MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Meemken went to high school at Sartell HS in MN. Can we get ahold of a HS yearbook or microfiche of senior photos? Am I right that he would have been 19 in 1989?

There are various photos of how Meemken looked when he was younger in the video on this link:
http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=872315

Yes, he would have been 19 in 1989. In the 2010 article, they stated Meemken had worked for the Stearns County Sheriff Dept. for 18 years, which means he didn't even start there until 1992. So I don't feel he's a strong possibility - at least not for Jacob.

I think one of the problems you run into with an artist's sketch is that so many people look like the drawing. Some have the eyes, some the ears, several have that downturned mouth, and if you sort of want it to be that person, you see it.

I know LE looked at sex offenders. At the time, there were 7000 known in MN.

The registration came about because of the difficulty they had in getting the info all in one place.

I am sure people in the area knew about the Bahners and were more than willing to call them in.

Who knows, though,

Kevin had been silent for years.

Although I am sure the tapes and Bahners have been reported.

If nothing else, for you to have your own confirmation, call the number for information on this case, and tell LE what you are aware of. Then you will know for sure it has been reported.

They will not tell you a thing, however,

Found this on Blink On Crime regarding Vernon C. Seitz. Check out the comments from a woman named Shelly who says she saw Jacob a few weeks after the abduction with a man in a blue 70's station wagon. She linked a photo of him from his obit but it is his high school photo. She remembered his face but could not verify without a more recent photo. The Wetterlings had met this man after the abduction. When he died, the police found a plethora of disgusting pedo paraphenilia which I'm not going to list but some of which pertained to Jacob.

Vernon C. Seitz obit

Attachments

• Vernon C. Seitz Obit.pdf
    812.7 KB · Views: 39
He has been discussed on here many times.

He lived over 6 hours by car . Milwaukee area to St. Joe. Not sure what the highway was back in those days.

It is odd that LE did not see issues with the things they found.

It is hard to believe that he would drive all of those hours to sit in the middle of nowhere, though.

I cannot imagine how he could be friends with DR.

CGorg. Did you try getting a hold of Diane to see why in the world she would not reveal a name in this case???????

Vernon C. Seitz obit

Thanks, cGorg, we've discussed him a lot, but I had never seen this photo of him before. He resembles the sketch some also. He definitely tried to involve himself in the case, came and visited Patty W. and had lots of memorabilia including a video of Jacob from before he was taken.

Just with what they found in his home otherwise, it's strange that LE didn't look into him more. Creepy guy for sure.

There is a site here with a couple people posting "Psychic info" and one of them feels that Jacob would be found at these coordinates:
44.189051,-90.68347 - which is in Wisconsin. Not sure this is at all credible, or if it's just someone pretending to have psychic abilities. They go on to say these coordinates are in woods between St. Joe and where Seitz lived.

http://psychiccrimefighter.com/foru...ng-missing-10-22-1989-saint-joseph-minnesota/

Hi everyone,
I put DAH back on my suspect list. One of the articles says his crimes happened in Kandioyi county. I looked on a map yesterday and Kandiyohi is right next to Stearns county. St Joseph is in Stearns county.
I too looked at Vernon as a possibility. If the police department didn't do any dna testing on the locks of hair or baby shoes found in his house, that would be shameful.

Interesting info from the psychic, shergal. The coordinates list a point on highway 94 in between Northfield WI and Tomah WI near Blair WI and near the Deer Island State Natural area. I wonder how she can see coordinates? Crazy stuff.
Crazy idea throwing out there- what if the older pedophiles were a part of a club or group who shared pictures and stories. Not pleasant to think about, but there are online groups who do this stuff to brag.

St Francis is right out of Milwaukee. It's plausible that Seitz could have taken him, but what would he be doing in St Joseph? Does he have any connections there?

He has been discussed on here many times.

He lived over 6 hours by car . Milwaukee area to St. Joe. Not sure what the highway was back in those days.

It is odd that LE did not see issues with the things they found.

It is hard to believe that he would drive all of those hours to sit in the middle of nowhere, though.

I cannot imagine how he could be friends with DR.

CGorg. Did you try getting a hold of Diane to see why in the world she would not reveal a name in this case???????

human...i know he's old news. i was searching for a picture of him and could not find one then stumbled on the Blink On Crime site. I found it odd that no recent picture could be had. the items found in his basement are truly frightening...what kind of person keeps that stuff other than a demented pedo? and why aren't these items ONE BIG RED FLAG for LE?

also...regarding the coordinates by the psychic...I'll have to check again but I think someone on the Blink On Crime site made a reference to a place in the woods between Seitz's house and another known pedo's farm.

here's a thought..just a thought: could it be that someone like Seitz himself or in conjunction with others planned the abduction then sold Jacob for cash? Seitz could be the middleman. I think of the newspaper account tagged in Joy's blog of those suspicious cars being noticed by residents in the weeks + days before the abduction. Why would they be 'hovering' except to scope out the scene? And why would the perp ask the ages of the boys other than to 'fulfill the order'?

as for Diane....I had thought of calling her but am nobody to her...why would she give a stranger the name of Lou? That would be great if she would. I could certainly try. And speaking of Lou...I had a theory that Phil Meemken's dad or uncle or brother may be named Lou....I found nothing on that. Just thought it worth a try. Hoever, Meemken had an uncle that was a priest at St.Johns.

human...regarding the tapes...i know you think they are fake. But upon closely listening to them: could the voice inflections, the pauses, the sentence structures, the general fumble + tumble of the dialogue be scripted and then performed? To my ears they could not be. Just my humble opinion.

one last comment...the only 'gravelly voice that sounds like he had a cold' guy to my ears is MB. Assuming that's him on the tapes. DR sounds like he has a cold too but he also has a lisp....could he hide that?

