MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to recall Aaron and/or Trevor stating the abductor had a low gravelly voice (the Cold Springs victim as well). I believe in the 911 call placed by the baby sitter's Dad, Aaron either told the 911 operator that the abductor sounded like he had a "cold" or the voice was "low".

DR has a very distinct speech pattern , not anything that I would describe as intimidating. Wouldn't be that much of a stretch to lower his voice to disguise it and sound more threatening.
The abductor's voice was described as "congested". Most adults can alter their laryngeal muscles and make their voice sound congested.

About Dan's speech impediment (lisp): The FBi profiler mentioned that the abductor would have a low self-image stemming from a physical deformity. The FBI expert in psychological profiles flies in from Washington, D.C. described the abductor as a white man who was 25-35 years old with a low self-image probably stemming from a physical deformity.

I do not call the Tom Thumb the abduction scene.

It is exactly as I recall. Kevin said he saw the officer where the bikes were.

So many different stories by Kevin and DR
Do you think Kevin could have been one of Dan's victims? (Jerry Sandusky had a victim who agreed to be adopted as an adult by Sandusky. Kevin's delay in reporting his observations on the night Jacob was abducted by a wimpy, impotent are very suspect.)

It might have been a black nylon stocking as well.

Apparently, DR's mother had black nylons even though he said she did not. They were seen hanging on a bathroom rod .

As far as the gun, it could have been anything. The power of suggestion under fear is amazing. Try it yourself sometime on some friends
I saw that clip too. It was years ago, but a woman's black stockings/hose were hanging in the Rassier's bathroom. If those weren't Dan's mom's black stockings, they had to be creepy Dan's.

Does anyone know what Dan Rassier's involvement is in the furrie subculture?

The abductor's voice was described as "congested". Most adults can alter their laryngeal muscles and make their voice sound congested.

About Dan's speech impediment (lisp): The FBi profiler mentioned that the abductor would have a low self-image stemming from a physical deformity. The FBI expert in psychological profiles flies in from Washington, D.C. described the abductor as a white man who was 25-35 years old with a low self-image probably stemming from a physical deformity.

DR lists that he is involved in choral music as well. A singer sure can change their voice.

I googled DR (full name) car and it came up. There are other interesting articles as well.

I was trying to find where it said he saw the car and when.

There is another article out there that said that he put his head out the window and told LE he was tired and it was not worth his time to search.

I cannot find that one, but it was in the St. cloud paper I believe shortly after the crime.

There are so many quotes by him out there that are so different.

Realistically, have you ever heard of police cars speeding without sirens. That would be so dangerous.

Not commenting on DR's credibility, but I have seen many cop cars speeding with lights on and no sirens. I assumed they did it that way to avoid alerting the perp.

Not commenting on DR's credibility, but I have seen many cop cars speeding with lights on and no sirens. I assumed they did it that way to avoid alerting the perp.

I think the perp is already aware that LE us onto him. There would be no surprise that LE is coming. After all, two boys were on the run with the info. No surprises there,

LE goes without sirens when there are hidden things going on, such as a burglary.

DR had a dog. The Wetterlings had a dog. If anyone else had a dog, I bet the dogs were barking wildly as well

Sound carries easily in the country

This was Kevin's version of the story

"Suddenly, they see three police cars go flying past on County 75, lights on, and heading east. (Kevin can’t remember if he heard any sirens, but he remembers the lights.) Since there were only three cops in town at the time (Lorenz, Young/Punky, and a new guy they didn’t know), the group realizes something big must be happening. They decide to follow the cop cars and see what’s going on."

http://www.joybaker.com/2013/03/14/back-to-jacob-kevins-story/

I wonder why the store clerk never mentioned this part of the story?

Why weren't people on the look out for this guy that Kevin talked to in the store?

The clerk saw him also.

I wonder why the store clerk never mentioned this part of the story?

Why weren't people on the look out for this guy that Kevin talked to in the store?

The clerk saw him also.

Wasn't there some speculation that Matthew Feeney might have been the "Medical Cop" that Kevin claimed he spoke to at the Tom Thumb?

This is an interesting article on Feeney, "I don't know what kind of car, but it was like a cop car," Tim recalled, explaining that there was a CB radio, night stick and large flashlight inside."

Read more:
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/21348273/investigators-feeney-and-wetterling

Another article "The night Jacob was taken I was returning from a Youth Group event and dropping off XXXXXX (who lived across from the Wetterlings) so we were by the 7-11 and drove down the Wetterling road within an hour (if not minutes) of the actual abduction. – Matthew Feeney (October 26, 2010)"

http://www.behindthepinecurtain.com/wordpress/matthew-feeney-jacob-wetterling/

I think people on here who live in the area were questioning the Feeney statements. You can search for them on here.

In the first place, there were either three or five homes in the cul de sac where the Wetterlings live. I think it was three. Some other people feel it was five.

Perhaps you have a way of verifying how many homes.

At the time of the abduction, there were hundreds if not thousands of pleas for information.

What's up with all of this information coming out years later. Why?

Much information has been given about Kevin on Joy's Blog. Maybe someone can figure out who he is from her info.

I am wondering why no one he was involved with that night gave any information at all. Everyone was looking for the tiniest thread of information,

I am so curious what he meant that the car had LE rims. What in the heck is that?

Yup, I see it quite frequently as well. Would be interesting to know if there were sirens that night or not.

I saw that clip too. It was years ago, but a woman's black stockings/hose were hanging in the Rassier's bathroom. If those weren't Dan's mom's black stockings, they had to be creepy Dan's.

Does anyone know what Dan Rassier's involvement is in the furrie subculture?

What is a "furrie"? I haven't heard of that before.

For me , the question is why Patty and LE believe it was DR.

When other cases are finally revealed on WS, I am astounded as to what LE knew. My guess is LE knows a lot that we do not know.

One thing I do wonder is if the perp in the Jared case was impotent. Perhaps that is why he had Jared for three hours. The perp has sexual dysfunction.

Is the Dan R. that is involved with the Furrie's the same Dan R? There is a resemblance, but I cannot tell.

Does anyone know?

Is the Dan R. that is involved with the Furrie's the same Dan R? There is a resemblance, but I cannot tell.

Does anyone know?

After learning about his involvement with this subculture, I went 'dumpster diving'. (Gawd, there are some really sick pervs out there!) There's another site with a Danny Razzy on it. Look fast before he deletes it.

Couldn't find a scientific answer to your questions, but most of the stuff I read said musical or mathematical abilities are often seen. Some notable musicians have been diagnosed with it. I mostly found a lot of personal stories.

Maybe music is soothing, as this person with Aspergers says.

http://aspergersthealien.blogspot.com/2011/05/importance-of-musicautism-aspergers.html

Here is forum that teachers with Aspergers discuss their struggles.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt225969.html

Here is a list of some accomplished people with it. One is a college professor.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...1103/have-you-met-my-seven-aspergers-teachers

I do think there is an important distinction between pedophiles who abduct and those that don't. I think it makes sense that many just simply don't need to. They are skilled manipulators who can discredit kids because of their status and/or they target vulnerable kids. Even if they do hurt the kids to avoid getting caught, they don't necessarily abduct or even kill them. Many threaten them, family members, etc and use physical abuse or animal abuse to back up the threats. They, over time, emotionally dominate the victims into silence.

The person who can't gain the trust of parents, who would set off red flags, who would not be allowed to coach or baby sit, would have to steal a child.

A person who is limited by his mommy and daddy living with him CAN'T GROOM A CHILD EASILY.

Dan isn't autistic, in my professional opinion. He's just ODD.
The person who enjoys the terror of the victim as he/she is being abducted, the thrill of stealing, and and total control to inflict pain, would kidnap/murder to fulfill those sadistic fantasies.

Whoever is responsible for abducting Jared and Jacob, within 9 months apart, would not have stopped with them IMO. I think looking at related crimes: 11 or so year old boys abducted at gun point, anywhere, would be so important to look at.

