MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I talked to the Sheriff Department. They declined to share.

Any reason given Tracker? Was it just that they thought perhaps you were not really a professional or something? If we kept insisting on it... or getting Patty or someone to advocate for it, do you think ti might help them finally agree to it?

That could only work if the person had a car phone as well because I am sure any incoming or outgoing phone calls were checked.

Weren't car phones of limited distance and very expensive as well?

At the time, the phone my sister had worked just fine all over our major city. As for the expense, no idea - probably too young to care.

Ok, so lets review for a second here --

The kids called Patty initially at the party to get consent, and she declined to give it. So then the kids wait a minute then call back and get Jerry who relents and sends them on their way.

So what if there really was someone at that party who realized the kids were home along that evening? COuld somoene have been on their way to the family home to choose their victim? Was it just coincidence then that they happened upon the boys at the end of DR's driveway????

who is making things up on this thread human?

I have no way of knowing if anyone is.

Just letting people know that there are so many crazies out there and missing kids are not exempt from the crazies

That blog has been mentioned here a few times. What statement are you referring to?

The one about Jared's assailant becoming upset that he was late for an appointment or meeting at the bar!!

That bar still exists. Can any locals tell me about it?

The one about Jared's assailant becoming upset that he was late for an appointment or meeting at the bar!!

I remember the bar being talked about here. I'm not a local to the area, so maybe someone who is can shed more light on it.

In Jared's case, an appointment at the bar may have meant he was a live musician if they had live bands playing at the time? Jared reached his home around 11:30pm and was dropped about 2 miles from home according to info at the link noted up thread. That may for with a band member needing to be at a gig around 10:00/10.30 pm. The perp drove what was described as a fairly decent car -- no mention of it being in disrepair etc... No mention of if it was dirty etc.... Makes me wonder.

Less literally, maybe Jared's perp was meeting someone in the parking lot rather than IN the building? This just seems huge!

In Jared's case, an appointment at the bar may have meant he was a live musician if they had live bands playing at the time? Jared reached his home around 11:30pm and was dropped about 2 miles from home according to info at the link noted up thread. That may for with a band member needing to be at a gig around 10:00/10.30 pm. The perp drove what was described as a fairly decent car -- no mention of it being in disrepair etc... No mention of if it was dirty etc.... Makes me wonder.

They did and still do have live bands at the Carpet. But they used to start at 9 or earlier. The bars used to close at midnight back then. I haven't been there in several years, but back in 1989 that was still the case. (And I was there a LOT when I was younger.) The abductor could have been meeting someone at the bar for any number of things. About a job, drug buy, meeting a friend?

I've always thought it was odd that the abductor would say that at all. Why would you tell your victim where you were going next? What if Jared had sent cops there right away? Or gone with them to identify the guy? (Although I'm sure he was too upset to do that.)

The bar was called The Red Carpet, it was a restaurant also (the special that night was steak and shrimp for $7.95 by the way). Locals knew it as "The Carpet." And yes, it's still open. (I'm not a local by the way)

As far as the perp being serious about going to The Red Carpet - I would be astonished if that were not a diversion by the perp. Doesn't make sense that he would give himself up like that.

I wonder if he said it as just a comment to himself and said it out loud without really thinking about it. Maybe he figured since Jared was just a kid, he probably wouldn't even know what he was talking about. Whatever the reason, he still risked Jared telling someone.

The bar was called The Red Carpet, it was a restaurant also (the special that night was steak and shrimp for $7.95 by the way). Locals knew it as "The Carpet." And yes, it's still open. (I'm not a local by the way)

As far as the perp being serious about going to The Red Carpet - I would be astonished if that were not a diversion by the perp. Doesn't make sense that he would give himself up like that.

So maybe we need to clarify - did he actually call it the red carpet? Or did he call it the carpet? It may indicate whether or not he was a local if locals called it the carpet. If he said the red carpet then I would think he may be less familiar with the area and night scene overall. He may even have just said it out loud as in mumbling to himself. But he seemed to know where to go to drive out of the area to conduct the attack and how to get the victim within 2 miles of his home. He probably didn't have a GPS in his car at the time ((?) so he had to be somewhat familiar with the area. Sighhhh.

Any reason given Tracker? Was it just that they thought perhaps you were not really a professional or something? If we kept insisting on it... or getting Patty or someone to advocate for it, do you think ti might help them finally agree to it?

I offered to send them a packet of credentials including my certificates. I was told it was an ongoing investigation and they were not permitted to share information.

What I am concerned about is that the crime scene was so heavily contaminated that some of the evidence may have been damaged to the point of not being admissible and I would wonder about a chain of custody at this point in time.

If photographs are provided at some point, I still would be glad to review them and see if I could "pick the fly p**p out of the pepper" as it were.

Jared's case: "appointment at the Red Carpet".... could it have just been that he had someone to meet in that general area even????

THEORY:
Have we already considered that DR may well have seen / heard the kids coming up the road from his window... and picked up the phone / cb radio and notified someone that if they went up that way, they would shortly come back that way?

THEORY:
Have we already considered that DR may well have seen / heard the kids coming up the road from his window... and picked up the phone / cb radio and notified someone that if they went up that way, they would shortly come back that way?

I would wonder about the CB radio as the chances of being overheard by others on the channel might be too great. Back in that day lots of folks monitored a number of channels and what folks thought were private conversations ended up not being...such as cheating spouses etc... With the limited range, most folks would have known the persons talking...more notably in rural areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo