MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DR was a visiting music teacher for all the schools in the district. Do visiting music teachers have playground duty, etc?

Yes. All teachers where I worked had extra duties. But, I was not in his district so I have no idea how they handle their issues.

Maybe they hire hall monitors for before and after school duty. Maybe they have playground monitors and lunch supervisors. I do not know.

Even when money was more plentiful, teachers had these extra duties as part of their work day.

Music teachers have the added bonus of having their students play in parades, athletic events and graduations.

At one time I was a traveling teacher. I never was assigned lunch duty. Lunch was in my car as I drove between schools, so it was difficult to be in two places at once.

So, in short we cannot say that DR was "undoubtedly" told anything about Jared's attack, let alone in enough detail to stage a copycat. At least, not officially told - and if he was unofficially told, as in hearing gossip in the staff room, etc - then we're back to square one. If the details of the attack had spread across the local grapevine, then any local could have staged a copycat attack just as surely as if the details of the attack had been published in the local paper.

No. There is no way to know unless you were on the staff at that school.

And in a tiny town, the details would spread like wildfire to anyone who was interested.

Just have to go back to the pile of money spent on searching the DR farm. We know that much

If Jared and Jacob were attacked by the same person, then it would seem to be someone whose offending behaviour was both compulsive and escalating. So I think its worth asking, why did the disappearances not continue after Jacob? Or are there are other disappearances in the area that we haven't looked at?

If there are none, maybe the perpetrator was someone who has since died, been imprisoned for something else, or moved out of the area?

I think amother thing to look at is if perps ever just take one kid.

There is a missing one for sure. Josh Guimond, band student from the same college DR teaches at, St. John's. There is much info about that on WS

Josh Guimond was 20 though, I'm not sure he would have appealed to the same type of abductor who goes for boys of 11 and 12.

Josh Guimond was 20 though, I'm not sure he would have appealed to the same type of abductor who goes for boys of 11 and 12.

Because?

There are plenty of pukes that go for all ages. The Hillside Stranglers. Ted Bundy. Austin Sigg.

And it could be that Josh had info.

I'm not a psychiatrist but according to what I've read, the type of paedophile who goes for boys is less likely to go for all ages than the type who either goes for girls or who isn't gender specific. They are also likely to claim more victims than other types of paedophiles.

Whether or not Josh had info, (which I see no reason to believe), still wouldn't answer my question of why a perp who was responsible for Jared and Jacob's abduction, and who was alive, free and still local, hasn't done it again. Disposing of Josh because he knew too much would hardly satiate the urges of a compulsive paedophile.

Are there any other children missing in the area?

Retired NYPD detective James Rothstein was known for arresting Watergate figure Frank Sturgis. Rothstein believes that Sturgis was also involved in the assassination of JFK. Not much of a conspiracy theorist myself, but I gotta admit that 3 shots and 3 strikes from Oswald's rifle are a little much to swallow.

Anyhow - Mr Rothstein is known to be have investigated abductions and child sex crimes in the midwest, most notably that of Johnny Gosch. Rothstein has noted that Jacob Wetterling delivered newspapers, as did Gosch and another child abducted from Des Moines. Rothstein has said he has interviewed another MN boy who escaped from an attempted abduction just prior to Jacob's.

In a November 28, 2007 article from the Paynesville Press, Mr. Rothstein has harsh words for LE. Below is an excerpt from the article.

The Wetterling investigation was an example, Rothstein said, of an
incomplete effort. “All the stuff the cops should have done, they didn’t
do,” he said. Rothstein said he offered his information and all the
credit to the appropriate law enforcement agency, but “they just
spit and sputter when I talk to them.”

“Nobody holds the cops to the fire,” he said. “There is no crime if
no one looks at it,” he added. “What bothers me the most is you
have all these kids who are disappearing, and the cases aren’t solved.
There is no such thing as an unsolvable case,” he said.

When he was a cop, they might not have been able to gather enough evidence to prosecute, but they always found what happened, he said.
“Kids don’t just disappear,” Rothstein said. Kids talk, so how
come so many of these cases are unknown and even more are
unsolved, he wonders. Why has Jackie Theel (who disappeared
from Paynesville in 1944) never been found, he asked. Why
has the Jacob Wetterling abduction never been solved, he continued.
The public, instead of pressuring the police for results, appears in
denial. “It’s the ostrich effect. Bury your head, and it’ll go away,” he said

That sounds interesting, would you be able to post a link to the entire article, please ELOCsoul?

No. There is no way to know unless you were on the staff at that school.

And in a tiny town, the details would spread like wildfire to anyone who was interested.

Just have to go back to the pile of money spent on searching the DR farm. We know that much

In my mind the money spent digging on DR's farm is a 'hail Mary pass'. If you watch some of the local tv broadcasts where they interviewed locals about the fact that nothing was found in these searches, the people being interviewed expressed shock upon hearing this-obviously expecting otherwise. Maybe LE isn't that competent in this case?

1. Kennedy Assasination: this is a bit off topic but since ELOCsoul mentioned it...if you read Gerald Posner's book 'Case Closed' he makes a very solid case against Oswald. In fact, a rifleman was able to duplicate Oswald's 3 shots in the same amount of time + accuracy. They also disproved the 'magic bullet theory'. I know that's not your point....my point is I fear Jacob's case is becoming like the Kennedy assasination....so many theories. Sometimes the obvious theory is the right one.
2. Johnny Gosch....another conspiracy theory...I don't discount it but if you ever go on the Franklin Cover-Up website be careful. I did once and had a lot of trouble exiting. There's some disturbing pictures. Although seemingly 'out there', the author is convinced his dad abducted Jacob with a white car. He also says his dad killed Chuckie Mauk in Georgia in that same white car. If this were all true, you'd have a perp with a repeatable m.o. and a reoccurring pedophile desire.
3. LE....23 years. I realize they have access + methods unavailable to the public but is it just possible that they are flummoxed? Or, as SelTel stated, know the perp but cannot arrest? Seems it might be time to get the public involved or John Walsh again. To me, they are either super close or out of leads.

I am sure the Wetterlings want answers and do not want to bury their heads in the sand.

If Rothstein is so good, then let him investigate.

All I can say is if you read on WS , you can see how much info LE has that the public has no clue about.

Where is it written that Jacob was a paperboy? That is a new one on me.

That sounds interesting, would you be able to post a link to the entire article, please ELOCsoul?

Sorry, it's online only via subscription. I copied / pasted the most relevant portions.

Sorry, it's online only via subscription. I copied / pasted the most relevant portions.

Okay. Could you post a link to the site where its online please? That way anyone who is interested enough to read the entire article can subscribe.

Because?

There are plenty of pukes that go for all ages. The Hillside Stranglers. Ted Bundy. Austin Sigg.

And it could be that Josh had info.

I have wondered about the triple J's(Jared, Jacob, Josh). Each abduction location corresponding to DR locations(work + home). Makes me wonder what Josh was finding on his computer in his St John perp searches.....something wicked this way goes.

So how does DAH fit into this? Can Joy ask Jared if he ever saw pictures of DAH or had to look at him in a line up?

JBrown, does DAH look anything like the sketch?

It's amazing the things they used to put in the newspapers! DAH was hospitalized several times in the 1960's, although the Paynesville paper does not say for what - sometimes treated and released the same day.

He was also at the St Cloud Children's Home ( a Catholic charity) in the late 50's. The meeting minutes of the Village of Paynesville shows several entries where payment for his stay was approved by the Village Board.

He must have been sodomized at that children's home. By one of the special priests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member