MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A man who parks his vehicle 50 yards down someone elses gravel driveway doesn't get away with this crime. All tire tracks as of 2004, accounted for.

When the kids do look back they would see or hear the vehicle leaving. Neither happened. I have been to the location and understand this.

Human says the dogs don't hit on animals so its obvious our killer will be brought to justice any day now.

That is a strange story ELOC.

They left on bikes. So how far did they go that a ten year old girl could find them. And when did she notice.

The LE did interview someone, so it must have happened, but it seems hard to believe. And what kind of bike did a four year old have? It is unusual for a four year old to be riding a two wheeler bike.

Strange story

The boy was apparently in the apartment parking lot prior to the abduction attempt. The mother noticed her son was missing and began knocking on neighborhood doors looking for him. The boy's sister took off on her bike looking for him. She spot him with the man, grabbed her brother and brought him home.

Then the man went to a nearby park and sat on a bench. A neighbor who had seen the man with the boy questioned the man about it. The man told the neighbor he had found the boy at Hester Park by the Mississippi River, a half mile away, and brought him home. The man then fled on his bike upon further questioning.

The mother indicated her son could never had gone that far on his own.

That man was in his late 20's to early 30's, was about 5' 9" tall, had long brown hair and wore an earring.

So no id of the man? But how could a ten year old get the boy from someone who did want to kidnap him?

The guy went and sat on a bench? The whole story is too too strange.

Agree. I think that chest may have once held Jacob, but this is only my opinion. I think a cadaver dog hit on it, then they tested and found blood or other bodily fluids, but the testing of that was inconclusive. I'm basing this on what DR said in his TV interviews after the search. I think DR has done very well in most of his recent interviews, but showed some deception when talking about the chest.

I think it's obvious it had to be a cadaver dog. Why else bring dogs from Louisiana after 20-some years if not really good cadaver dogs.

Random other thoughts, for trackerd or anyone else: Do you think or know if LE made a mistake and drove up DR's driveway the night of the abduction? From Kevin's story, it's clear they didn't secure the site right away. I can imagine them not knowing how serious of a case the call was going to turn out to be and just sending some officers to drive over there. I probably would have made such a dumb move myself--just drove right over to check things out. That could have obscured a lot of footprints and other tracks, right?

Also, if Feeney had an old police car, could he have been involved and used the car, but his tracks were taken for police car tracks?

We know Feeney was in the area. And Kevin's story includes meeting a self-proclaimed "medical cop" at Tom Thumb.

If a cadaver dog hit on the chest, they would do more testing and identify scientifically that it is human blood. But, there probably is no way at this time to identify whose blood.

What possible reason would there be to have cadaver smell on a chest? How many people do you know that have cadaver smell on a chest? It does not happen instantly. The body has to be there long enough to give off the cells. That is what I have read. But I do not know except what I read on the internet. Lol

So no id of the man? But how could a ten year old get the boy from someone who did want to kidnap him?

The guy went and sat on a bench? The whole story is too too strange.

The man was identified because someone saw and reported his license plate number. Police questioned the man, but didn't charge him. The assistant police chief was on vacation when this happened. The investigating officer didn't even notify him upon his return. The assistant chief learned about the incident when questioned by a St. Joseph Newsleader reporter.

The man was identified because someone saw and reported his license plate number. Police questioned the man, but didn't charge him. The assistant police chief was on vacation when this happened. The investigating officer didn't even notify him upon his return. The assistant chief learned about the incident when questioned by a St. Joseph Newsleader reporter.

So how did a reporter from St. Joe hear about this story? Strange.

It doesn't really sound like anything related to Jacob if the guy who took him was only 20-30. It's just so strange we never heard about this living here.

The boy was apparently in the apartment parking lot prior to the abduction attempt. The mother noticed her son was missing and began knocking on neighborhood doors looking for him. The boy's sister took off on her bike looking for him. She spot him with the man, grabbed her brother and brought him home.

