MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Dan R. that is involved with the Furrie's the same Dan R? There is a resemblance, but I cannot tell.

Does anyone know?

Could you post a link to the site?

I did not hear it. It is on here somewhere several times.

DR stated that Patty sent him a letter asking him to confess. Perhaps in 2004. Perhpas you can search Patty and letter or 2004.

Could you post a link to the site?

If you look up DR , he is on an Innocence site. Then you press the DR comment and it will lead you to the furrie info.

But maybe it is a joke on DR for all I know

Yes I did, and according to the law it appears that LE should have had their sirens on while enroute to the Wetterlings. But it would be great to know if they actually did have their sirens on.

They also should have secured the crime scene as soon as possible after responding, but that appears to be in doubt as well. Also, the LE officer that Kevin talked to initially should have documented that contact if Kevin stated he was at the crime scene. But he didn't. Being this was a small town, with a LE staff unaccustomed to dealing with a major crime like this - who knows if they would follow all procedures to the letter of the law?

Surely, someone involved in the case knows the truth about the sirens. If there were sirens, it does hurt DR's story - no doubt.

I wonder about the lights. When the LE patrol cars were parked at the Wetterlings - did they keep their lights on? Kevin said he couldn't locate the commotion (not quoting directly) after he went over the hill, so he turned onto the DR driveway and turned around. If LE car lights were flashing at the Wetterlings, Kevin would have easily seen them.

I'm also curious if the LE strobe lights were on when parked near the abduction scene. If they were, and if DR saw flashlights by the woodpile, then he also would have seen the refections of LE's car strobes. It was exceptionally dark that night, until about 2:00am when the moon appeared - any sort of light source would have been very noticeable.

The crime was something never seen, so we know how confusing that all was.

But LE drives fast all of the time, so the rules for driving fast are nothing new to them.

The lights at t he Wetterlings are interesting. I wonder if you could see the Wetterlings from the road. My guess is "no", but I do not know.

It had to be someone who knew the area well. Who would tell someone to run away in the night? You would have no idea if that would be possible.

I think about the terrain by my house. No one could get more than 100 feet.

The person knew that land like the back of his hand or it would never have been said to the kids.

To me that is a "tell". Something the kidnapper gave away without thinking.

I did not hear it. It is on here somewhere several times.

DR stated that Patty sent him a letter asking him to confess. Perhaps in 2004. Perhpas you can search Patty and letter or 2004.

Patty wrote an open letter to the abductor in 1999 and newspapers agreed to print it. This is the only letter that I'm aware of.

I found this in the article I've linked regarding a letter Dan received. I don't know if it's the same letter from 1999 because it says he received it 6 years ago (from 2010). This isn't very clear, though. I'm not sure if Patty addressed it to him or if it was the sherriff's department that addressed the letter to him.

"It was addressed to me but it looks like it went through the sheriff's department. It was basically pleading with me to, basically accusing me that I did it and that would you please end this whole thing and let's wrap this up and come forward."

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=875817

Patty wrote an open letter to the abductor in 1999 and newspapers agreed to print it. This is the only letter that I'm aware of.

I found this in the article I've linked regarding a letter Dan received. I don't know if it's the same letter from 1999 because it says he received it 6 years ago (from 2010). This isn't very clear, though. I'm not sure if Patty addressed it to him or if it was the sherriff's department that addressed the letter to him.

"It was addressed to me but it looks like it went through the sheriff's department. It was basically pleading with me to, basically accusing me that at I did it and that would you please end this whole thing and let's wrap this up and come forward."

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=875817

Yes. That is the letter I read about.

Patty thinks it is him.

The letter was in 2004.

Aren't you always surprised when reading on WS to find out how much LE has? LE knows a lot we do not know.

I cannot find the Danny Razzy.

The furries look cute to me, but it is unusual for adults, IMHO.

That is interesting about the computer skills. What is the name of that girl that was just killed by that perv in Maine, I think?

Even though he was on FB for a year, the FBI could not trace him. It is interesting that people who know what they are doing cannot be traced. I would have not guessed that
I thought that Nichole's abductor would be immediately found too since he had posted for months on FB. :(

Does anyone know precisely where the abductor took Jared? I know it was near Richmond, but I'm wondering where exactly. It seems as though the abductor must have known there would be nobody home at that site. Possibly another similarity to Jacob's case, where people were away from home?

Another thing that's always frustrated me about Jared's abduction - the perp had him for 3 hours. I would think the parent(s) of a 12 year old kid would be concerned about their whereabouts when they've been gone for 3 hours past their expected return home. That being said - it seems particularly risky for the abductor to bring Jared back to Cold Spring - knowing that by that time LE may be looking for him. UNLESS, the abductor knew that Jared would not be noticed "missing" for that time.

Good points!

I do wonder where it was. You would think someone would figure it out from thedrscription.

