MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tracker, did you see the new threads tlcya and bessie started for us? This one is for news reports only (no discussion) so we can review news items quickly without having to search. Anyone can add news items to this thread - be sure to provide a link and only copy 10% of the article (for copyright protection).
MN MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, 22 Oct 1989 ***MEDIA THREAD***NO DISCUSSION*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

This one should be great for you, it's for SAR, maps, etc. I have a couple maps to add, but haven't figured out the best way to do that yet. But there is a great interactive map there already.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
(Please keep discussion on the topic of searching and maps in regard to this case on that SAR thread.)

I was just reading through some of the "Jacob" links at the pine curtain site. It might be a good idea to search this lake and area.. if it was never done before.

"In a recent phone conversation, the student, now in his late 40s with strong ties to the Catholic Church, recalled a dream that he had on the evening of October 22, 1989. In the dream, Roger Julkowski abducted a young boy and did something with the body in West Gemini Lake, the lake behind Julkowski’s home.

On the morning of October 23, 1989, the former student heard the news that JacobWetterling had been abducted in Saint Joseph, Minnesota, a few miles from Julkowski’s home." (more at link)

http://www.behindthepinecurtain.com/wordpress/meet-roger-julkowski/

I cannot stand it.

People attract similar people.

For example, if one grows up in an alcoholic family, h/she will be subconsciously attracted to other people who grew up in shame based families.

There is a reason that there are so many pervs at St. John's. It blows my mind.

Thank you to the mods + posters who created the new media links + forum tips.....that was very nice + very helpful! I do appreciate it and know it will help me as well as other websleuths sift through so much information regarding Jacob. Again, Thank You!

It's largely due to you asking if it could be more organized somehow, cGorg, so thank you also! It really is great having it all in one spot.

It's largely due to you asking if it could be more organized somehow, cGorg, so thank you also! It really is great having it all in one spot.

Do we know if they'll accept scans of copies of newspaper articles? I have 200+ pages of articles from the St Cloud Times, and a few from the St Joseph Newsleader.

ELOCsoul, I am no mod so I recommend double checking with one of them via PM (not alert button as those are more for reporting problem posts and things that require immediate attention)

but my own :twocents: is that I have seen previous cases where scans of articles have been attached as image or PDF files because they are no longer available or were never available online.

It is interesting to me that the coach from Washington state that has been arrested in. The latest child *advertiser censored* bust is 50 years old.

He has been coaching for years. These pervs fly under he radar for years.

While investigating Jacob's abduction, we know from Allen Garber's book that LE arrested a man in Jared's abduction. We also know that at one time LE was nearly certain that Jared's and Jacob's abductions were committed by the same person.

It is interesting to look at the details that the FBI put into interviewing that man. They set up the interview room with furniture arranged in a specific way. They used special lights, and displayed a flag. There has to be some significance of the flag’s symbolism. Perhaps the man was ultra-patriotic, or maybe he was just the opposite. Maybe he was a military man, perhaps discharged dishonorably?

This is off-topic as it's not related to Jacob's case. However, I post it here because it shows how reluctant prosecutors can be to charge a suspect if they don't have the physical evidence to support a conviction.

I remember this case very well, although had forgotten about it until it resurfaced in the local newspaper today. I remember this Neuman guy seemed guilty as heck. He repeatedly lied, changed his story, and yet passed two polygraph tests. Although he has never been charged criminally, he was found guilty of his wife's murder in civil court.

He ultimately was remarried - to the nanny of his child!

http://www.leadertelegram.com/news/front_page/article_feefbb2a-4e84-11e3-a439-001a4bcf887a.html

While investigating Jacob's abduction, we know from Allen Garber's book that LE arrested a man in Jared's abduction. We also know that at one time LE was nearly certain that Jared's and Jacob's abductions were committed by the same person.

It is interesting to look at the details that the FBI put into interviewing that man. They set up the interview room with furniture arranged in a specific way. They used special lights, and displayed a flag. There has to be some significance of the flag’s symbolism. Perhaps the man was ultra-patriotic, or maybe he was just the opposite. Maybe he was a military man, perhaps discharged dishonorably?

Can you give synopsis of each statement please?

I hope you will start posting your articles soon.

snipped by me
ELOCsoul....I looked online for Garber's book...it's starting at $125 on Amazon...is that correct? Is it nearly out of print or would a library have it?

Thanks Shergal for pointing out this guy.

The dream that guy had speaks volumes to me! Premonition? I think dreams like that always have some significance. IMO.

snipped by me

PonderingU....I understand your point. I have had 3 significant dreams in my life that predicted the future....nothing earth-shattering....just inconsequential dreams seemingly unimportant until days after the dream the dream becomes reality. Then it hits you. It's startling and a bit unnerving. Maybe it's just some sort of natural conclusion in one's own mind. Of course I've had lots of dreams as anyone else does but really only remember these 3 dreams mostly-occasionally a few others which stuck in my mind. BUT...as Cappuccino stated, it's not evidence. I would never dare make a prediction based upon my dreams but in the case of this guy dreaming that someone abducted Jacob and then finding out a day later that Jacob had been abducted....at the very least it's a good lead....something that could be pursued until it's either proven true or false....ya never know.

as per shergal's post #8 in the media thread(After 20 years, Minnesota still wonders, Where's Jacob?):

Al Garber states: "This criminal didn't just happen to see the kids"....this statement to me seems a pre-planned abduction. Wonder what his basis for this comment is?

snipped by me
ELOCsoul....I looked online for Garber's book...it's starting at $125 on Amazon...is that correct? Is it nearly out of print or would a library have it?

cGorg: You can buy it directly from Garber for only $16.95. (Idiot sellers on amazon raise their prices like that when they see certain books only have a few copies left.)

Striving To Be The Best is available in hard cover from the author for $16.95 plus shipping. You can contact him at puckmanpuckman@yahoo.com.

http://www.booksbyquinn.com/page21.html

as per shergal's post #8 in the media thread(After 20 years, Minnesota still wonders, Where's Jacob?):

Al Garber states: "This criminal didn't just happen to see the kids"....this statement to me seems a pre-planned abduction. Wonder what his basis for this comment is?

It continues on with Aaron agreeing.. "Larson agrees. "I think the guy kind of had an idea in his mind who he was after," he says. "I don't know if he had been following one of us for a while, or kind of keeping track of what our whereabouts were. ... He made a big thing as far as asking our age and having us look at him, so I figure ... that he had been maybe either keeping an eye or watching for the past weeks, days or months or whatever."

So maybe they felt it was someone who had been watching and/or stalking them for a while, saw their chance, and took it. IMO, Garber is saying, these boys were not out on some public road where anyone driving by could have seen them and grabbed them, they were out in the middle of a very rural area, so it implies someone local had been watching them for a while.

snipped by me

PonderingU....I understand your point. I have had 3 significant dreams in my life that predicted the future....nothing earth-shattering....just inconsequential dreams seemingly unimportant until days after the dream the dream becomes reality. Then it hits you. It's startling and a bit unnerving. Maybe it's just some sort of natural conclusion in one's own mind. Of course I've had lots of dreams as anyone else does but really only remember these 3 dreams mostly-occasionally a few others which stuck in my mind. BUT...as Cappuccino stated, it's not evidence. I would never dare make a prediction based upon my dreams but in the case of this guy dreaming that someone abducted Jacob and then finding out a day later that Jacob had been abducted....at the very least it's a good lead....something that could be pursued until it's either proven true or false....ya never know.

I had several dreams about Jacob's location. Who knows. I went to one home that was a rental home and talked to some college boys and told them about my dream. I also sent a letter to the owner of the home who I knew because she was a college prof I had. I had a dream about that house as being significant.

One of my best friend's had a friend who was psychic. Not a fake. From another state. She said it was a joke. Not to worry.

It has always interested me that the idea of it being a joke has come up so often.

I look at things being in the air.

For instance, people think of a unique name for the baby.

Then it is found out every other baby has been named that unique name. So who knows what it is all about

It continues on with Aaron agreeing.. "Larson agrees. "I think the guy kind of had an idea in his mind who he was after," he says. "I don't know if he had been following one of us for a while, or kind of keeping track of what our whereabouts were. ... He made a big thing as far as asking our age and having us look at him, so I figure ... that he had been maybe either keeping an eye or watching for the past weeks, days or months or whatever."

So maybe they felt it was someone who had been watching and/or stalking them for a while, saw their chance, and took it. IMO, Garber is saying, these boys were not out on some public road where anyone driving by could have seen them and grabbed them, they were out in the middle of a very rural area, so it implies someone local had been watching them for a while.

The POI could have been fantasizing about those boys for months because he saw them often as they rode on their bikes or played outside.

One night he is outside on a beautiful evening and there they are! No one is around. Perfect.

I think the reason for the perp being there is because he lives there or was visiting at the home oft he POI. That is what I see by the comment as to a reason that someone was out in the middle of nowhere

Whats happening in this case over the last few months i use to follow and throw my 2 cents in but it would only pop up on the thread once every so often now its all the time so whats new ?

snipped by me

I agree...need facts and evidence to solve crimes. I myself have had accurate predictions, of car accident and other things. I think we all have those capabilities to one degree or another. And they come to people in different ways. Mine tend to just "come over me" out of nowhere. I don't "see" anything, they come over me like a "knowing".

CanMan - You should read back. They've discussed several different men as being possible suspects other than DR.

I'm closely following what is coming out about the priests and saint johns abbey...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CROOKED_RIVER