MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And today we have a new priest (Rev. Francis “Fran” Hoefgen) who admitted sexually abusing a boy in Cold Spring back in 1983, and who now has a lawsuit against him for having abused a Hastings, MN boy from 1989 to 1992. Hoefgen was never charged with a crime in Stearns County because he was moved to St. Luke's Institute in MD for "priests with problems." Then he was let go and allowed to abuse again. Check out his photo at the linked article, he looks like Jared's abductor. And he was actively abusing boys during the time period of both Jared and Jacob.

"ST. PAUL — A lawsuit filed Tuesday accuses a former St. John’s Abbey priest of sexually abusing a child at a Hastings parish where he was assigned after his superiors knew he had sexually abused a boy in Cold Spring.

The Rev. Francis “Fran” Hoefgen admitted in March 1984 that he had sexually abused a boy in the St. Boniface parish residence in Cold Spring. Hoefgen was sent to St. Luke Institute in Maryland for evaluation and treatment and never was charged with a crime in Stearns County."

http://www.sctimes.com/article/2013...-s-Abbey-priest-sexually-abusing-Hastings-boy

Please keep hammering St John's abbey with lawsuits. They have to crack and give up some info about Jacob or Josh G.

I think with all these priests names coming out now, more and more victims are going to come forward. Hopefully it will all tie together and Jacob and Josh's cases can be solved.

Some of the locals must have known what was going on around them.

Please keep hammering St John's abbey with lawsuits. They have to crack and give up some info about Jacob or Josh G.

I would imagine that would be some kind of pressure to give up that info. Seems the lid would be blown off the top. Hopefully so.

I think with all these priests names coming out now, more and more victims are going to come forward. Hopefully it will all tie together and Jacob and Josh's cases can be solved.

Some of the locals must have known what was going on around them.

Seems way back in the threads someone(ELOCsoul?) stated that alot of the locals were suspicious of the Abbey. It could be that 'something in the air' feeling but nobody actually has the goods on it.

Seems way back in the threads someone(ELOCsoul?) stated that alot of the locals were suspicious of the Abbey. It could be that 'something in the air' feeling but nobody actually has the goods on it.

I think I also asked about a possible connection in thread 5, post 1004. The all black clothing had me wondering....

Sorry I can't add much. I have still been looking at tire patterns and other things to make sense of the clutter in the print pictures. I am sure of a truck or heavy car, ATC's, horses and humans. Still no information forthcoming from LE.

And today we have a new priest (Rev. Francis “Fran” Hoefgen) who admitted sexually abusing a boy in Cold Spring back in 1983, and who now has a lawsuit against him for having abused a Hastings, MN boy from 1989 to 1992. Hoefgen was never charged with a crime in Stearns County because he was moved to St. Luke's Institute in MD for "priests with problems." Then he was let go and allowed to abuse again. Check out his photo at the linked article, he looks like Jared's abductor. And he was actively abusing boys during the time period of both Jared and Jacob.

"ST. PAUL — A lawsuit filed Tuesday accuses a former St. John’s Abbey priest of sexually abusing a child at a Hastings parish where he was assigned after his superiors knew he had sexually abused a boy in Cold Spring.

The Rev. Francis “Fran” Hoefgen admitted in March 1984 that he had sexually abused a boy in the St. Boniface parish residence in Cold Spring. Hoefgen was sent to St. Luke Institute in Maryland for evaluation and treatment and never was charged with a crime in Stearns County."

http://www.sctimes.com/article/2013...-s-Abbey-priest-sexually-abusing-Hastings-boy

It just blows me away. He looks so friendly and cheerful. Ugh

I think I also asked about a possible connection in thread 5, post 1004. The all black clothing had me wondering....

Sorry I can't add much. I have still been looking at tire patterns and other things to make sense of the clutter in the print pictures. I am sure of a truck or heavy car, ATC's, horses and humans. Still no information forthcoming from LE.

