MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People on the net have said Bahners were hanging around St. Joe, but is there any truth to it?

If someone called from the home where the party was, I imagine LE looked into phone calls from there. Remember, cellphones were not really that available and I imagine coverage in rural areas like that would have been almost non existent.

If they abused someone in their own family, maybe the sentence is less?

When I was working, I had a 6 year old student that had been abused by mom's BF. Penetrated.. He served one year in a very loose facility.

Hopefully, they are sentenced longer nowadays, but I am not really sure they are.

But this Ben kid from St. Joe recognized the Bahner brothers by sight on the road at night just driving by, which wouldn't be likely if they lived in another town, IMO. I wonder if maybe dad lived in Clearwater, and the boys at 17 and 24 had already moved out and were renting somewhere in St. Joe. I know their sister Brenda had a home or apartment fairly close to the road Jacob was taken on. Maybe they lived with her or near her?

I know I am doing mysterious nyah nyah nyah boo boo, but I know for some reasons that I will not go into. But all my knowledge is gone after 1990 basically, so that's that.

For the second time, what does this piece of gibberish mean?

But this Ben kid from St. Joe recognized the Bahner brothers by sight on the road at night just driving by, which wouldn't be likely if they lived in another town, IMO. I wonder if maybe dad lived in Clearwater, and the boys at 17 and 24 had already moved out and were renting somewhere in St. Joe. I know their sister Brenda had a home or apartment fairly close to the road Jacob was taken on. Maybe they lived with her or near her?

That makes sense as they were old enough to be on their own.

Who is this Ben and why doesn't LE seem interested in this story?

Is it BS or is there something to it?

Too bad a real reporter doesn't look at it. One who would have the credentials to get interviews and contacts.

That makes sense as they were old enough to be on their own.

Who is this Ben and why doesn't LE seem interested in this story?

Is it BS or is there something to it?

Too bad a real reporter doesn't look at it. One who would have the credentials to get interviews and contacts.

Ben must be in his 40's by now. Diane Meulbauer must know his name but she's not talking....maybe in October. You can find her webpage 'Diane on Deck'...it's new...nothing of significance yet. Ben sure sounds credible to me. I posted the transcript previously....his account places RB + MB at the abduction site at 8:40 and also says he and his dad saw the boys going to Tom Thumb. Abduction at 9:15 so that's 35 minutes. If anyone here can study his account I'd be interested to know how this might work logistically and in relation to the streets. He mentions the hill as a reference point. Also, RB + MB must have lived nearby if Ben knows them. Unless Ben and his dad are in on it(which I doubt). I wonder how Ben fit everything into 35 minutes?

LE and these 'tapes'....my thought is they know all about it but have no evidence. The 'tapes' prove nothing but are important clues. Perp could still be a different individual(s) even if Bahners involved. However, maybe LE is monitoring these folks and thus no more further molestations have occurred? I do wonder about Jared + Josh tho....

Addresses...does anyone know how to verify addresses from 1989? Is it even possible?

[/COLOR]

Ben must be in his 40's by now. Diane Meulbauer must know his name but she's not talking....maybe in October. You can find her webpage 'Diane on Deck'...it's new...nothing of significance yet. Ben sure sounds credible to me. I posted the transcript previously....his account places RB + MB at the abduction site at 8:40 and also says he and his dad saw the boys going to Tom Thumb. Abduction at 9:15 so that's 35 minutes. If anyone here can study his account I'd be interested to know how this might work logistically and in relation to the streets. He mentions the hill as a reference point. Also, RB + MB must have lived nearby if Ben knows them. Unless Ben and his dad are in on it(which I doubt). I wonder how Ben fit everything into 35 minutes?

LE and these 'tapes'....my thought is they know all about it but have no evidence. The 'tapes' prove nothing but are important clues. Perp could still be a different individual(s) even if Bahners involved. However, maybe LE is monitoring these folks and thus no more further molestations have occurred? I do wonder about Jared + Josh tho....

Addresses...does anyone know how to verify addresses from 1989? Is it even possible?

I do not know if there are city directories for St. joe. I imagine there are for St. Cloud so maybe St. joe is included? Your library may be able to order the book for you to look at for awhile? City directories have tons of information. I don't know if they make them anymore, but they had everything, Where you worked, phone numbers, what else? Don't remember.

If LE thought there was anything credible in the Bahners -Ben issue, would they spend the hundred thousand dollars or whatever it cost to dig up the DR farm and sift through the tons of detritus, analyze it, and still keep DR as a POI?

According to Intelius website, RB Jr has lived in these cities:
Clearwater, MN
Saint Cloud, MN
Litchfield, MN
Paynesville, MN
Cold Spring, MN
Russellville, AL
You have to pay to get a full report on this site. I wonder if the addresses are on the court docs? I can check the online court records.

There are problems with Intelius.

They have me listed as living in the town where my SIL's parents live, about 60 miles from here. I have never lived there and have no idea where that came from.

They have my actual town as well.

the court file website has an order from 1988 where Marion Bahner (the mother) requesting support from Richard Sr. Maybe they divorced and were living apart? 1985 order against RB Sr for crim sex conduct levels 1 and 3 has him living in Clearwater.

Jbrown, do you live in St. Cloud or area?

Do you want to check on the city directories? They really are chock full of info

human,
I have wondered that too regarding Bahners..if they are culpable then why dig up DR's pit? Seems contradictory. Maybe they had to as DR offered it as a possible burial spot? Had to follow the lead just to make sure. Maybe they have nowhere else to go...out of leads.

Jbrown. For some reason I cannot get into the court website!!!
Is there anyway you can check and see who is from Paynesville around 1989-91, and was arrested for child sex abuse?

human,
I have wondered that too regarding Bahners..if they are culpable then why dig up DR's pit? Seems contradictory. Maybe they had to as DR offered it as a possible burial spot? Had to follow the lead just to make sure. Maybe they have nowhere else to go...out of leads.

If it was a sketchy lead, why not just ignore it instead of spending all of that money?

Sure, people would like to have it solved, but look at how much interest is on WS about it. Not much. I don't see it as a pressing issue for LE if they did not think they had something of consequence.

human, I am from Mpls/St Paul area. If there was a way to check the directories online or at my local library, I would. Do you think the City of St Joseph would have directories going way back? I can only search by defendant name. I would have to have a name to do a search. if you can find a name (has to be first and last), click on this link: http://pa.courts.state.mn.us/default.aspx. then click on criminal/traffic/petty cases. change the "search by" field from "case" to "defendant".

human, I subscribed to Paynesville newspaper archives and came across an article from Jan 30, 1990 for someone named Duane Hart. He offered boys presents and money to lure them. He was arrested for fondling boys from 1987 to 1989 and involved 15 and 11 year old boys. So far, he has not been connected to the 5 different incidents of a man assaulting Paynesville boys in 1987.

I did not know we had so many child predators in the small towns of upper MN! Read this piece about Duane Allen Hart: http://mn.findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.19960220_0003.mn.htm/qx

I have no name for the turkey farm worker.

This sure sounds like the guy though!!!!

There is nothing on line about him at all except that court case!

I think it is him. If you can find more articles in Paynesville, see if he is the turkey farm guy that they say had nothing to do with Jacob.

This so sounds like him because he had molested so many boys!

The fact he fits the time frame and is from Paynesville! How many molesters of that magnitude can there be?

Is he the one that was dismissed about Jared?????????

The city directories are not online, I do not think.

Can your library order one for you for a few days?

According to the article, he was arrested at Kay Farms near Brooten. Here is a clip from the article:
The arrest stemmed from
investigations by the Jacob Wetterling
Task Force, but Kandiyohi County
Sheriff Larry Kleinhuizen said last
Friday that charges against Hart were not
connected with the Jacob Wettlerling
abduction. According to Byron Gigler,
an FBI spokesman, there remains no
known connection between Hart and the
Wetterling case.

according to that link to the court file on this guy, he had 400-700 incidents with two brothers in 5 years, he used force and coercion and he doesn't think he has a problem.

According to the article, he was arrested at Kay Farms near Brooten. Here is a clip from the article:

according to that link to the court file on this guy, he had 400-700 incidents with two brothers in 5 years, he used force and coercion and he doesn't think he has a problem.

You are amazing! That is the guy!

Now, is he the guy thst was arrested for Jared and let go because they had enough on him?

I would think that they would at least ask Jared if it was him because Jared did see him.

Can you believe his history? Drinking at age 6 and residential treatment at age 9??? Wow

I found an obit for his mother. No father listed at all. It appears Duane is living in Moose Lake. That would be the place for the civilly committed sex offenders.

Minnesota has released one. Duane feels he should be released. Yup. No issues there.

He was born in 47 so he would be 42 when Jacob was taken. With his history, you sure have to wonder how he even functioned at that age .

Is there anyway we can get a picture of him? Do you think he is the guy LE caught and released for Jared?

I am stunned about this guy's history!

Ugh. Brooten is an hour from St. Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members