MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Human. When LE took certain belongings from the DR farm on top of what was dug up...just imagine the info they have on all of that which we are not privy too. But we all know where they are spending the money which says alot about the info they have.

I think I'm just greedy to get more info...but I wish LE could release a little more info on what they have and maybe help generate some more leads. We've dissected pretty much that is public info and there just isn't much to go on and nothing that would generate new leads after this many years.

I think I'm just greedy to get more info...but I wish LE could release a little more info on what they have and maybe help generate some more leads. We've dissected pretty much that is public info and there just isn't much to go on and nothing that would generate new leads after this many years.

Me too, but I think the reality is they probably can't release what they have without jeopardizing the investigation overall. LE is in a difficult spot.

I remember the dark clothes.

Sweatshirt? jeans wind pants?

No info?

I am pretty sure from the response I received that the door is closed on that. It is becoming more common for LE to "lawyer up" for a number of reasons. Liability, compromise of evidence, alerting potential POI's that a warrant may be forthcoming and have them rabbit, etc...

Years ago if I asked for information, I usually got boxes full.

I remember the dark clothes.

Sweatshirt? jeans wind pants?

No info?

In the 911 call, Trevor said black nylon type mask, black jacket, possibly jeans (the "jeans" were after being prompted by the 911 dispatcher.)

JBrown did a transcript of the 911 call in 2011 (thread 4). I'd have to check for exact number of post.

I looked over that thread and am curious about the St Ben's angle.

Any way to see if any of the Priests or Monks had a state registered handgun permit or record or purchasing a firearm? Priests usually wear a black jacket or windbreaker and black pants nun's wear black hose.

Yea...I went to a Catholic High School....and I have the scars on my knuckles to prove it.

I looked over that thread and am curious about the St Ben's angle.

Any way to see if any of the Priests or Monks had a state registered handgun permit or record or purchasing a firearm? Priests usually wear a black jacket or windbreaker and black pants nun's wear black hose.

Yea...I went to a Catholic High School....and I have the scars on my knuckles to prove it.

Do you mean St. john's?

DR's parents are very active in the church. The father of DR goes to Mass everyday.

There is a picture somewhere of black nylons at the DR home. He claimed his mother did not have any, but the picture says he is a liar.

Do you mean St. john's?

DR's parents are very active in the church. The father of DR goes to Mass everyday.

There is a picture somewhere of black nylons at the DR home. He claimed his mother did not have any, but the picture says he is a liar.

Sorry...I must have pulled St Ben out of my repressed memories...

And the picture is why LE may be keeping things close to the vest along with other like evidence.

Well, St. Bens and St. Johns have combined as a college now. Years ago (in 1989) they were separate schools, St. John's for males, St. Ben's for females. St. Bens is right next to the school, Rectory, and Catholic Church in St. Joe - all on Minnesota Street which is the main street there, so it does all tie together in a way.

I went to Catholic school also, and the thought of some priest or monk stealing some nun's black nylons made me laugh. He'd probably be whacked with a ruler for even trying. LOL.

Here are a couple links below to check out. I know this person has been brought up on this site in the past but I'm wondering if anyone did any solid research into him or his family and it sounds like they owned a cabin in Paynesville. He would've been 24 in 1989 which would've only been a year off the low age of the FBI profile. If you do a google image search of his name there is a pic that shows acne / scars like the FBI profile noted also. I would like to know what kind of vehicle he owned in 1989 and also any connections he had to St Joseph.

http://www.startribune.com/local/south/124513948.html?refer=y

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/paynesville-mn/THTPAMGAASO3OEKK8/p9

He has flat to the head ears, not stick out like Jared's abductor.

But he could be Jacob's.

However, there are so many many pervs

OK..I am taking another tact here. I have emailed the lady (Joy?) that has the blog liked a few page back that had the pictures and asked for a clean copy of the print picture in the grouping at the bottom of the page. Perhaps if I can get that, I can digitally enhance it or blow it up by a few methods at my disposal.

