MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys- I haven't posted in a while but have been lurking and trying to keep up. I just posted over in the Elizabeth Collins/ Lyric Cook forum- wondering about similarities in these cases- it's about 4 1/2 hours from St. Joe down to Evansdale, which seems like a distance that would feel "safe" for a perp to not be linked. There are other cases of missing kids in and around MN, IA, WI etc that could also be looked at.

I know there is a suspect in the Elizabeth Collins/Lyric Cook case but you do have to wonder if the Wetterling perp has any connection to any of these other missing kids/teens in a 3-5 or 6 hour drive.

Just a thought. Also the fact that the girls were on bikes...

Interesting thought here, but I believe the person that kidnapped those girls committed suicide a few weeks ago after kidnapping another pair of teenage girls in Iowa. Apparently he had been out of prison for a short while, had been in for kidnapping more than 20 years ago.

I read about how Tim Miller's search and rescue group was recently "victimized", so I decided to read about the number one suspect in Tim's daughter's murder. There are some very creepy similarities between the number one suspect in Laura Miller's murder and Dan Rassier. According to the FBi (read more in the below article) sexual killers share certain characteristics. Here are two examples:

This was Dan's EXACT response!
“The only thing that Bittner found justifying the search warrant was a collection of newspaper articles found about the investigation into the League City murders and one long Houston Chronicle story detailing the life of a serial killer. Abel told the police he had started keeping those articles because he was interested in their investigation. “Why wouldn’t I" he asked me.

This number one suspect kept a box of (trophy) articles like Dan, too!
Abel loaned me a box of legal documents about the case and about himself. At the bottom of the box I saw a small photo album with the words “Robert Abel” printed on the cover. Inside were a series of photos of the places where each body had been found. My throat suddenly went dry: Was I looking at a serial killer’s scrapbook?
http://www.texasmonthly.com/content/robe...r/page/0/4

There sure are a lot of unsolved cases in that Stearns County! Jacob, Jared, Joshua.....

A police officer in Cold Springs was murdered last winter, right in front of a fellow officer. Police officer killings are almost always solved rapidly, leave it to Stearns County to break the pattern.

Dont forget about the reker girls..

KSTP.com has learned investigators did recover clothing articles and animal bones in the dirt and ash taken from the farm. Some of those items were sent to the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension lab for testing.
Sources have confirmed to KSTP.com, during this summers two day search, investigators did not have a search warrant for the farm house, but rather just for the outbuildings and property. However, during that first day of the search investigators found enough evidence to go back to a judge and get a warrant for the farm house itself.*
The K-9 searching the Rassier farm was flown to St. Joseph from Louisiana. The K-9 works very closely with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
http://washington.kstp.com/news/new...nal-assigned-daniel-rassier-removed-classroom

From the above article, a tracking or cadaver dog must have hit on the Rassier's property. The dog hit on something in the Rassier barn/property which allowed them to get search warrant for the house.

How big was the trunk found in Rassier's barn which was taken by law enforcement? Big enough for a little boy?

What caused someone on the Rassier farm to burn animals?

If this is what happened it's likely then that DR would have been down near the road, or between the house and the road, when they went by the first time, as it would be very difficult for DR to see anyone on the road from the house. A wide band of trees block the view to the road - the house cannot even be seen from the road. Remember that Aaron said he heard a "noise that shouldn't be there" in the field across from DR's driveway.

I'm sorry, but that's not true. See the photo. Dan could see the boys leaving Jacob's house and headed towards his home. In addition, most of the leaves would have fallen by the end of Oct and wouldn't have occluded Dan's vision.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-27 at 12.12.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-06-27 at 12.12.34 AM.png
    335.5 KB · Views: 21
These trees near Dan's house are deciduous trees that drop their leaves in Fall. Trees without leaves didn't block the view of the road from Dan's house.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-27 at 12.18.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-06-27 at 12.18.51 AM.png
    211.7 KB · Views: 25
What caused someone on the Rassier farm to burn animals?

I cannot think of any reasonable explanation for the burned animal remains found on the rassier farm. Seems very odd and creepy! I assume that the animals were burned in the wood furnance?

It was the wood burning furnace that heated the farm where one of the excavations took place. They took ash.

There is more info on here about it somewhere.

