MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. That clears up a lot. And it's awful that LE didn't take him more seriously...
I hope this new "dig" comes up with something. Anything...

on the forensic astrology area of WS, they have a nice summary of the case.

For 20 some years I thought Aaron heard the rustling right before the guy came out. I didn't realize that it was on the way to the store.

One thing I'm curious about is the foot prints left behind at the scene. If Jacob's footprints were there than I assume the abductors footprints were there too?

The police dog picked up Jacob's scent just inside the property and sources say it disappeared a couple hundred feet away, near the second telephone pole down the driveway.

Here are a couple video stills of the footprints.

I am not entirely convinced of the owner of the farms sons involvement. The two boys who witnessed the abduction - would they not have recognized this man's voice? And didn't they say he was in his 50's. That man would have only been in his 30's if I remember correctly? He's only in his 50's now...
Dogs are not always 100% correct on scents. Could the car have been parked further away...

Yes, I have thought of the car being parked further away, but apparently there was no evidence of it. If there are footprints, there certainly would have been tire tracks.

The kids were 10 and 11. I am a grandma and I am thinking of my high school teachers I had.

I thought they were so olllllld in high school. But looking back on it now, some of them were barely older than we were.

The man had a stocking over his face in the DARK. No streetlights.

How hard is it to disguise your voice, especially if you have a music background.

Playing an instrument means a lot of things with your tongue placement, etc.

Yes, I have thought of the car being parked further away, but apparently there was no evidence of it. If there are footprints, there certainly would have been tire tracks.

The kids were 10 and 11. I am a grandma and I am thinking of my high school teachers I had.

I thought they were so olllllld in high school. But looking back on it now, some of them were barely older than we were.

How hard is it to disguise your voice, especially if you have a music background.

This is what I was thinking. I'm not convinced of the man's guilt, either, but how do they know the perp was in his 50s? From the kids' eyewitness account? I remember being that age and thinking my grandparents were ancient, but now I realize they were merely middle aged. Is there really such a difference between someone in their 30s/40s/50s when you are just a child?

I don't think it's the music teacher next door. I'm pretty convinced that Jacob's abductor is the same person that sexually assaulted young Jared just 10 months before (the stories are just too similar). Jared was abducted right by Rocori Middle School who employs DR. Would DR be that stupid to abduct one of his very own students and then let him go? It just doesn't make sense.

I don't think it's the music teacher next door. I'm pretty convinced that Jacob's abductor is the same person that sexually assaulted young Jared just 10 months before (the stories are just too similar). Jared was abducted right by Rocori Middle School who employs DR. Would DR be that stupid to abduct one of his very own students and then let him go? It just doesn't make sense.

It could be 2 different people. Maybe Mr. Music heard about the Jared case and got the idea when he was out on his driveway.

He waited until the boys got back, after he got his gun and stocking.

I imagine all farmers have guns to shoot pesky animals that impact their livelihood.

It could be 2 different people. Maybe Mr. Music heard about the Jared case and got the idea when he was out on his driveway.

He waited until the boys got back, after he got his gun and stocking.

I imagine all farmers have guns to shoot pesky animals that impact their livelihood.

That is a possibility. I definitely think someone was stalking the boys. Someone had to have known they left and was waiting for them to come back. Maybe DR heard them riding around and thought it was the perfect time being his parents were gone.

I tend to agree with you, Michelle. I think he had been fantasizing about this for some time, maybe even years, and found the perfect opportunity with both his parents and Jacob's parents not around. To me his statement to the press back in 2005 was telling (paraphrased): "Had the police come into my home that night, it would have been all over."

I tend to agree with you, Michelle. I think he had been fantasizing about this for some time, maybe even years, and found the perfect opportunity with both his parents and Jacob's parents not around. To me his statement to the press back in 2005 was telling (paraphrased): "Had the police come into my home that night, it would have been all over."

But that quote can be looked at either way. He could have meant you could have searched my home, and found I was ALONE and sleeping - Jacob was not w/ me....
OR it can be read as a slight slip on his part you would have found Jacob in my home and this case would be solved.
I dont think that DR is dumb enough to do this. I'd like to know HOW he is even a POI? Is it only b/c his home was where Jacob was kidnapped in front of? Or do they have more info than we know?
I want this case solved SO BAD....but I dont think we'll get anything out of the farm.
UNLESS - just throwing out scenarios - the abductor did whatever he did to Jacob, killed him and left or buried him at that farm - hence, no scent after the farm area....

But how far away did they search for tire marks? His car could have been parked in a parking lot - so there would be no tire marks....he just simply would have drug Jacob to his car - parked in a parking lot somewhere far away - and drove off....

But how far away did they search for tire marks? His car could have been parked in a parking lot - so there would be no tire marks....he just simply would have drug Jacob to his car - parked in a parking lot somewhere far away - and drove off....

I'm thinking that would be a long ways to drag a child hoping no one would see you.

I'm wondering if what they may find is something of Jacob's kept by the perp as a rememberence. I know it's morbid, but I've read some do this as a way to help them relive their crime.

I have been there so I know what it looks like (not the farm but the road and the driveway spot)

The road had no lights. Jacob's house was in a cul de sac where where were a few homes. Not many. I would say 6 but I could be off in either direction. It's a long time to remember.

Then there was the 158 acre farm. That's quite a bit of land. After that, there were houses which were close. Just like in a normal city. Then the Tom Thumb store that the boys went to.

This road is very narrow and DARK until the houses.

There is no parking lot.

This was rural.

There would be no way that I can figure that a stranger could see them at the store, go past all of the houses and hide in that driveway.

How could a stranger know how far the boys were going. Plus, the stranger would have had to pass them in a vehicle and the boys did not see one.

The driveway was the best spot. Perfect.

Any thoughts that an ATV could have been hidden near that second telephone pole? There are other means of transport that could get through fields, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1