MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read this article in SFGate: disgusting - just awful that Jacob's family has to deal with this indignity on top of losing their child:
http://blog.sfgate.com/crime/2013/0...guilty-again-of-missing-child-identify-theft/

Excerpt:
"A man convicted of stealing the identity of missing San Francisco child Kevin Collins pleaded guilty in federal court Thursday to using another missing child’s name fraudulently, according to the U.S. attorney’s office in Northern California.

Behzad Talai Mofrad, 47, admitted to stealing the identity of Jacob Wetterling, Minnesota boy who was 11 when he was kidnapped in 1989, and using it to get false identification and to lease a 2013 BMW M3 coupe."

I met Kevin Collins father at a missing child symposium. He looked like he was a thousand years old

I met Kevin Collins father at a missing child symposium. He looked like he was a thousand years old
having a missing person in your family takes a toll on you. I'm sure it's nature's botox keeping me looking young. ;) (that and some blond in a bottle)

Crooks irritate me, it's inconceivable that this person would do this. And not for the first time (and if he doesn't get life, which he likely won't,) he'll do it again. How can people be such opportunistic thugs?

Bumping for Jacob

OK, let's say hypothetically that DR was the abductor.

That would make the most sense if you subscribe to the theory that this was a crime of opportunity.

So let's say, hypothetically, that DR was out running, as he has claimed, but it was much later in the evening. DR hears the boys coming down the road on their bikes, and hides in the brush (Aaron recalls an unusual rustling in the area where Jacob was abducted on the return trip). He can not suppress his urges. His memories of another abduction and molestation of a boy from 10 months prior are no longer enough to satisfy his needs.

He guesses that the boys will be returning on this route, and runs home to get his starter's pistol (which he uses to prepare for marathon races) and a "mask". He recalls his mistake from the 1st abduction, possibly being recognized by the victim. His parents are not home and he seizes the moment. He lays in wait...and then pounces at the opportune moment.

Wearing his Mother's pantyhose over his face, brandishing his starters pistol which the boys easily believe is a real gun, and lowering his voice to sound more intimidating. DR looks over the 3 boys and quickly chooses his victim. He cannot take all 3 boys, and let's 2 of the boys go...now what?

If in fact DR is the abductor...he would have to know that the 2 boys would go for help and that LE could be on the scene very quickly. Where would he take Jacob? Where could he hide Jacob? I would think if a crime occurred at the entrance of my driveway, that at the very least LE would question me as a potential witness. Wouldn't it be logical to think a search of the buildings and property would ensue.

It always troubled me that the 2 buildings burned down too, possibly more evidence destroyed.
Yes, that is very troubling. What other child abduction sicko perv monster suspect is so extremely unfortunate that TWO of his buildings burn down?

I am so curious. Joy lives in New London MN which is nowhere near St. Joe.

She is from Brooklyn Park originally, which again is nowhere near St. Joe.

I, too, wonder how in the heck she got to interview Kevin who is totally unknown.

This is really strange.

They must be involved together in something since Joy doesn't live near Dan. Did Joy Baker met Dan Rassier through St. John's Abbey?
http://www.behindthepinecurtain.com/wordpress/welcome/
Dan Rassier is the adjunct music instructor for these :cough cough: monks and St. John's college.

They might also have met each other in furries' "activities" or a running club.

I am so curious. Joy lives in New London MN which is nowhere near St. Joe.

She is from Brooklyn Park originally, which again is nowhere near St. Joe.

I, too, wonder how in the heck she got to interview Kevin who is totally unknown.

This is really strange.

New London and St Joseph are only 40 miles apart - not far at all to drive to help solve an epic crime that affected the heartland of America and beyond.

Pensfan has answered how Joy knew who Kevin was.

Otherwise, I was wondering how she could know what is going on and who is who in a town that is 40 miles away. Maybe I am different, but I do not know who is who in a town 40 miles away. So, Joy said she introduced them, but that is not true.

I see the route to St. Joe includes Paynesville where that turkey farmer laborer was abusing boys and Cold Spring. Hm.

Is Joy Baker the St. autumn who writes the Jacob blog as well?

Two observations, and then back to lurking...

1.) It had to be a local because a kidnapper on foot facing an LE response like that had to know where to hide Jacob to prevent his immediate discovery. jmvho and nothing you havent already considered.

2.) DR reminds me of BTK in that he baits LE, which shows an incredible callousness to the Wetterlings and to their suffering.

I would love to see his poly. I dont know if he is a fame *advertiser censored* or if he was truly involved, but I am going to assume LE conducted extensive searches of areas associated with his employment then and now....he for sure has something like a trophy hiding in plain site if he is guilty. jmvho.

Wow Believe. That is so interesting.

The taunting.

The trophy! I have goosebumps!

I have to ask what possible reason could there be for someone who could not be bothered to having a collection of news articles ? There is only one answer for me.

Is Joy Baker the St. autumn who writes the Jacob blog as well?

Those 2 blogs do seem to be related, because saintautumn links a lot to Joy's blog. I was under the impression that the saint autumn blog was written by one of the regulars here on WS though. It seems to be more a compilation of articles from Immelman's website and the Charley Project. But I have no idea who really owns it because there is no name attached to it. Maybe just someone interested in Jacob's case??

Joy is more open about putting her name on her blog, and she posts links to it on her fb page.

St Autumn is an interesting choice of name. Is it connected to the Abbey?

Wow Believe. That is so interesting.

The taunting.

The trophy! I have goosebumps!

I have to ask what possible reason could there be for someone who could not be bothered to having a collection of news articles ? There is only one answer for me.

You are mocking me arent you...

St Autumn is an interesting choice of name. Is it connected to the Abbey?

My guess, since I live here, is it may be run by someone from St. Ben's (which is part of St. John's now.) Bennies are fond of using those "saint" names. ;-)

I don't think anyone is mocking your thoughts. You're thoughts are always very logical.

Why else would Dan keep all those articles about a missing child whom wasn't his or a relatives' child? Rassier even kept the letter that Jacob's mom wrote to him even though he refused to respond back to her. It hurts me to think about the sad things Jacob's mom likely said in that letter, but Rassier kept it. I wish we knew the condition the those articles and letters that Rassier saved. I'll bet they were worn because they were handled and reread many, many times.

What!

No way!

The taunting of LE. Yes,you are right!

And the trophy. Never thought of it. That is something to think about.

DR said that he was not going to waste his time looking for Jacob. Yet he has scrapbooks about him. Hm.

What!

No way!

The taunting of LE. Yes,you are right!

And the trophy. Never thought of it. That is something to think about.

DR said that he was not going to waste his time looking for Jacob. Yet he has scrapbooks about him. Hm.

I wasnt upset, believe me :) I figured I was making an :censored: of myself covering ground that had been well covered.

Scrapbooks. Good Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members