It was actually an outside burning pit, I think. They dumped ash from their home there, plus the odd animal (raccoons, skunks) and other trash and burned it all outside in this pit. There are pics from overhead of when they were digging in the burn pit.

This part caught my attention.. "However, during that first day of the search investigators found enough evidence to go back to a judge and get a warrant for the farm house itself." That warrant was sealed though, so no way of knowing what it was they found.
What can concerned citizens do in Minnesota when they want to have a search warrant unsealed? Dan Rassier forces kids that miss band practice to have a private practice ALONE with him. That's incredibly concerning. What other male teacher requires "private time" with children at this time and age? I'm shocked that the band parents, school board, school principal, school superintendent, and school district's attorney haven't flipped out. Do they not know about Dan's "private time" policy? Someone should notify them. This reeks of Jerry Sandusky, IMO.
http://www.csbsju.edu/Documents/Music/Symphonic Band/Symphonic Band.pdf

Living n the country, we have the occasional animal that needs to be disposed of. We just throw it in the woods, and we have way less property than DR.

If you are going to burn, you have to have things to burn. What are the chances you enough stuff to burn at the same time as you have a raccoon, for instance. And, the stink of burning flesh. Why???????

What can concerned citizens do in Minnesota when they want to have a search warrant unsealed? Dan Rassier forces kids that miss band practice to have a private practice ALONE with him. That's incredibly concerning. What other male teacher requires "private time" with children at this time and age? I'm shocked that the band parents, school board, school principal, school superintendent, and school district's attorney haven't flipped out. Do they not know about Dan's "private time" policy? Someone should notify them. This reeks of Jerry Sandusky, IMO.

I can't believe they would still let him do that- a couple of years ago when they started digging at the Rassier farm again, I know there were a lot of concerns from parents. Here is a group of articles: http://http://www.immelman.us/news/dan-rassier-teaching-concerns/

I always thought this was an odd quote-

Budget reductions have trimmed Rassier’s teaching assignment to teaching music half-time at St. Boniface and teaching band half-time at Rocori’s three elementary schools, St. Boniface and Sts. Peter and Paul Elementary School in Richmond.

He said the reductions to Rocori’s music program is a bigger concern than the spotlight that has been cast on him this summer.

“The kids are going to be hurt by the cuts. The whole issue of who is teaching the music class, in the end, the kids have lost no matter what I turn out to be,” Rassier said.

I can't believe they would still let him do that- a couple of years ago when they started digging at the Rassier farm again, I know there were a lot of concerns from parents. Here is a group of articles: http://http://www.immelman.us/news/dan-rassier-teaching-concerns/

I always thought this was an odd quote-

Budget reductions have trimmed Rassier’s teaching assignment to teaching music half-time at St. Boniface and teaching band half-time at Rocori’s three elementary schools, St. Boniface and Sts. Peter and Paul Elementary School in Richmond.

He said the reductions to Rocori’s music program is a bigger concern than the spotlight that has been cast on him this summer.

“The kids are going to be hurt by the cuts. The whole issue of who is teaching the music class, in the end, the kids have lost no matter what I turn out to be,” Rassier said.

"....no matter what I turn out to be," Rassier said.

:eek: Where's the denial?

These trees near Dan's house are deciduous trees that drop their leaves in Fall. Trees without leaves didn't block the view of the road from Dan's house.

I agree this was possible back in 1989. Today there is so much undergrowth, and it's so thick that it would be very difficult to see through until nearly all the leaves had fallen. Around mid-Nov around here is when the leaves really get to falling off. Again, this could have been different back in 1989 when the fall periods seemed cooler than they are today.

Is this from a children's school, or is it from the college? It looks like it's directed to college students (adults, not children). I could be wrong though - did it come from the Ricori school site?

Is this from a children's school, or is it from the college? It looks like it's directed to college students (adults, not children). I could be wrong though - did it come from the Ricori school site?

The link says CSB/SJU which is St. Ben's college and St. John's college. However, St. John's also has a prep school where DR taught band, and that is on the SJU campus. So those would be younger students. Probably all male back in 1989, although girls can take classes at SJU now.

I find it rather stringent rules though, even for college students. And it also seems odd how many times DR's name is repeated throughout - like these are his personal rules and not the school rules. Could be just part of his OCD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CROOKED_RIVER