Jacob's abductor hasn't stopped being a pedophile. He just stopped abducting victims. He changed the method in which he meets his perverse needs. The Internet flourished in the years following Jacob's abduction and this is how many sickos meet their perverse needs. Some are thrilled watching others in sexual acts with children. (I read on Dan's Linked In that he was computer programming experience. Knowing how to establish servers/proxies would be useful for someone trying to evade arrest for involvement in Internet child *advertiser censored*.)
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/05/29/pay-view-child-*advertiser censored*-bust-jeffrey-herschell

Dan is unable to groom and molest boys at his home and he doesn't have a private place to molest young boys. For this reason, he was/is doesn't meet all of the following preferential pedophile requirements in red, IMO:

-Popular with both children and adults.
-Appears to be trustworthy and respectable. Has good standing in the community.
-Prefers the company of children. Feels more comfortable with children than adults. Is mainly attracted to prepubescent -SAME AGE AS JACOB AND JARED boys and girls. Can be heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual, but that's only an act. A preferential pedophile is actually only sexually attracted to children.
-Singles out children who seem troubled and in need of attention or affection. I'll bet Dan gives quite a few free lessons to indigent and fatherless boys not girls.
-"Grooms" children with quality time, video games, parties, candy, toys, gifts, money.
-Often dates or marries women with children that are the age of his preferred victims.
-Rarely forces or coerces a child into sexual contact. Usually through trust and friendship. Physical contact is gradual, from touching, to picking up, to holding on lap, to kissing, etc.

-Derives gratification in a number of ways. For some, looking is enough. For others, taking pictures or watching children undress is enough. Still others require more contact.
-Finds different ways and places to be alone with children.
-Are primarily (but not always) male, masculine, better-educated, more religious than average, in their thirties, and choose jobs allowing them greater access to children. If Dan is the best trumpet player in MN, why does he remain teaching prepubescent children? Why does he not use his talents with the Minnesota Orchestra?
-Are usually family men, have no criminal record, and deny that they abuse children, even after caught, convicted, incarcerated, and court-ordered into a sex offender program. The marriage is often troubled by sexual dysfunction, and this serves as a smokescreen for the pedophile's true preferences and practices. Being the caring son to mommy and daddy and never living on his own is Dan's smokescreen, IMO.
-Are often, but not always, themselves victims of some form of childhood sexual abuse.
-Even if the pedophile has no children, his home is usually child-friendly, with toys, books, video games, computers, bikes, swing sets, skateboards, rec room, pool, snacks - things to attract children to his home and keep them coming back. Usually the items reflect the preferred age of his victims. IMO, Dan's is likely filled with musical instruments that attract male prepubescent boys with whom he can interact and then fantasize about them. He can't touch any at his home with his parents in the next room though.

http://www.mental-health-matters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=519

Pensfan
verified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse

After learning about his involvement with this subculture, I went 'dumpster diving'. (Gawd, there are some really sick pervs out there!) There's another site with a Danny Razzy on it. Look fast before he deletes it.

I cannot find the Danny Razzy.

The furries look cute to me, but it is unusual for adults, IMHO.

That is interesting about the computer skills. What is the name of that girl that was just killed by that perv in Maine, I think?

Even though he was on FB for a year, the FBI could not trace him. It is interesting that people who know what they are doing cannot be traced. I would have not guessed that

Yes I did, and according to the law it appears that LE should have had their sirens on while enroute to the Wetterlings. But it would be great to know if they actually did have their sirens on.

They also should have secured the crime scene as soon as possible after responding, but that appears to be in doubt as well. Also, the LE officer that Kevin talked to initially should have documented that contact if Kevin stated he was at the crime scene. But he didn't. Being this was a small town, with a LE staff unaccustomed to dealing with a major crime like this - who knows if they would follow all procedures to the letter of the law?

Surely, someone involved in the case knows the truth about the sirens. If there were sirens, it does hurt DR's story - no doubt.

I wonder about the lights. When the LE patrol cars were parked at the Wetterlings - did they keep their lights on? Kevin said he couldn't locate the commotion (not quoting directly) after he went over the hill, so he turned onto the DR driveway and turned around. If LE car lights were flashing at the Wetterlings, Kevin would have easily seen them.

I'm also curious if the LE strobe lights were on when parked near the abduction scene. If they were, and if DR saw flashlights by the woodpile, then he also would have seen the refections of LE's car strobes. It was exceptionally dark that night, until about 2:00am when the moon appeared - any sort of light source would have been very noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876