MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
human, the article mentioned his mother Marie didn't believe the charges. So that obit is correct. BUT the obit says his name is "Allen Duane". The court records have "Duane Allen". There is a pic of him getting sworn in to something in the 1960's. The job corps.

You are amazing! That is the guy!

Now, is he the guy thst was arrested for Jared and let go because they had enough on him?

I would think that they would at least ask Jared if it was him because Jared did see him.

Can you believe his history? Drinking at age 6 and residential treatment at age 9??? Wow

I found an obit for his mother. No father listed at all. It appears Duane is living in Moose Lake. That would be the place for the civilly committed sex offenders.

Minnesota has released one. Duane feels he should be released. Yup. No issues there.

He was born in 47 so he would be 42 when Jacob was taken. With his history, you sure have to wonder how he even functioned at that age .

Is there anyway we can get a picture of him? Do you think he is the guy LE caught and released for Jared?

I am stunned about this guy's history!

It sure sounds like this could be Jared's molester. It would make sense with all those charges that they didn't bother adding Jared's abduction on there. But they seem sure he was not connected with Jacob's case. Hmm.

human, the article mentioned his mother Marie didn't believe the charges. So that obit is correct. BUT the obit says his name is "Allen Duane". The court records have "Duane Allen". There is a pic of him getting sworn in to something in the 1960's. The job corps.

Can you link please or copy?

The obit I have is anormal obit.

His mother did not believe the charges? Wow.

I would really like to see his picture, please!

I wonder if he lived on the farm?

Why did I think it was Paynesville?

So there is some perp that was attacking kids in 1987 in Paynesville?

That area sure is filled with ugly events!

Human he lived in and grew up in Paynesville. He was arrested on the farm in Brooten. He could have just been working there. They were trying to connect him with the Paynesville attacks in 1987. The article pleaded for anyone who had contact with him no matter how long ago to contact the police dept. One person came forward at the date of the article who said he was molested by him 27 years before. I don't think I can copy the archived pic from the 1963 paper. I paid to get into their archives. I'll see what I can do.
Man, no shortage of suspects in these small MN towns. They used to be afraid to go to "the cities" where I live because of the crime. I think I am afraid to go up north. :)

I re-read the article. Hart was a native of Paynesville. I am not sure where the incidents took place now- northeastern Kandiyohi county? That could include a lot of towns including Willmar:
"Kleinhuizen said the incidents of
fondling the boys date to 1987 and the
fall of 1989 and occurred in northeastern
Kandiyohi County. Hart allegedly
offered boys presents to lure them..."

I can order the articles from my library. It will cost to do it, but I am interested in seeing his pic.

Do you mind giving the dates of the two articles and the newspapers they are from?

Does he look like any of the sketches?

So someone came forward about the 27 years ago and somehow they found these other kids he had abused?

They never found a link to him and the assaults?

If not, that is interesting. Another whack job out there.

It seems to me he may be the Jared connection because I do not recall any other arrests at that time.

But couldn"t Jared ID him?

human, I subscribed to Paynesville newspaper archives and came across an article from Jan 30, 1990 for someone named Duane Hart. He offered boys presents and money to lure them. He was arrested for fondling boys from 1987 to 1989 and involved 15 and 11 year old boys. So far, he has not been connected to the 5 different incidents of a man assaulting Paynesville boys in 1987.

Great idea - anything else of interest that you found in that paper? Do you know if subscriptions to archives of the St Cloud times go back that far? I've looked and it didn't seem as though they did.

It sure sounds like this could be Jared's molester. It would make sense with all those charges that they didn't bother adding Jared's abduction on there. But they seem sure he was not connected with Jacob's case. Hmm.

This scenario is exactly what I've been wondering about!! The timing of the arrest is right.

