MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if it is for college students, what teacher wants to be with students alone? That is asking for trouble. Not too smart!

Keep in mind that there has never been any written complaints against DR in his 20+ years of teaching. Still, I wouldn't want my kids in his classroom.

I agree Marlins.

But anyone with half a brain has taken precautions for years now.

For instance, a doctor no longer gives women exams without a nurse in the room.

Someone who has been announced as a POI is taking a serious risk. Anyone could make a false claim.

Very foolish or arrogant person, I feel.

Keep in mind that there has never been any written complaints against DR in his 20+ years of teaching. Still, I wouldn't want my kids in his classroom.
Jerry Sandusky sexually abused boys for decades before complaints against him were made known. Sandusky had many filthy adult enablers which kept the complaints from surfacing earlier.

Complaints against Dan at the private Catholic school would go directly to the priest abbott in charge. Did that abbott report the child molesting priests from his monastery to LE? If not, he may not report a child-molesting teacher. Dan likely has some filthy adult enablers just like Sandusky, IMO. Some of them think they are protecting the RC Church or his family. Others are just ignorant and/or evil.

Just for the record, I think the circumstantial case against DR is strong. IMO, he is responsible in some way.

The thing that baffles me though is that LE didn't recover any mementos beyond the file with Jacob news clippings and the letter from Patty. DR has stated that he is a "pack rat" and that he keeps "everything". It seems reasonable that if DR were responsible, he would have kept some sort of memento from that night. However, it is probable that he disposed of everything upon being named a POI.

Along the lines of disposing evidence. Does anyone know what two buildings burnt down from the DR farmstead? And when the fire occurred?

Along the lines of disposing evidence. Does anyone know what two buildings burnt down from the DR farmstead? And when the fire occurred?

I think they were storage sheds of some sort. If you see the first picture at this link, you can see the two burned out looking rectangles in the center where the sheds used to stand.

http://www.immelman.us/news/jacob-wetterling-rassier-search/

I'm not sure when the fire was, the buildings were still there in 1989 and gone by 2010.

Just for the record, I think the circumstantial case against DR is strong. IMO, he is responsible in some way.

The thing that baffles me though is that LE didn't recover any mementos beyond the file with Jacob news clippings and the letter from Patty. DR has stated that he is a "pack rat" and that he keeps "everything". It seems reasonable that if DR were responsible, he would have kept some sort of memento from that night. However, it is probable that he disposed of everything upon being named a POI.

Mementos could be kept at a secret location.

I think they were storage sheds of some sort. If you see the first picture at this link, you can see the two burned out looking rectangles in the center where the sheds used to stand.

http://www.immelman.us/news/jacob-wetterling-rassier-search/

I'm not sure when the fire was, the buildings were still there in 1989 and gone by 2010.

Interesting that one of the burnt storage sheds stood right in the middle of the driveway where Jacob was abducted.

Interesting that one of the burnt storage sheds stood right in the middle of the driveway where Jacob was abducted.

The buildings were right next to each other, Marlins, out in that grass area, and are both to the right of the driveway. The building with the brown roof is the house. But yes, they were probably the closest buildings to the driveway.

You'd think LE would have searched any buildings that night, but since they were focused on a car taking Jacob (because DR said there was a car in his driveway) they just didn't bother, I guess. There were a lot of mistakes made early on in this investigation.

The buildings were right next to each other, Marlins, out in that grass area, and are both to the right of the driveway. The building with the brown roof is the house. But yes, they were probably the closest buildings to the driveway.

You'd think LE would have searched any buildings that night, but since they were focused on a car taking Jacob (because DR said there was a car in his driveway) they just didn't bother, I guess. There were a lot of mistakes made early on in this investigation.
On the night of Jacob's disappearance, Dan told LE that he had checked his outer buildings. He wasn't a suspect at that time, so they didn't "recheck" Dan's buildings at that time.

