MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think DR saw the boys ride past his house on their way to the Tom Thumb, realized his window of opportunity with his parents being away, and positioned himself for the abduction upon their return ride home.

If this is what happened it's likely then that DR would have been down near the road, or between the house and the road, when they went by the first time, as it would be very difficult for DR to see anyone on the road from the house. A wide band of trees block the view to the road - the house cannot even be seen from the road. Remember that Aaron said he heard a "noise that shouldn't be there" in the field across from DR's driveway.

It's plausible that he saw the kids bike by upon returning from his evening run.

It's plausible that he saw the kids bike by upon returning from his evening run.

Maybe DR saw the kids approaching from afar and hid in the ditch and waited. He may have changed his mind while waiting in the ditch, thinking that the other kids would report to LE that the perpetrator was wearing running gear. So, he went back to the house and changed his clothing to all black, put nylon over his face, and waited for the kids to return.

Here is more info coming about sex abuse priests in Milwaukee. I wonder if there is anything in those documents that will,shed any light on St. Joe and possible connections?

These priest scandals are unbelievable

http://www.fdlreporter.com/viewart/...ictims-await-Milwaukee-clergy-sex-abuse-files

It's just disgusting and unbelievable what we are finding out about priests, and not just at St. John's. I noticed one of the priests mentioned in this article lives in Mayville, WI - I was just there for work for a couple of days last week. It seemed like a nice little country town - just hard to fathom how pervasive this abuse problem is!

LE it seems has focused on DR with the amount of circumstantial evidence and odd statements over the years. DR has never been charged, and we know that the lack of physical evidence in the case is certainly one factor in that - but you have to wonder if the proximity to St John's, whose reputation for harboring known pedophiles, presents a factor when it comes to raising reasonable doubt.

Or, since the family is really into the church, was a special friend visiting that night?

Hi guys- I haven't posted in a while but have been lurking and trying to keep up. I just posted over in the Elizabeth Collins/ Lyric Cook forum- wondering about similarities in these cases- it's about 4 1/2 hours from St. Joe down to Evansdale, which seems like a distance that would feel "safe" for a perp to not be linked. There are other cases of missing kids in and around MN, IA, WI etc that could also be looked at.

I know there is a suspect in the Elizabeth Collins/Lyric Cook case but you do have to wonder if the Wetterling perp has any connection to any of these other missing kids/teens in a 3-5 or 6 hour drive.

Just a thought. Also the fact that the girls were on bikes...

Anything is possible, but the area is not exactly a well travelled road.

9 PM on a Sunday night. Odd time.

There are so many kooks out there

Anything is possible, but the area is not exactly a well travelled road.

9 PM on a Sunday night. Odd time.

There are so many kooks out there

I agree- I am wondering if that person, the suspect in the Wetterling case, could be traveling outside of St. Joe and finding more victims. It's alarming to think that the person who did this is probably still in the area. If it is DR, would it be so odd to think that he would want to travel a few hours to find victims?

He does travel a lot with running, but I am sure LE has looked at any of those cities .

I think with working and training for running, he would not have a lot of free time.

But, I know nothing about serial killers.

I think if he did it, it was more of a one time thing. Pensfan linked some info on that.

I feel badly about thinking it might be him, but the naming of POI is big to me as well as the saving of articles when it appeared in the beginning he just could not be bothered.

I have heard rumors of an incinerator at the Rassier farmstead. Is this true?

It was the wood burning furnace that heated the farm where one of the excavations took place. They took ash.

There is more info on here about it somewhere.

"Jacob Wetterling never had a chance of being found based on what I observed law enforcement doing," Rassier told FOX

-But you were asleep!!!!

Interesting comment, Marlins!

And he would know because why?

How did he know what LE was doing?

Or was it because he knew exactly what happened and LE was not even close.

Very strange comment from DR.

I remember reading these and the comment under one from the person saying they have information and to call them. I wonder if LE follows the comments under articles about DR and JW- I do and I think DR constantly reads and posts on many different sites and under articles about the case. Just a hunch.

I also agree that it could be a one (or two- Jared?) time thing and DR feels as though he made a mistake, but has convinced himself that he's 's not a bad person and now his life's mission has become to clear his name via the internet. The interviews didn't work out so well.

I'm not sure what to think about the Joy Brown business, but it seems odd- and the people that comment in favor of DR, or along the lines of "finally someone is on the right path and maybe the case will be solved soon!" on her blog are interesting. I come across very few people elsewhere who believe that someone else could have committed this crime.

Here is a link to the Fox video report about DR's letter to MN state agencies in 2012. Hadn't seen this particular story before - nothing new here but may be of interest to newcomers.

http://wrbw.membercenter.worldnow.c...terest-tries-to-clear-name-with-5-page-letter

I am quite stunned about his comment about LE not finding Jacob because of what he observed LE doing. Arrogant, no?

What would he know? He was working, so he did not see anything LE did during the day. And he sure did not have an inside scoop to what LE was doing, did he?

So, he knows waaay more for some reason

I have heard rumors of an incinerator at the Rassier farmstead. Is this true?

there is an incinerator on the campus at St John's university. It was reported by a townsperson that it was used on an off day when Josh Guimond disappeared from the campus in 2002.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744