MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think what you will about Joy (or anyone else), but accusing someone of having ulterior motives is unnecessary and counterproductive. Time is better spent focused on finding Jacob. I am hoping that Jared's willingness to speak to LE again (and any other victims willing to come forward) can bring new information to light and possibly new leads in Jacob's case. Hoping and praying.

Hope this helps clarify what was meant.....from Joy's site:

ELOCsoul | October 22, 2013 at 8:56 pm
Can you clarify for us – is it that the current investigative staff at the Stearns County Sheriff’s office that’s never heard of the 1987 incidents?? Or are they saying it’s never been on their radar, all the way back to 1989??

joy.the.curious | October 22, 2013 at 9:20 pm
ELOCsoul, I can’t speak for past investigative staff. All I know for sure is that current investigative staff were unaware of these cases. Maybe some leads got missed early on when there were so many cooks in the kitchen. I really don’t know.

I agree Tracker that it's out of the norm for someone to commit such a crime at the end of their own driveway but that mostly applies if it were well thought out in advance. This was a crime that was spur of the moment since no one knew the boys would be out that night since it was a last second decision on their part before convincing Dad on the phone to let them go. Also no vehicles were seen by the boys on scene and also didn't see any vehicles on the way back pass by them either. DR no doubt was thinking the police would be all over the property searching and showing up with various search warrants which is why he made the 911 call playing dumb about seeing flashlights out by his woodpile and he also placed vehicles on the scene by saying he saw them in his driveway. He was in defense mode in my opinion. The police quickly ruled out a vehicle being used after Kevin's story...and by saying that it's not because they did it out of convenience...they don't do that with a 20 plus year old case. I'm sure they were very thorough and believe me they want to solve this as much as anyone. Now we've all discussed it's obvious they have much more info than what has been released but yet they still name DR as a POI and can't eliminate him as a suspect. It's very telling in my opinion. I also have a friend that is in behavioral science for a university and he's studied all the past videos of DR and in every one there are several tell tale signs that he picks up on that says he's lying. Granted it's nothing that can be proven but there are too many obvious things that point straight to DR so he will never be ruled out until it's solved period.

:goodpost:

Most likely none.

Based on what considering that she lives right in the area?

Joy is not a member on WS, unless it is in secret.

I see misdirection here. Saying LE is too stupid to look at 1987 attacks in the very same area.

I wouldn't question Joy's motives if I didn't feel that she was having a Nancy Grace bombshell moment.

Based on what considering that she lives right in the area?

Joy is not a member on WS, unless it is in secret.

I see misdirection here. Saying LE is too stupid to look at 1987 attacks in the very same area.

I wouldn't question Joy's motives if I didn't feel that she was having a Nancy Grace bombshell moment.

There's lots of turkey farmers in MN. Proximity does not imply association.

Aren't we all secret on WS? I don't know any other sleuthers here.

Is LE lilly white? They're human(no pun intended) after all...they make mistakes.

Joy's blog early on established that she believed that DR is innocent and proceeded from that point of view. You could start a blog with the opposing point of view.

There's lots of turkey farmers in MN. Proximity does not imply association.

Aren't we all secret on WS? I don't know any other sleuthers here.

Is LE lilly white? They're human(no pun intended) after all...they make mistakes.

Joy's blog early on established that she believed that DR is innocent and proceeded from that point of view. You could start a blog with the opposing point of view.

Yes, LE makes mistakes, but to deliberately mislead with the information that LE was not aware of the 1987 attacks is disingenuous.

This is.not the first strange error she has had. The one before this, which has never been corrected, is the make of the car she has on her blog.

I forget what he earlier misconceptions are. After the first couple, I did not pay much attention as the errors that I know for sure cause me to question the rest of what she says.

I find it a strange coincidence that she has a turkey farm. Why are people not interested in that connection? How many turkey farms are there in the area? Where was DAH working?

Did he have a car? What kind?

What about the tire tracks of a farm vehicle on the DR property?

What about the mysterious fires at the DR property?

Why did LE go to the DR property and then have enough info to go back with a,different search warrant the next day?

Why do people think LE names DR as a POI, but people want to dismiss that as inconsequential?

I have continued to follow this thread because I believe there is a serious chance something will come of it. This latest contribution from Joy has opened up a serious avenue of investigation. It is of course, likely that this angle was considered back in 1989. It is however, very possible that the Paynesville connection has not been followed up with. I would be particularly interested in the subsequent activities of any of the suspects.

I have always thought the guy that did Jacob was an experienced Snatch and Grab molester who had a strategy pretty well thought out. I suspect killing the victim was never part of the plan and it prompted the perp to get out of the business or to high tail it out of the area. I am quite sure that the Paynesville guy is that same definite "type" as the guy who did Jacob and the guy who did Jared. Are they all the same guy? Could very well be.

This thread has been for too long diverted into a fixation on one POI who's viability as a suspect has greatly diminished over time. DR was once a reasonable subject for sleuthing when Keven came forward and a whole new avenue of investigation was opened up. (the possibility but not certainty that there was no car) But once the proverbial "Dead end" was reached, it was time to move on. DR's innocence has not been established but since no affirmative evidence has been found, it is time to downgrade his status of "poi" least we continue to tarnish the reputation of an innocent man.

Well, "we" haven't named him a POI. The sheriff's office has stated he is officially a POI in this case. So I don't see that as something you can just toss aside. I'm sure they have their reasons.

I agree, however, that we should continue to explore other possibilities.

I had two older tire guys look at the tread pattern picture. Neither had ever seen this pattern. One has been in the business for 30 years and the other around 40. I have been Googling tire patterns for three days and have not found an exact match. I am going to try some really old guys in the business that work on farm and over the road truck tires.

I wish I could see if this was a single track, and if there are two, that they track together ruling out two individual tracks of a motorcycle going in and out. There were to tire patterns that came somewhat close. One for a vintage Harley and one for a vintage Norton.

I had two older tire guys look at the tread pattern picture. Neither had ever seen this pattern. One has been in the business for 30 years and the other around 40. I have been Googling tire patterns for three days and have not found an exact match. I am going to try some really old guys in the business that work on farm and over the road truck tires.

I wish I could see if this was a single track, and if there are two, that they track together ruling out two individual tracks of a motorcycle going in and out. There were to tire patterns that came somewhat close. One for a vintage Harley and one for a vintage Norton.

I thought the track looked like a turf tire on a large mower. No reason that should be cause for alarm on a farm with a large yard, unless it's a fresh track made at the time of the abduction?

I thought the track looked like a turf tire on a large mower. No reason that should be cause for alarm on a farm with a large yard, unless it's a fresh track made at the time of the abduction?

I think it's just me... I get bugged by a track (human, animal or vehicle) that I can't identify. I need to figure it out in case I ever run across it again. The fact that it is so unique has me hooked....

I appreciate your dogged determination on this Tracker!

A real expert is something that leads to thoughts here.

I do have midwestphd's excellent analysis of the writings of Dan . To me, very telling.

The arrogance is one thing I find very disturbing. It seems to be consistent across perpetuators. The killer of Alanna Gallagher was involved in searching and had some very disturbing " in the know" comments that caused LE to become suspicious of him. The public had no idea of these comments and other things neighbor's had told LE. The community was very close mouthed as they wanted the killer to be stopped.

The information that LE has on Josh Powell is mind boggling. The public had no clue.

My guess is that LE has a ton of info gleaned over the years.

We can take some wild stabs at ideas. Except for the expert analysis of tire tracks and the analysis of the videos and writings of DR, we have no access to evidence or interviews of people.

The whole universe apparently can be suspects in this case. It seems like there are tons of molesters to choose from in that area and certainly more that no one has heard of.

I for one am grateful for Joy's blog. Sure, she's an aspiring writer...but so what? At least she's chosen a subject that is obviously true to her heart and I believe she has good motives.

It's nice to have someone that has actually gotten somewhere with LE, she's managed to get interviews with Jared, Kevin, and DR, she's had connections with the news media. She's a valuable resource, IMO. I dont' think we should be hating on her....lets support her and encourage her efforts.

I would encourage her efforts if I could believe what she writes,

Chelsea Hoffman writes as well. She is going to put out a book on Hannah Anderson. Is there truth in it? Sure, I bet there will be some. How do we know what is true?

There are video inteviews of DR but people jump all over those.

Joy interviews DR and everyone is fawning over them.

Why? When they are filled,with inaccruracies.

I would also like to call attention to the research given freely by JBrown who gave us the info in DAH after paying for news site. I feel that she truly cares and wants nothing out of this but justice.

Sher has done a tremendous amount of research. It seems like magic when she posts all of the news articles that she has found. That kind of research takes smarts as well as time.

Midwestphd's analysis must have taken hours. I look forward to more.

eLOC has gone to the library and researched on his own time with no need for renumeration or glory.

I don't see anyone at this site doing anything but sharing freely with others.

Human, I get where you are going with this. If I were retired, I would have started a blog looking into this and interviewing people. Unfortunately, I need to work and Websleuths frowns upon contacting people related to the case. I don't want to get into trouble like I did on another case. I applaud Joy for doing what she is doing. I just hope she gives credit where it is due if she found information from one of us on our site. :)

Hi, I joined WS awhile ago but never posted before. I just posted a reply to someone on the JW thread but don't see it. So I thought I would try this way, just to see if something shows up. Still trying to figure out how this works and what you can and can't say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member