I hesitate to post this because I know many people are very skeptical of psychics, etc. and we can't consider any of it fact. But as long as the topic (sort of) came up in this thread, I thought I'd share this website. The site owner does tarot readings for missing children/people and she did one for Jacob. It's a bit long but it is an interesting read, if you want to take the time.

http://empathysinsights.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/jacob-erwin-wetterling.html

here's a thought..just a thought: could it be that someone like Seitz himself or in conjunction with others planned the abduction then sold Jacob for cash? Seitz could be the middleman. I think of the newspaper account tagged in Joy's blog of those suspicious cars being noticed by residents in the weeks + days before the abduction. Why would they be 'hovering' except to scope out the scene? And why would the perp ask the ages of the boys other than to 'fulfill the order'?

Not sure about the logic of this because two of the boys were the same age. I've got no other theory about why he questioned their ages though, so I don't know.

one last comment...the only 'gravelly voice that sounds like he had a cold' guy to my ears is MB. Assuming that's him on the tapes. DR sounds like he has a cold too but he also has a lisp....could he hide that?

No, I don't think you can turn a lisp on and off at will, its like a stammer its not something you can just hide if you have it.

human...i know he's old news. i was searching for a picture of him and could not find one then stumbled on the Blink On Crime site. I found it odd that no recent picture could be had. the items found in his basement are truly frightening...what kind of person keeps that stuff other than a demented pedo? and why aren't these items ONE BIG RED FLAG for LE?

also...regarding the coordinates by the psychic...I'll have to check again but I think someone on the Blink On Crime site made a reference to a place in the woods between Seitz's house and another known pedo's farm.

as for Diane....I had thought of calling her but am nobody to her...why would she give a stranger the name of Lou? That would be great if she would. I could certainly try. And speaking of Lou...I had a theory that Phil Meemken's dad or uncle or brother may be named Lou....I found nothing on that. Just thought it worth a try. Hoever, Meemken had an uncle that was a priest at St.Johns.

human...regarding the tapes...i know you think they are fake. But upon closely listening to them: could the voice inflections, the pauses, the sentence structures, the general fumble + tumble of the dialogue be scripted and then performed? To my ears they could not be. Just my humble opinion.

I don't mean fake in terms of not real, I mean some crazies that insert themselves into missing children's cases. We see that all of the time now. they make up stuff for whatever reasons they have. Kind of like the guy who confessed to JonBenet's killing. I forget his name.

The priest connection is interesting.

One thing to remember is that Jacob's family is an intact family. Involved parents. And they lived in a cul de sac with a very few houses--3 to five other ones. And they had a dog.

There are so many children that are at risk. They are the prime target for pervs. Grooming and watching him would be so silly when there are plenty of kids out there like the runaways and throwaways.

DR is a music teacher. He has so many skills in using voice and breath because o f being a musician. Look up on his FB ALL of the things he lists that he has been into. He is an expert in voice

Not sure about the logic of this because two of the boys were the same age. I've got no other theory about why he questioned their ages though, so I don't know.

No, I don't think you can turn a lisp on and off at will, its like a stammer its not something you can just hide if you have it.

There are many people you would be surprised that have a stammer. Mel Tillis is one.

People can sing because it is felt different parts of the brain control singing and speaking. There is more to it as well.

People who are experts in voice can do a lot

Sorry, but you cannot turn a speech impediment on and off at will. Anyone who was enough of a "voice expert" that they could control a lisp simply wouldn't have one. Either DR's lisp is fake, or its involuntary.

St Francis is right out of Milwaukee. It's plausible that Seitz could have taken him, but what would he be doing in St Joseph? Does he have any connections there?

Yes, are there connections? The church, perhaps.

It is a 6 hour drive, though, today.

I am not sure what the conditions were then as far as driving, Was the highway the same? Don't know myself

Sorry, but you cannot turn a speech impediment on and off at will. Anyone who was enough of a "voice expert" that they could control a lisp simply wouldn't have one. Either DR's lisp is fake, or its involuntary.

I do not mean to sound snarky, but my daughter has a degree in speech therapy. I have also taken a couple of courses on speech and voice disorders,

If you are interested, you may wish to look into this topic further.

Lisping is how one places the tongue in the mouth and obviously, his parents did not provide him with speech therapy so he developed the tongue habit,

Habits are hard to break. Lisping is not a disorder like apraxia or aphasia.

"Habits are hard to break." - Quite. That was my point - someone with a lisp cannot just decide to turn it off one night to go out and commit a crime, then turn it back on again. So either DR is faking his lisp, or its not something he could disguise without an awful lot of practice.

Here is something that is really interesting. Never thought much about lisping as it is something that is much easier to deal with than language disorders,

Anyway, bed wetting may be associated with it.

Hm. Bed wetting is also associated with sexual abuse. HM HM HM

http://www.healthofchildren.com/L/Lisping.html

Talk about a reach!! Sheesh, there's no solid link between lisping and bed wetting, and no evidence that DR was a bed wetter, and no solid link between bed wetting and sexual abuse either.

More's to the point, the man who abducted Jacob did not have a lisp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WomanKeepGoneAstray