MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RB died in 2012 at age 70, so he would have been born around 1942 which would have made him around 47 when Jacob went missing. I wonder if he had a "gravelly voice?"

Human, many of the relatives of RB listed on the obituary lived in Paynesville. I don't know if there is any connection though. It also indicated RB used to own a mink farm. No turkey farm. You think the person you were thinking of could have been a brother, friend or a relative of RB?
according to Buffetoflies' post, RB was arrested in 88 for "crim sex" but put on probation, so he would have been around in 1989. I wonder if "crim sex" involves a child. I tried to look up the record from the court link that was provided, but had no luck.

I got into the court website by searching the defendant's name and verified the charges against RB (sr) that were posted on WS. Felony from Wright County. Criminal sexual conduct #1 and #3. Didn't say anything about the victim or the crimes. Here is the difference between the degrees: http://defendingsexcrimes.com/2011/02/the-different-csc-charges/. A child under the age of 13 is the first criteria for first degree. Yikes

I think whomever took Jacob may have taken children before. It doesn't seem like a first time offense taking a child in a small town leaving two witnesses.

Human, many of the relatives of RB listed on the obituary lived in Paynesville. I don't know if there is any connection though. It also indicated RB used to own a mink farm. No turkey farm. You think the person you were thinking of could have been a brother, friend or a relative of RB?
according to Buffetoflies' post, RB was arrested in 88 for "crim sex" but put on probation, so he would have been around in 1989. I wonder if "crim sex" involves a child. I tried to look up the record from the court link that was provided, but had no luck.

I cannot get into the court site for some reason. Darn!

I saw all of the Paynesville relatives and wondered the same thing.

I know it was a turkey farm though, as I had a mink farm by me back in those days and would have remembered mink farm. I really hated the mink farm by me. Mink are really smelly mean creatures that attract rodents.

There were teens that came and worked on the mink farm. One at a time over the years because it was nasty work.

Are there a lot of teens that work on turkey farms? How would a laborer on a turkey farm get kids? That does not make sense to me.

I don't imagine anyone is raking in the bucks working on a turkey farm are they?

you mean something like this?

To me, he looks a lot more like the bald guy seen at the Tom Thumb.

LE has been presented with all of this info so for some reason, they have dismissed it.

I am stumped why they would let the Jared suspect go especially if LE could solve Jacob's crime then.

Who is this suspect, where is he and what are the crimes he committed that were worse than molesting a boy and maybe kidnapping Jacob?

Makes no sense to me at all.

To me, he looks a lot more like the bald guy seen at the Tom Thumb.

LE has been presented with all of this info so for some reason, they have dismissed it.

I am stumped why they would let the Jared suspect go especially if LE could solve Jacob's crime then.

Who is this suspect, where is he and what are the crimes he committed that were worse than molesting a boy and maybe kidnapping Jacob?

Makes no sense to me at all.

hmmm....seems to me a pretty good match. I think SelTel's post #100 was alluding to this. SelTel explains that these sketches are sometimes pencil overlays of a photograph and the pupillary distance is unchanged over time...thus giving the sketch a realistic + dynamic quality yet it's just a 'sketch'...so non-committal from a legal perspective. This also fits that Gary guy from Topix who expressed how the 2 suspect drawings sparked his visual memory of the father + son he said were the perps.

As for all of the 'tapes' + likewise info being dismissed by LE...that has bothered me....I wonder why?

The Jared suspect....THAT would be helpful to know!

I vaguely remember on here that someone found that some of the Bahner's were in prison or jail at the time of Jacob.

I am not going to look through all of the threads.

marlins....found it! I don't know how to cut + paste the comment so here's the information. It's on Joy's blog, Nov 14, 2010 "Was Jacob's Abduction a 'Perfect Storm'?

It's the 3rd comment line. His name is Donavon Mickelson and posted March 20, 2012 at 1:16 a.m.

Thanks cGorg,

I am absolutely stunned that the "young officer" didnt know the precise location of the abduction.... Another prime example of the Stearns County LE!

I get the impression that Donavon thinks it's DR.

Strange, when so many FBI are involved

Thanks cGorg,

I am absolutely stunned that the "young officer" didnt know the precise location of the abduction.... Another prime example of the Stearns County LE!

Regarding LE, looking at a black + white photo of an investigator spraying the footprints on the gravel road. It appears he is smack dab in the middle of the road...there is a white half circular line around him and he is within that line. My point is: the footprints are in the center of the road and not the side of the road thus logically one would assume there would have to be 2 sets of footprints on the gravel(the perp could not have been walking in the grass)....frustrating that there is no pictures of these and frustrating to think Kevin and/or LE destroyed them inadvertently while arriving at the crime scene. Also, if the perp had a car stashed near the trees...would not there also be tire tracks in the grass?

I don't want to deflect from the main suspect, but I have two main suspects I am looking at. DR and the guy I posted above. Someone on WS sleuthed RB's record and came up with some not good things from the time Jacob went missing. Read post 227 from Buffetoflies:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108375&page=10

This is interesting, JBrown. So you think it could have been the father with his two sons helping somehow? I wonder if there's a way to search if Richard, Sr. was in prison at the time of Jacob's abduction or not? The boys were obviously out. I'm curious how they could have hidden his body so well that no one had found it for so many years though.

What kind of family has 3 sex offenders within it? It cannot be a good one. The fathers obit said he he salvaged + rebuilt engines or something of that sort....did they drive jacked up cars? And WHO is Lou? A nickname? A family friend? These guys have a sinister existence. And a history of child molestation.

No one knew that DR was being looked at for years. He comes from a well respected family. As far as a villain goes, he looks rather meek and mild.

The Bahners make great villains. The community would say, "Well of course. Look at their record." As villains, they fit the bill quite well.

But LE does not see it that way. Why not? Why DR over a family that has that kind of background? Just because? I do not think so. Will we ever know?

His first sexual offense was in 85 when he was charged with crim sex 1&3 degree. He got 24 months that time. In MN now you only need to serve 2/3 of sentence I think? Don't know if it was the same then.
He got caught again in 88 and was charged with 2 & 4 degree and got 15 years of supervised probation
He was caught a third time in 95 and was charged with 1st degree and got 4 years imprisonment.
respectfully copied and pasted from buffetoflies' post in 2010

according to this post above and the court website, RB would have NOT been in jail in 1989 when Jacob was abducted, just on probation. His past with criminal sexual conduct in the first degree is a huge red flag. From what I know of child sexual predators is they molest their own children who tend to become predators themselves. It's a bad cycle and hard to break. Who knows who RB learned it from ? He had several brothers.

Of course they could have hid the body anywhere in the trees up there and threatened his kids not to say a word. Forest is everywhere up there.

Did anyone notice that in his obituary, RB died at the home of a family friend? Not "at home" or in the hospital. That's kind of odd and tells me that he likes to move around to fly under the radar. Not to stay long in one spot to bring suspicion to himself.

human, this is probably why they haven't been able to solve this case. too many possible suspects and not enough evidence collected by police who had little experience with this type of crime. If we could get one of the Bahner children (he has 8 children, surely one would help!) to talk maybe we could get somewhere. But, that would be up to the police I guess.

human, this is probably why they haven't been able to solve this case. too many possible suspects and not enough evidence collected by police who had little experience with this type of crime. If we could get one of the Bahner children (he has 8 children, surely one would help!) to talk maybe we could get somewhere. But, that would be up to the police I guess.

I do not believe a body is in the forest. Digging ground where there are tree roots? No way! Nightmare.

Do you not think that LE has looked at the Bahner's? Don't you think people have mentioned them to LE and the Wett erlings?

We have no idea what LE knows.

I think there were plenty of mistakes made in this. It was a shocking crime. I do not believe that LE is harassing DR. Why? Why not hassle Bahners? So much more palatable to the public.

As far as the father dying at the home of a friend, could be a GF. Could be a friend. Could be the family wanted nothing to do with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1