Did a rural fire department respond to either of Dan's fires? If so, has anyone looked at their records to see the cause of these blazes?

Dan Rassier admits he is a packrat. Does Dan Rassier have obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) like the diagnosed packrats on the television show Hoarders?

In this study published in American Journal of Forensic Psychology, Volume 28, Issue 3, 2010 / 9, avoidant personality disorder and OCD were the personality disorders with the highest prevalence among rapists and child molesters.
http://www.uccs.edu/Documents/fcoolidg/francia.pdf

If there had been inappropriate activity on the part or Rassier, don't you think the students here would let their parents know right away. Living in this area, Jacob Wetterling's disappearance is still huge. There has been a lot of discussion and education of the kids surrounding these issues.

As an aside to this, perhaps because they KNOW a person, they would tend to trust them more too, especially a teacher. Such an unsettling situation.

If there had been inappropriate activity on the part or Rassier, don't you think the students here would let their parents know right away. Living in this area, Jacob Wetterling's disappearance is still huge. There has been a lot of discussion and education of the kids surrounding these issues.

As an aside to this, perhaps because they KNOW a person, they would tend to trust them more too, especially a teacher. Such an unsettling situation.

One would think so. But people who work with children are being exposed everyday as molestors.

Even older ones where there has been no report of any issues ever.

Pensfan listed the type of molestor that does it one time, maybe because of stress.

bbm
No, this has been, sadly, proven over and over in national child molestation cases and university studies. Many children do not tell anyone that an adult in power is sexually abusing them. Shame, fear of retaliation, and the fear that they will be blamed or not believed keep victims from telling anyone. Other victims are so starved for adult attention or monetary gifts that they will accept abuse from an adult who pretends to care for them. As an example, Sandusky's victims took years to talk about what he did to them and some only did this after the district attorney sought them out from lists of children from which Sandusky had associated.

Dan Rassier is in a different position than most adult pedophiles because he still resides with his "authority figures" (his parents). He may have a much shorter list of victims than someone like Sandusky who began a foundation allowing him access to numerous susceptible children. Because Dan lives with his parents, he does not have a completely private area which he can easily molest his groomed victims.

He might only be a situational child molester who will force sex upon the elderly, children, or the mentally challenged when opportunity occurs.
http://www1.csbsju.edu/uspp/CrimPsych/CPSG-6.htm

On the night of Jacob's disappearance, Dan told LE that he had checked his outer buildings. He wasn't a suspect at that time, so they didn't "recheck" Dan's buildings at that time.

Did a rural fire department respond to either of Dan's fires? If so, has anyone looked at their records to see the cause of these blazes?

I vaguely recall Julie asking DR about the fires in one of the TV interviews and him sort of brushing it off as "just some old sheds, unknown origin" - but I'd have to look through those interviews again to find it. I'm not sure if rural fire depts. keep records or let anyone see them if they do, but one would THINK LE would have checked this out. We could maybe try googling "fire at Rassier farm" for info?

I was thinking about Jared.

The perp asked Jared if Jared recognized him.

So, there was potential of recognition.

But why was the perp not concerned that Jared may recognize him at a later time?

Perhaps the perp was leaving the area forever to move far away?

I was thinking about Jared.

The perp asked Jared if Jared recognized him.

So, there was potential of recognition.

But why was the perp not concerned that Jared may recognize him at a later time?

Perhaps the perp was leaving the area forever to move far away?

It's an odd question to ask on the part of the perp, don't you think? Suggests to me that there might be reason to be recognized (perhaps a local person, like a grade school teacher for example).

If the perp that abducted Jared and Jacob were one in the same...seems that the perp learned from his first mistake, hence the mask worn during Jacob's abduction.

It is mind boggling to me that LE did not comb every square inch of DR's farm and buildings.

If it were me, I would insist that LE search my property, for fear that the perp was still in the area.

I read somewhere that a perp is not interested because they already know the answer, being the perp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho