MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that was already discussed in earlier threads. Apparently, Lou Rassier is not the 'Lou' of the Bahner tapes. Not saying it couldn't be true, just that some poster earlier made reference to it and another discounted the connection. May have to search for that dialogue. It would open up a whole 'nother' world though if there was a connection.

I do not recall that conversation. Why not? What evidence was provided for that?

Wisdom, just wondering.....did you read all of the comments posted at the end of the article?(I say 'article' as the interview is also transcribed) And if so, what do you think? Some strange comments IMHO.

What do you feel are strange comments?

I do not recall that conversation. Why not? What evidence was provided for that?

As I said, I would have to go back through the threads but I remember DM + the tapes being discussed and one of the posters said they were going to call DM. Apparently, DM stated that 'Lou' was not Lou Rassier but would not give a last name.

What do you feel are strange comments?

I thought the person named 'Boots' had some inaccuracies in his comments. His method of questioning was strange to me. Then there was a poster named Ryan Larson who said he lived 2 blocks from the abduction site and was Jacob's age. These 2 exchanged comments. Towards the end of the comment section, another poster directed some strange comments to Ryan Larson......you'll have to read them. My question to Wisdom was meant to elicit his response for the comments made as he already stated his opinion on the video of DR.

I thought the person named 'Boots' had some inaccuracies in his comments. His method of questioning was strange to me. Then there was a poster named Ryan Larson who said he lived 2 blocks from the abduction site and was Jacob's age. These 2 exchanged comments. Towards the end of the comment section, another poster directed some strange comments to Ryan Larson......you'll have to read them. My question to Wisdom was meant to elicit his response for the comments made as he already stated his opinion on the video of DR.

Wasn't one of the boys that JW was with that night, Aaron Larson? Is RL his brother? Or related to him somehow?

Agreed. Boots was a loose cannon making several unfounded and unprofessional statements, IMHO. They actually made some outright slanderous comments (again, IMHO) that the moderators removed from the site. I watched that page quite closely after the story ran. It appears that Boots was "booted" from the comments section, and then started commenting under different names.

The Ryan Larson in that story may or may not be related to Aaron - but not his brother. RL was and is a person of interested in the murder of the police officer Tom Decker in Cold Spring, MN. He remains a person of interest (or has yet to be cleared) even though the apparent shooter hung himself while being pursued by LE.

Lou? The mysterious Lou of the Bahner tapes??????????

No I don't think so. I do think that Louis Rassier does look like the Jared sketches, but I don't believe this was the Lou that is mentioned in the Bahner tapes. I hope we'll find out more about Lou next month when the website launches.

Agreed. Boots was a loose cannon making several unfounded and unprofessional statements, IMHO. They actually made some outright slanderous comments (again, IMHO) that the moderators removed from the site. I watched that page quite closely after the story ran. It appears that Boots was "booted" from the comments section, and then started commenting under different names.

The Ryan Larson in that story may or may not be related to Aaron - but not his brother. RL was and is a person of interested in the murder of the police officer Tom Decker in Cold Spring, MN. He remains a person of interest (or has yet to be cleared) even though the apparent shooter hung himself while being pursued by LE.

Ryan Larson was cleared back in August and said he was relieved to finally be cleared. (He does have a record locally for various offenses, so IMO, that's why LE took their time clearing him.) They wanted to be sure he wasn't acting with the suspect who killed himself.
http://www.bringmethenews.com/2013/08/07/ryan-larson-cleared-in-cold-spring-officers-death/

I am so confused. Ryan says he lived 2 blocks away. Now where could that be?

Ryan lived at so e time in Plesant Acres. That is not by the abduction area whatsover.

I loved Boots' comments! Boots did not mind getting right to the crux of the matter. Excellent!

Page 14:

What I see is a set of tire tracks with some prints in front of them. Are these the best shot of the foot prints available?

Hard to tell..if they are prints, they are overlapping and have the dirt pushed up in front of them at the toe. This would be a shuffle step as if you are struggling with someone and were working towards the door on the car. Flat foot for control and having to slide the feet forward so as not to go off balance in the struggle. If they were Jacobs prints and he was fighting back, you would see heel prints in on an angle where he tried to dig in and push back.

If I had the POI's shoes from that time and good photographs, I could nail it down one way or the other.

I believe Boots is retired LE?

I agree. I do believe that the police really did an extensive search for Jacob. I just can't believe how quickly it happened. IMO he probably did have a car, just because it would be much easier to make a getaway. Running on foot would have probably have proved a little dangerous unless he lived close or had an underground bunker or something nearby.

Page 14:

What I see is a set of tire tracks with some prints in front of them. Are these the best shot of the foot prints available?

