MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the art student have been cleared because he had an alibi?

Yes. The art student was there in the days before the abduction, not during it. I'm sure all these old car sightings have been cleared over the years, or they would still be being mentioned in updates from the sheriff's office and Patty Wetterling. There has only been one consistent POI.

I thought this "evidence" was underwhelming.

....but after 23+ years it's good to keep turning over all the stones. I've researched this case quite a lot and hadn't come across this info before. To me it suggests a possibility that I've always had in the back of my mind, that the abduction was cult related. Surprising there has been little discussion of that on WS.

Cult related? Yes, it has been discussed. Many references have been made to the Bush presidency and other theories.

Is the cult meeting at DR's and waiting in his driveway for exactly what on a Sunday night?

Or is the cult the pervert priests at St. John's?

....but after 23+ years it's good to keep turning over all the stones. I've researched this case quite a lot and hadn't come across this info before. To me it suggests a possibility that I've always had in the back of my mind, that the abduction was cult related. Surprising there has been little discussion of that on WS.

There has been some discussion over the years about cults - one site often linked to was the (very strange, IMO) site called godlike productions. If you go there and search for Jacob Wetterling, there are several pages of people (mostly posting as "anonymous") who are discussing cults, illuminati, smiley face killers, alchemy, etc. in relation to Jacob. None of it ever seemed real probable, I guess, so it is usually dropped for the more likely scenarios of some local abducting Jacob.

I agree it never hurts to look at old theories again, although some of it - such as the Bahner brothers - has since been disproved by LE and seems more of a distraction at this point.

Praying for this sweet boy... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5ehOftyDPY

There has been some discussion over the years about cults - one site often linked to was the (very strange, IMO) site called godlike productions. If you go there and search for Jacob Wetterling, there are several pages of people (mostly posting as "anonymous") who are discussing cults, illuminati, smiley face killers, alchemy, etc. in relation to Jacob. None of it ever seemed real probable, I guess, so it is usually dropped for the more likely scenarios of some local abducting Jacob.

I agree it never hurts to look at old theories again, although some of it - such as the Bahner brothers - has since been disproved by LE and seems more of a distraction at this point.

Praying for this sweet boy... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5ehOftyDPY

Ah yes, that's the video that has portions of the 911 audio from the Wetterling's house. Thanks for posting this!

Just a quick observation. I seem to recall that in a recent sit down Interview with Kare 11 (or was it Fox??) DR stated that the operator told him that his call to local police concerning the woodpile seemed awfully suspicious. Also, he stated that the operator seemed to question his attentions/motives and all but accused him of abducting Jacob.”

My impression from the news report was that LE later told DR that he sounded really nervous during his 911 call. This was likely after 2004 when Kevin came forward. Unfortunately they did not save the call, so only the 911 operator knows for sure what DR said or what his demeanor was. I don't recall reading anything about the operator questioning his motives - again, I believe that was the media and LE asking those questions.

Yes, you are right. Upon re watching the interview it is apparent that DR was referring to the LE suspicion, not the operators suspicion. Sure wish LE still had the recording.

I cannot get it to load. Says "error"

Try this: Go to youtube.com, and enter The Jacob Wetterling Story, the first video that pops up should be from "Speak 4 Those Who Can't" That's the one referenced here.

Maybe you would have to go to the school.

So, I located Rocori High Schools phone number. I want to call and see if there is any record of the 1989 Parent Teacher Conferences, but dont know how to go about asking? Should I ask directly for the records, or should I make up some story about why I need the records? Any suggestions?

That i s a tough one. If the secretary is the same, she would know all. Where the records are and how to get to them quickly. She may be curious, but I think it would not be a big deal.

A new secretary may not know where the records are and may ask more questions.

Anyway, I have no advice.

So, I located Rocori High Schools phone number. I want to call and see if there is any record of the 1989 Parent Teacher Conferences, but dont know how to go about asking? Should I ask directly for the records, or should I make up some story about why I need the records? Any suggestions?

Just curious - why do you feel this is important? DR said he had to work the next day, and that's where LE found him. Are you just wondering if he was really scheduled or required to work?

I think it is a good question as he said he was so tired.

If he could go in at anytime or it was an easy day because of conferences, that would really make me wonder why a young, physically fit person had to go to bed when a child has been kidnapped off of his property.

I wonder anyway. But it would be even stranger

In my opinion, if DR had Parent Teacher Conferences the next day that would definitely make his situation strange/curious. If he didn't have to wake up early for class, he had ample time the night before to clean up his tracks.

Very curious that DRs parents were out of town- he had no alibis for the night- AND he had an easy day of work (possibly starting at 4:00) the next day. Putting all these fats together makes DR just a little more suspicious.

Rassier's parents rarely left him alone in their home. The week Jacob disappeared was his parents' first trip out of the USA. What did Rassier do during his only week of complete freedom from his parents?

bbm
<modsnip>

According to Kenneth V. Lanning in 1992, Supervisory Special Agent Behavioral Science Unit National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime at the FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia, belief that ritualistic cults abused or killed children in the USA were completely unfounded. !2,000 cases of alleged cult ritual child abuse/murders were studied. NO evidence was located to support the claims.

Many of the &#8220;victims&#8221; of ritualistic cult abuse in the USA were previously diagnosed as psychiatrically ill. Other "victims of cult abuse" were actually victims of their incompetent psychologists. These psychologist goofs used psychological examination techniques on patients that lead to the development of False Memory Syndrome. (This is a disorder where false memories are essentially implanted into the minds of patients by their incompetent therapists.)

Kenneth V. Lanning, "Investigator's Guide to Allegations of 'Ritual' Child Abuse", Behavioral Science Unit, National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime, Federal Bureau of Investigation, FBI Academy, Quantico, Virginia 22135 (1992)

Rassier's parents rarely left him alone in their home. The week Jacob disappeared was his parents' first trip out of the USA. What did Rassier do during his only week of complete freedom from his parents?

I wonder if there was a reason the parents rarely left DR home alone.

But with Jacob's case, it would be impossible to know the parents would be gone.

Remember, no cell phones back then.

I think DR saw the boys ride past his house on their way to the Tom Thumb, realized his window of opportunity with his parents being away, and positioned himself for the abduction upon their return ride home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member