard some time ago that it changed into something else.

Wasn't Moose Lake the location of the Katie Poirier abduction/murder???

sorry O/T

Yikes, I live in Duluth.
Moose Lake used to be a mental hospital in the past, I heard some time ago that it changed into something else.

I'm not sure if the whole thing is, but it is for the civilly committed-the worst of the worst.

They have guard towers with guys with weapons. Security is very tight. Very.

Don't worry. Just worry that it costs a ton of money and it may become unsustainable.

Plus, not one person has been released from there so the lawyers are circling around to say that it really isn't a place where they can get treated and released someday.

Release them to the lawyer's house then. These are the worst. Really really bad.

Wasn't Moose Lake the location of the Katie Poirier abduction/murder???

sorry O/T

I can't remember exactly, but maybe. One of those sex offenders from Moose Lake did not do it though. Donald Blom-what a psycho. I think he was living in the Cities and his wife had a cabin in the area or something. I forget.

I don't either. I was just responding to cocentric's post that he likely is a pedo or gay because he still lives at home. (not the exact wording of his/her post). I didn't mean being gay had anything to do with being criminal.

I know there was mention of a press conference, did I miss it? TIA

I've been reading comments on other blogs about people who had DR for a teacher and think that he likely didn't do it because he has worked around children for three decades and no child has ever come forward to say if any abuse occurred. I wonder if that's because there would be less opportunity to do anything to a child in a larger classroom setting.

Also,
If it wasn't DR then why on earth would the real perp take Jacob down his driveway?, it makes no sense.

Also, I'm curious if the DNA taken from the Cold Spring case has been compared to DR's DNA? And if it was and it matched, maybe that was the proof they needed to dig up his farm?

there was. I don't remember what was said except that it will take weeks, maybe months to go through the stuff they got.

I don't have time to look it up now.

I took a pic of DR and I put it side by side with the Cold Spring suspect sketch (I added color to the sketch).

I definitely see a resemblance around the mouth & chin and the eyes are kind of creased the same way IMO.

Here's the original sketch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member