MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see what you are saying JBrown. Someone needs their own blog to post information freely. OK. That makes sense.

I am not sure anyone wants credit on here. I think they want to find Jacob.

That is why the information should be accurate and not presented in the Nancy Grace bombshell manner.

I want info and will look at any source for it. I have been fooled in the past, so I am more discerning now in terms of where info comes from.

Hi, I joined WS awhile ago but never posted before. I just posted a reply to someone on the JW thread but don't see it. So I thought I would try this way, just to see if something shows up. Still trying to figure out how this works and what you can and can't say.

Welcome. I think a lot of us are trying to figure out what we can or cannot say

I had two older tire guys look at the tread pattern picture. Neither had ever seen this pattern. One has been in the business for 30 years and the other around 40. I have been Googling tire patterns for three days and have not found an exact match. I am going to try some really old guys in the business that work on farm and over the road truck tires.

I wish I could see if this was a single track, and if there are two, that they track together ruling out two individual tracks of a motorcycle going in and out. There were to tire patterns that came somewhat close. One for a vintage Harley and one for a vintage Norton.

Is it possible it was a 3 wheeler tire track? Lots of people sue them in this area.

I tend to think it was a planned kidnapping. (due to someone having a 'mask' with them) Possible someone at the Tom Thumb, or in the area was looking for someone, and saw the boys. Yet on the other hand, it is common for people to carry warm clothes in their car ( I know as I live in this area) or even wear ski masks out walking, jogging etc. so it may not seem odd if someone driving by would catch a glimpse of the person with the mask on) Granted, it is not the dead of winter at this time of year when JW was abducted, but it can can quite cold out.

It can get cold for sure and that is true that people wear warm clothes.

That particular day was incredibly warm. 70's at least.

People did have three wheelers then.

It can get cold for sure and that is true that people wear warm clothes.

That particular day was incredibly warm. 70's at least.

People did have three wheelers then.

Would it have been that warm after dark, in Minnesota, in October? I've never been there but I got the impression it was one of America's colder, snowier states during winter.

Would it have been that warm after dark, in Minnesota, in October? I've never been there but I got the impression it was one of America's colder, snowier states during winter.

Currently, it is 36, at 4 pm. I live in a town a hop skip jump from st. joe. Going to google weather for that date in 1989.

Currently, it is 36, at 4 pm. I live in a town a hop skip jump from st. joe. Going to google weather for that date in 1989.

Weather temp was 57.7 at 8pm
51.1 at 9 pm
46 at 10 pm
That night, according to my google search
So obviously not cold enuf out to wear a mask, and if someone would of seen the person with a mask, it would of raised a red flag.

I remember that day because it was so unseasonably warm. We went on a hike in the woods because it was so lovely.

The next day I opened the newspaper to the story of Jacob.

I thought it was some kind of ransom kidnapping and would be over soon.

I got a phone call from a friend at work.

I will never forget.

As far as the mask, we do not know.

It appears it may have been a nylon stocking. There is a video somewhere of DR saying his mother has no black nylons, but one is hanging from a rod in the video.

Hard to say what the mask was made out of

Ha ha. October is not winter usually in Minnesota.

Pondering, since you live in the neighborhood, do you know anything about DAH?

Do you know anything about the 1987 situation with the boys?

Have you heard any talk about anything related to these situations?

DR should be named as a POI In the 1987 paynesville molestation cases. In 1987 DR lived in Saint Joseph (28 miles from Paynesville) and worked in cold spring (18 miles from paynesville).

Also, Jared was abducted in cold spring (where DR worked) and jacob was abducted within walking distance of DRs house.

Jared would've been able to identify DR after the fact so it's very doubtful DR was involved in that one. Also if the Paynesville cases were related to Jacob's case a vehicle would've been used and LE has ruled that out for reasons only they know and we have all discussed to no end on here. Again it always comes back to a vehicle or no vehicle? Sounds like they have matched all tracks by ruling a vehicle out when Kevin came forward so it really narrows down the pool of suspects in my opinion. The Paynesville crimes could be related to Jared's case though.

I've never thought about how a three wheeler could have been used in the abduction.

A three wheeler sounds interesting, but what would the perp do with Jacob on a three wheeler?

The tracks would be obvious. Wouldn't LE be looking for a three wheeler?

The one BIG difference in all of the abductor suspects and all of the poor innocent victims is that the perp in Jacob's abduction made him disappear. Who amongst these would have that motive?

I suspect killing the victim was never part of the plan and it prompted the perp to get out of the business or to high tail it out of the area.

(snipped by me).....I am just curious....what actually do you mean by this sentence?

I see what you are saying JBrown. Someone needs their own blog to post information freely. OK. That makes sense.

I am not sure anyone wants credit on here. I think they want to find Jacob.

That is why the information should be accurate and not presented in the Nancy Grace bombshell manner.

I want info and will look at any source for it. I have been fooled in the past, so I am more discerning now in terms of where info comes from.

human...I see you're having difficulty with Joy's blog. I have challenged you on that. Even though you might say it's 'sensational' in its presentation, it's also pertinent and timely, and it has put Jacob back into the light of discussion + research. From what I've seen, you cut a wide swathe on WS and posters are deferential to you. I just wonder why you're so suspicious + discerning? Joy has placed herself front + center....given her name, her face is posted on her website along with her husband, she is exposed. Certainly, if she was getting close to the truth, would she not be at risk? Yes, she lives in Paynesville near DAH(previously) somewhere but doesn't this make it even riskier for her. I think she has a genuine concern for Jacob and is pursuing the truth while at the same time trying to build a career as a writer. Noone else has established a blog for Jacob(JWFoundation notwithstanding)....I think she is a valuable resource now as well you are as you were there when it all happened. I just don't see the 'Nancy Grace' aspect to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member