Hard to tell..if they are prints, they are overlapping and have the dirt pushed up in front of them at the toe. This would be a shuffle step as if you are struggling with someone and were working towards the door on the car. Flat foot for control and having to slide the feet forward so as not to go off balance in the struggle. If they were Jacobs prints and he was fighting back, you would see heel prints in on an angle where he tried to dig in and push back.

If I had the POI's shoes from that time and good photographs, I could nail it down one way or the other.

LE determined that they were Jacob's footprints. I don't think the picture online is very good, but the police made castings of the footprints at the time. So they probably have better pictures and models.

"The police arrived six minutes later and went to the place where the boys had seen the man. Jacob’s footprints were on the driveway by where the man had been standing. But then they ended and his toe sort of dug into the gravel. There appeared to be some resistance at that point. There were tire tracks on the driveway."

http://www.minnesotamonthly.com/med...race/index.php?cparticle=1&siarticle=0#artanc

"All that remained of him on the gravel road was a spot where Jacob's footprints seemed to show resistance. And then nothing.
"http://abcnews.go.com/US/investigators-dig-evidence-wetterling-case-mom-hopeful/story?id=11075883

I wonder why there were no Perp footprints?

Surely, he would have been heavy and what about a resisting Jacob?

I wonder why there were no Perp footprints?

Surely, he would have been heavy and what about a resisting Jacob?

That is a good question...something I have pondered for a long time. Of course we don't know for sure if there were more footprints-only Jacob's few footprints that we know about. If there were more, then one would assume at least this info could have been released....yet we have only the few footprints alluded to in the photograph. Looking at that 1989 photo of the detective spraying Jacob's prints doesn't give me alot of hope that there was anything more-it appears LE had sprayed white paint around this area of footprints and of course the detective is within this area creating his own footprints. Frankly, I think the footprints were obliterated or there were none in the hard compacted gravel but maybe a few in the softer areas. If DR's prints were there I would think that could have been verified quickly had they known. DR himself said he walked up the driveway to talk to the officer later that night so if he is the perp then he left ANOTHER set of prints AFTER the fact. However, I don't have alot of faith that anyone was aware of footprint evidence immediately after the abduction-too dark and everything was an unkown at the moment. According to the boys' own account, the man was standing on the driveway and not in the grass. Surely, there would be a hint of his footprints somewhere within the 120' he walked. I can understand that with a gravel driveway there will be heavily compacted areas and softer areas so any footprints would be intermittent but if Jacob left only a few prints then I would assume there had to be at least a few prints from the perp. Having said all that, is it actually possible that there were 3 cars that traversed that driveway AFTER the abduction? 2 perp cars parked side by side then exiting the scene on different paths and Kevin's car entering + exiting the driveway. In addition, were there LE cars and/or officers unknowingly traversing over the footprints? From my own little experiments with driving and walking on gravel roads, tracks + footprints will stay a long time on a lightly travelled road in a dry environment.

That is a good question...something I have pondered for a long time. Of course we don't know for sure if there were more footprints-only Jacob's few footprints that we know about. If there were more, then one would assume at least this info could have been released....yet we have only the few footprints alluded to in the photograph. Looking at that 1989 photo of the detective spraying Jacob's prints doesn't give me alot of hope that there was anything more-it appears LE had sprayed white paint around this area of footprints and of course the detective is within this area creating his own footprints. Frankly, I think the footprints were obliterated or there were none in the hard compacted gravel but maybe a few in the softer areas. If DR's prints were there I would think that could have been verified quickly had they known. DR himself said he walked up the driveway to talk to the officer later that night so if he is the perp then he left ANOTHER set of prints AFTER the fact. However, I don't have alot of faith that anyone was aware of footprint evidence immediately after the abduction-too dark and everything was an unkown at the moment. According to the boys' own account, the man was standing on the driveway and not in the grass. Surely, there would be a hint of his footprints somewhere within the 120' he walked. I can understand that with a gravel driveway there will be heavily compacted areas and softer areas so any footprints would be intermittent but if Jacob left only a few prints then I would assume there had to be at least a few prints from the perp. Having said all that, is it actually possible that there were 3 cars that traversed that driveway AFTER the abduction? 2 perp cars parked side by side then exiting the scene on different paths and Kevin's car entering + exiting the driveway. In addition, were there LE cars and/or officers unknowingly traversing over the footprints? From my own little experiments with driving and walking on gravel roads, tracks + footprints will stay a long time on a lightly travelled road in a dry environment.

From what I've understood, Kevin's car going into DR's driveway and then going back out obliterated the perp's footprints and just left that solitary footprint of Jacob's digging down and resisting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mint531