Then the man went to a nearby park and sat on a bench. A neighbor who had seen the man with the boy questioned the man about it. The man told the neighbor he had found the boy at Hester Park by the Mississippi River, a half mile away, and brought him home. The man then fled on his bike upon further questioning.

That man was in his late 20's to early 30's, was about 5' 9" tall, had long brown hair and wore an earring.

Hester park is a very public place right near St. cloud Hospital, the abduction theory may not be making sense. The fact this guy fled on a bike and was in his early 20's could possibly just be a friendly person playing "big brother" to this kid. Did thd kid ever give account of foul play?

This abduction attempt was not related to Jacob's, but it is a reminder that kind of activity was happening in the area and was largely ignored.

The alleged abduction attempt took place on the 1200 block of 15th St North in St. Cloud, on July 13, 1989. A man enticed a 4 year old boy away from his apartment and tried to take him away in his car. He offered the boy a soda if he would take a ride with him. They left the apartment building area on bikes. The boy's 10 year old sister went out looking for her brother and found him with the man, as he was loading the boy's bike into his car.

The man was found, but was not charged because he hadn't given the boy anything to ingest, hadn't assaulted him, and the boy was not beaten or harmed

St. Cloud police admitted to "blowing" the investigation.

Source - December 8, 1989 St. Joseph Newsleader

This makes no sense as later you say that the man fled on his bike after talking to the neighbor. So where is the car?

So here he is on a bike but no car?

This makes no sense as later you say that the man fled on his bike after talking to the neighbor. So where is the car?

The article itself is a little confusing. Apparently the man lived in an adjacent apartment complex. He had both a car and a bike.

The mother was very upset that the man wasn't charged. Most likely she contacted the newspaper. I would post a copy of the article but we're not allowed to do that.

I was thnking about this.

Let's say you have a trunk. Why would you say that it has blood on it? How would you know when you do not know where the trunk came from?

Old blood is not a red stain. It could be anything. Strange

do you think that LE is withholding information found because they haven't tied the evidence to a suspect or because they didn't find anything related to Jacob? You would think that they would publicly release information about any evidence of Jacob found. It could have been DR, a friend or a relative of his who stashed something on his property.

Think of Casey Anthony and the evidence LE had. It was amazing what came out at trial. LE needs a lot to go to trial.

DR is a POI for reasons we do not know. It is totally likely that it is not because he did it, but rather that he knows information that he is not giving out.

I am not sure what info LE could give to the public that would make a difference. They have said DR is a POI so the public can give info related to that. Friends, relatives, acquaintances of the POI. What information could the public provide if they knew what exactly?

Let us say that LE found a trunk with human death indications on it. What does that tell you? Somebody died in that trunk. They do not know who.

I believe the case against DR is fairly strong right now. Thus is why we dont know much about the searches, thus is why law enforcement asked him to confess, and thus is why patty met with him face to face after 20 years and asked him to confess as well.

I am still meditating about that trunk. Why would DR say there is blood on it? He said he did not know where it came from, yet he knew there was blood on it. What sense does that make except to make a preemptive strike to explain why dogs would hit on it.

I am still meditating about that trunk. Why would DR say there is blood on it? He said he did not know where it came from, yet he knew there was blood on it. What sense does that make except to make a preemptive strike to explain why dogs would hit on it.

Where is this info of the dogs hitting on blood? I know nothing about that.

do you think that LE is withholding information found because they haven't tied the evidence to a suspect or because they didn't find anything related to Jacob? You would think that they would publicly release information about any evidence of Jacob found. It could have been DR, a friend or a relative of his who stashed something on his property.

Speaking of a possible friend / relative...has anyone discussed this man on here before? See link below. I haven't had time to dig into it yet and it looks like he was arrested for a DWI or DUI in October of last year. In 1989 he would have fit the age on the FBI profile also.

http://www.mnbusted.com/locations/minnesota/stearns-county/21418464

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members