What bugs me though is LE's conclusion (and they seemed sure about this) that Jared's and Jacob's abductions were related. That conclusion appears to be based on the similar circumstances such as the threat of a guy, low gravely voice, approximately the same build, etc. So the problem is, if this is the guy that committed Jared's abduction, then it really reduces the chances that Jacob's abductor was committed by a copy-cat. Why? Because there was virtually no media coverage of Jared's abduction until after Jacob's. The abductor's MO was not publicly known.

We know that the guy was arrested, but not for Jared. This has to be the guy.

Don't you think Jared could identify him?

Human he lived in and grew up in Paynesville. He was arrested on the farm in Brooten. He could have just been working there. They were trying to connect him with the Paynesville attacks in 1987. The article pleaded for anyone who had contact with him no matter how long ago to contact the police dept. One person came forward at the date of the article who said he was molested by him 27 years before. I don't think I can copy the archived pic from the 1963 paper. I paid to get into their archives. I'll see what I can do.
Man, no shortage of suspects in these small MN towns. They used to be afraid to go to "the cities" where I live because of the crime. I think I am afraid to go up north. :)

You can take a screen shot if you can't copy it.

Great idea - anything else of interest that you found in that paper? Do you know if subscriptions to archives of the St Cloud times go back that far? I've looked and it didn't seem as though they did.

No the Times (online) doesn't go back that far, I've checked.

Hi all,
ST cloud Times goes back to Aug 2002. Not sure why it doesn't go back any futher.
I don't know about this guy now. He was living in Belgrade in 1990 when he was arrested near Brooten according to the article. What would he be doing in St Joseph the year before? Thanks for the screenshot idea! I think it worked. Remember, this pic is from 1965.
Ugh, I can't get it to work! I have saved the pic to a word file on my computer. Now what?

human, if you want to see the picture, please pm me with your email address. I can't figure out how to get the pic on here. it won't copy and paste and I can't link it from my work computer. The article is from Paynesville Press Jan 30, 1990. I can send u a copy of the arrest article too.

Jbrown, I cannot help you with your computer issues. I hope someone can!!!

Belgrade is 42 miles from St. Joe, population 742. It's 15 miles from Paynesville.

He sounds like a real problem with the drinking and drugs. I am assuming that people did not know about his other hobby. Heavy drinking at age 6. Can you even imagine? And sodomized at age 9. Just wow.

Jared was brought to a distinctive farm. Sounds like Duane may have worked on many farms. Who could keep a severe alcoholic and drug user around for long. Hard to believe he could be reliable.

Does anyone recall any other arrests around the time that the FBI agent said that someone was arrested for Jared and let go? I recall nothing except the guy in the white car who had an unregistered gun and Duane.

human, if you want to see the picture, please pm me with your email address. I can't figure out how to get the pic on here. it won't copy and paste and I can't link it from my work computer. The article is from Paynesville Press Jan 30, 1990. I can send u a copy of the arrest article too.

jbrown324320.....if you scan the pic and save as a PDF then you can simply attach it to your message. hope that helps

jbrown324320.....if you scan the pic and save as a PDF then you can simply attach it to your message. hope that helps

Otherwise, just go to photobucket and upload it there, and then you can place it here. You use the little insert image icon on here that looks like a mountain with yellow background. Or I can PM you my email and you can send it to me to upload.

thanks for the suggestions. I will try to do that Monday. the stuff is on my work computer. The Paynesville newspaper I paid to search the archives is pretty cool. You type in some key words and they will search all the archived newspapers for those words. It will give you a percentage of a match. I searched for a lot of different info regarding criminal sexual conduct in the first degree, child molestation, RB's name, etc. Didn't come up with much else.

Thanks jBrown!

So Duane must be the guy the FBI guy was talking about.

He must be an incredibly severe alkie if he was a heavy drinker at age 6

Duane Allen Hart....wow! that was some amazing research done so quickly... And yet LE says he is not connected to Jacob's abduction? I wonder why? If he(DAH) is not connected then it's back to square one. Re-reading Thread #4, posts #602-#635 between human and cappucino is fascinating. human, are you going to answer cappucino's question posed on Thread #5, post #182?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member