Trackergd......'ATC'...would that be All Terrain Cycle(like an ATV) or is there an ATC which is like a small motorhome?

Trackergd......'ATC'...would that be All Terrain Cycle(like an ATV) or is there an ATC which is like a small motorhome?

ATC is All Terrain Cycle - The three wheeler's the Sheriff Department was using during the search. I could see them on the video.

maybe a naive question as I don't have all of the history but am wondering.... how many missing people are there in the St Joseph area from the 1980's to present? I am aware obviously of Jacob + Josh....is there any other individuals?

maybe a naive question as I don't have all of the history but am wondering.... how many missing people are there in the St Joseph area from the 1980's to present? I am aware obviously of Jacob + Josh....is there any other individuals?

Currently missing in MN:
https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/bca/bc...ative/Pages/missing-unidentified-persons.aspx

The only others from our area are Ronnie Leo Bromenschenkel who went missing in 1986 along with Cynthia Mae Schmidt. Cynthia & Ronnie were last seen at Riverview Trailer Court in St. Cloud, MN on August 6, 1986. Cynthia disappeared with Ronnie Leo Bromenschenkel. Prior to their disappearance, both were involved in a money laundering scheme which may have been a factor in their disappearance. Investigators believe foul play is suspected. Neither have been seen or heard from since that time.

(Interesting side note, Rita Rassier (DR's mom) was a Bromenschenkel before she married.)

The POI could have been fantasizing about those boys for months because he saw them often as they rode on their bikes or played outside.

One night he is outside on a beautiful evening and there they are! No one is around. Perfect.

I think the reason for the perp being there is because he lives there or was visiting at the home oft he POI. That is what I see by the comment as to a reason that someone was out in the middle of nowhere
ITA. The FBI believes that sexual sickos start out close to their home or work location when they first begin their crimes. They start near their home or work because they are most comfortable there.

Currently missing in MN:
https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/bca/bc...ative/Pages/missing-unidentified-persons.aspx

The only others from our area are Ronnie Leo Bromenschenkel who went missing in 1986 along with Cynthia Mae Schmidt. Cynthia & Ronnie were last seen at Riverview Trailer Court in St. Cloud, MN on August 6, 1986. Cynthia disappeared with Ronnie Leo Bromenschenkel. Prior to their disappearance, both were involved in a money laundering scheme which may have been a factor in their disappearance. Investigators believe foul play is suspected. Neither have been seen or heard from since that time.

(Interesting side note, Rita Rassier (DR's mom) was a Bromenschenkel before she married.)
Noooo way. That is really interesting especially considering how Rita acted towards LE when they came to dig up her burn pit. (She, bizarrely, had to be restrained.) Why go ballistic over LE digging up a burn pit? It wasn't like LE was digging up her prize orchids!

Currently missing in MN:

shergal...you are amazing in your quick retrieval of info. I think I've seen this Bromenschenkel connection before in a previous thread of the Rassier family tree. Hmmmm....

WHAT, if any, is the connection between Jacob Wetterling(1989) and Josh Guimond(2002)?

Currently missing in MN:

looking through your link of missing persons....Jacob is just one of many....very non-descript....how did all of these people disappear? If this plethora of people have mysteriously vanished, how does Jacob fit into this?

looking through your link of missing persons....Jacob is just one of many....very non-descript....how did all of these people disappear? If this plethora of people have mysteriously vanished, how does Jacob fit into this?
I don't think he does fit into these other missing people cases. You have to read each description for every single missing person. Then google their name. Their cases are extremely varied. Many are runaways. Others had very "interesting" :cough cough: friends or parents. Some are thought to have been abducted by a parent. There are not any missing children cases similar to Jacob's.

Currently missing in MN:

I wish LE would release how many pounds of bones were found in the Rassier's burn pit. Is there a thread on Websleuths for Ronnie Bromenschenkel (relative of Rita Rassier)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CROOKED_RIVER