The three hours signals impotence to me

But with Jacob's case, it would be impossible to know the parents would be gone.

Remember, no cell phones back then.

Does anyone know precisely where the abductor took Jared? I know it was near Richmond, but I'm wondering where exactly. It seems as though the abductor must have known there would be nobody home at that site. Possibly another similarity to Jacob's case, where people were away from home?

Another thing that's always frustrated me about Jared's abduction - the perp had him for 3 hours. I would think the parent(s) of a 12 year old kid would be concerned about their whereabouts when they've been gone for 3 hours past their expected return home. That being said - it seems particularly risky for the abductor to bring Jared back to Cold Spring - knowing that by that time LE may be looking for him. UNLESS, the abductor knew that Jared would not be noticed "missing" for that time.

LE knows exactly where Jared was taken, because they drove him around until he recognized the farm silo and distinctive light. So it was out on a country road somewhere, not necessarily at some particular "site." Jared came forward and talked about his experience as a child to try and help solve Jacob's case. Info on that at link:
http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=63324

If you are referring to the DR home and the parents being gone, please remember that DR lived there and was over 30 years old.

He was hardly what I would call a child

Good point about Jared being missing for 3 hours. You would have to think his Mother would have had an approximate time frame for his return home from hockey practice.

Very brazen on the abductor's part as well.

Even though Jacob's abduction was in a remote area. I still think that Jacob's abductor was fairly brazen also. Releasing two witnesses, LE possibly on the scene very quickly because of the witnesses. Not to mention that someone...anyone...might have driven down that road at the precise moment of the abduction.

Good points.

That is another reason I think the perp lived in the area.

He knew what the chances were of a car coming down that road on a Sunday night at that time. Probably zero.

It is possible that the abduction was a joke that went horribly wrong.

She did ask him.

He says he is a jokester.

I so wonder what his idea of pranks are.

He seems so immature to me, especially for a person who is a professional.

Reading about all of the things he does such as being a coach for kid's volleyball and basketball and being a yearbook advisor totally negates the idea of him having Asperger's.

I do know that people when he was growing up considered him odd.

But why? What are his characteristics?

He loves the limelight. That is also indicative to me that he does not have Asperger's.

And I soooooooooo wonder why his mother practically had a nervous breakdown over LE digging up their gravel pit. It is not like that was her amazing landscaped garden.

That to me is a reaction that is waaaaaaay over the top.

And did they have one or two outbuildings that burned down? I think two. Strange.

She did ask him.

He says he is a jokester.

I so wonder what his idea of pranks are.

He seems so immature to me, especially for a person who is a professional.

Reading about all of the things he does such as being a coach for kid's volleyball and basketball and being a yearbook advisor totally negates the idea of him having Asperger's.

I do know that people when he was growing up considered him odd.

But why? What are his characteristics?

He loves the limelight. That is also indicative to me that he does not have Asperger's.

And I soooooooooo wonder why his mother practically had a nervous breakdown over LE digging up their gravel pit. It is not like that was her amazing landscaped garden.

That to me is a reaction that is waaaaaaay over the top.

And did they have one or two outbuildings that burned down? I think two. Strange.

Bumping for Jacob

OK, let's say hypothetically that DR was the abductor.

That would make the most sense if you subscribe to the theory that this was a crime of opportunity.

So let's say, hypothetically, that DR was out running, as he has claimed, but it was much later in the evening. DR hears the boys coming down the road on their bikes, and hides in the brush (Aaron recalls an unusual rustling in the area where Jacob was abducted on the return trip). He can not suppress his urges. His memories of another abduction and molestation of a boy from 10 months prior are no longer enough to satisfy his needs.

He guesses that the boys will be returning on this route, and runs home to get his starter's pistol (which he uses to prepare for marathon races) and a "mask". He recalls his mistake from the 1st abduction, possibly being recognized by the victim. His parents are not home and he seizes the moment. He lays in wait...and then pounces at the opportune moment.

Wearing his Mother's pantyhose over his face, brandishing his starters pistol which the boys easily believe is a real gun, and lowering his voice to sound more intimidating. DR looks over the 3 boys and quickly chooses his victim. He cannot take all 3 boys, and let's 2 of the boys go...now what?

If in fact DR is the abductor...he would have to know that the 2 boys would go for help and that LE could be on the scene very quickly. Where would he take Jacob? Where could he hide Jacob? I would think if a crime occurred at the entrance of my driveway, that at the very least LE would question me as a potential witness. Wouldn't it be logical to think a search of the buildings and property would ensue.

It always troubled me that the 2 buildings burned down too, possibly more evidence destroyed.

I do not understand why he was not questioned, except that the family is so prominent that there would be no suspicion.

But still, why not ask him what he knows?

There is a news article somewhere that says he hollered out the window that he was tired and wanted to go to bed. Where that is, I do not know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61