I'm going through old articles for the umpteenth time and came across a subtle bit of information that supports the statements from Kevin that he drove up DR's driveway to turn around, and not just turn in and back out.

In the October 24, 1989 St Cloud Times, an article states that "A detective made plaster prints of tennis shoe treads and tire tracks found about 40 yards from the spot where the abduction occurred."

Then a bit later in the story:

"A bloodhound from the Minneapolis police department led officers to the tire tracks, confirming their hunch that the man had a car nearby."

Doing some more reading of old stuff....October 30, 1989 St Cloud Times:

A crew of 10 DNR officers and volunteers searched right-of-ways, township and field roads in a sector around 287th Street, Stearns County Road 160 and Island Lake Road, southwest of St. Joseph.

Members of Minnesota Search and Rescue Dog Association checked areas along Stearns County Road 139, north of Rockville.

Dave Rodahl, St. Cloud conservation officer, led the 10-member DNR crew through an abandoned farm site on 287th Street. He said his and other DNR groups concentrated on roads and areas easily accessibly by vehicles.

"It doesn't pay for us to get way out in the middle of places if you can't get out there with a vehicle," Rodahl said. "This guy was in a vehicle, no doubt about that, so we're concentrating on roads and ditches. If you can't get there with a car, you can't get there. We hope that's the angle (the abductor) has been using."

OUCH! I wonder how certain LE was about this, and if it adversely impacted decisions whether or not to search fields, woods, etc??

I'm going through old articles for the umpteenth time and came across a subtle bit of information that supports the statements from Kevin that he drove up DR's driveway to turn around, and not just turn in and back out.

In the October 24, 1989 St Cloud Times, an article states that "A detective made plaster prints of tennis shoe treads and tire tracks found about 40 yards from the spot where the abduction occurred."

Then a bit later in the story:

"A bloodhound from the Minneapolis police department led officers to the tire tracks, confirming their hunch that the man had a car nearby."

Interesting that it says "prints" (plural) of tennis shoes, so they probably do have much more info on prints than the one pic we've seen online.

On your second article, I wonder why they were searching an abandoned farm near Rockville? hmm.

I made a quick map showing the search area mentioned above by ELOC by putting the 3 streets into google maps. I've added type showing where Jacob's home, DR's home (the abduction spot), and St. John's are to this area for reference.

searcharea.jpg

You can view the searched area larger by going to google maps and plugging in the 3 streets mentioned above by ELOCsoul.

This article appeared in the star tribune on November 21 1989:

The FBI released new details of a car reportedly involved in the attempted abduction of a Wisconsin boy, and said there are striking similarities between that case and the abduction of Jacob Wetterling. The car is believed to be a 1984 or 1985 tan four-door Lincoln Town Car with rectangular “opera” windows for backseat passengers. The vehicle also had rusted fender skirts over the rear tires and rust on the rear bumper.
A 13-year-old boy in Roberts, Wis., near the Minnesota border, reported seeing the car as he was leaving basketball practice at school Friday.
“He saw this car parked on a driveway leading to the schoolyard,” said FBI agent Bryon Gigler. “He saw it for some time as he was walking up to it. He heard the (power) window go down. A dome light came on.
“He saw a guy in a black ski mask. He (the man) yelled at him in a
commanding voice, `Get in the car.’

- I find this article of particular interest because the 1984 4 door town car (pictured below with link) seems to match the description of the car that DR saw speeding through his driveway (also linked).

Link to photo of 4 door town car:
http://saintautumn.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/lincoln_town_car_1985_pictures_1_b.jpg

Link to photo of car DR saw in driveway:
http://www.joybaker.com/wp-content/2013/02/MonteCarlo-1978-400x300.jpg

Are St. Autumn and Joy the same person?

Now there is another person with blogs-Diane M.

Is there money in these blogs? Diane is going for cash. Joy wants a new career and who is St. Autumn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734