MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel went to europe in 1984, when his parents go again in 1989 without him, dan is at this point-alone, jealous, and bored. He is 34 years old and single and all of a sudden his epic music collection isnt so great anymore. He begins talking to himself in the mirror, realizing his permament speech impediment has deemed him a failure for life. He goes out running to make himself feel better, while running dan is on top of the world and invincible. Its getting late and as he gets back near the farm he lies down in a patch of weeds and just lies there staring up at the sky, the sun is setting. All of a sudden three boys on bikes can be heard coming up the road, dan is incognito and starts to tactically follow them, he loses them and decides a better opportunity to scare them can be had on their return. He sprints back to the farm quick and gets the gun and his moms nylons for a mask. He goes back and sets up shop in the ditch, the boys are on their way back. He plays a game of whats your age, run or i will shoot, until only jacob is left. He takes jacob by the elbow and starts bringing him down the driveway before daniel realizes his first mistake-they are leaving their footprints. Daniel at this point carries jacob and long steps it through the grass and patch of woods and into the house.

I will not continue my story past this point, because it is just very bad.

Note- this story is my opinion only.

I think Daniel has told some truths. He did a lot of running that day and he saw flashlights by the woodpile. I think he was walking up from his run past his wood pile when he saw the flashlights in the distance, he ran down across from the mailbox and hid while the boys went by. Had enough time to grab his mom's black pantyhose, a gun (or pipe), moves his car up around the curve of the driveway so he can pull Jacob in to continue up the driveway with his catch. He has seen these boys before and knows where they live. He and only he knows that nobody is going to surprise him while he commits this act on his own driveway. Who else would take that risk on a driveway or what appears to be a road? Who else would know for sure that nobody will be traveling down that driveway? Daniel had an interview in his home with the local news station. As he talked to the reporter, he stated that his mother doesn't even own black pantyhose...as they walked by the bathroom, there were black pantyhose hanging there. Did his mother place them there on purpose to try to get her son arrested? I bet she is terrified of him and he knows it which is why he still lives there. Watching and making sure they don't do anything to get him in trouble. In my opinion, his parents know he did it but are too scared that he may do something to them. Was there evidence in the outbuilding that conveniently burned down? And let's always remember that DR was named POI once Kevin's tire tracks were ID'd. That means no other car was involved and the perp either used a car that was already on the property or walked. My opinion only.

Speaking of a possible friend / relative...has anyone discussed this man on here before? See link below. I haven't had time to dig into it yet and it looks like he was arrested for a DWI or DUI in October of last year. In 1989 he would have fit the age on the FBI profile also.

http://www.mnbusted.com/locations/minnesota/stearns-county/21418464

This Michael Rassier is NOT DR's brother. DR's brother Michael joined the Peace Corps in 1989 and has been in Ecuador ever since (except for a few visits home.) You can view DR's brother through DR's fb.

Very nice Hey You! I agree with alot of your points. The addition of daniel using his own car is a great examination.

I think Daniel has told some truths. He did a lot of running that day and he saw flashlights by the woodpile. I think he was walking up from his run past his wood pile when he saw the flashlights in the distance, he ran down across from the mailbox and hid while the boys went by. Had enough time to grab his mom's black pantyhose, a gun (or pipe), moves his car up around the curve of the driveway so he can pull Jacob in to continue up the driveway with his catch. He has seen these boys before and knows where they live. He and only he knows that nobody is going to surprise him while he commits this act on his own driveway. Who else would take that risk on a driveway or what appears to be a road? Who else would know for sure that nobody will be traveling down that driveway? Daniel had an interview in his home with the local news station. As he talked to the reporter, he stated that his mother doesn't even own black pantyhose...as they walked by the bathroom, there were black pantyhose hanging there. Did his mother place them there on purpose to try to get her son arrested? I bet she is terrified of him and he knows it which is why he still lives there. Watching and making sure they don't do anything to get him in trouble. In my opinion, his parents know he did it but are too scared that he may do something to them. Was there evidence in the outbuilding that conveniently burned down? And let's always remember that DR was named POI once Kevin's tire tracks were ID'd. That means no other car was involved and the perp either used a car that was already on the property or walked. My opinion only.

JMO, but I doubt DR's parents are "afraid" of him. One correction, DR was named a person of interest (POI) AFTER his home was searched in 2010, NOT in 2004. In 2004, LE just announced they were looking for someone local on foot as opposed to someone in a car.

But the problem i have with any car being used is the fact when the kids look back- no vehicle seen or heard. I have been to the area and understand that if a vehicle was started or running the soundwaves would be able to be heard.

How is it that the Wetterlings literally had no contact with Daniel for 20 years? Nor did Daniel ever contact the Wetterlings. How is that even possible? If it were my son i would be all over that farm on day one and talking to Daniel about what he saw. Its really pretty crazy if you think about it. the wetterlings honed in on a vehicle used just like the police did for 14 years.

Also, there is something wrong with the fact that the boys who were with Jacob have never approached DR or knocked on his door since the kidnapping even now as adults. Why do you think that is? And DR not immediately reaching out to the family is highly suspect, I believe it is because he feared Jacob's brother and best friend would ID him so he couldn't risk acting concerned. He acts concerned now but from a distance, why not go over the Wetterlings if you want to help find the real perp? DR wasn't named a POI until the 2000s (2004 or 2010) in any case at least 15 years and absolutely no contact from him? I think the boys who were witnesses and are now men are afraid of what they may do to DR if they came face to face with him. I believe that they know for sure which is why Patty approached DR to give him an 'out' regarding a prank or accident. She would not do that without a darn good reason. All in my opinion of course.

This Michael Rassier is NOT DR's brother. DR's brother Michael joined the Peace Corps in 1989 and has been in Ecuador ever since (except for a few visits home.) You can view DR's brother through DR's fb.

I knew this wasn't DR's brother but I'm guessing he is a relative of some sort and he lived in the area.

But the problem i have with any car being used is the fact when the kids look back- no vehicle seen or heard. I have been to the area and understand that if a vehicle was started or running the soundwaves would be able to be heard.

I'm just saying it could have been DRs vehicle parked on the curve where the boys wouldn't have seen it. Jacob's last footprint was 40 ft up the driveway near the curve. DR could have picked him up at that point and carried him straight to home, outbuilding or put him into his own vehicle around the bend If he turned the engine on, he would have left the lights off. No more than 2 minutes of car running to get up driveway and perhaps directly into garage/outbuilding out of sight. When boys looked back they would not have seen car or lights, DRs property is down a hill, no? My opinion only.

JMO, but I doubt DR's parents are "afraid" of him. One correction, DR was named a person of interest (POI) AFTER his home was searched in 2010, NOT in 2004. In 2004, LE just announced they were looking for someone local on foot as opposed to someone in a car.

I think they know something. And all the more reason that DR is highly suspect. Who else could walk away with an 11 year old unless the destination was VERY close? No car involved at all points in only 1 direction.

Actually, if DR driveway is downhill towards home and outbuildings he would only have to put car in neutral. Someone verify for me, are DR's home and outbuildings down a hill?

Actually, if DR driveway is downhill towards home and outbuildings he would only have to put car in neutral. Someone verify for me, are DR's home and outbuildings down a hill?

No, it's pretty flat.

Also Aaron Larson said that the man spoke in a low raspy voice, a voice he would never want to hear again. This tells me that the abductor was heavily disguising himself. I saw a picture of dan throwing a football on his public facebook page, football players often speak in hardened tones in the heat of the moment. Just sayin

there is a blog and info on raspy voice guy is there, its called middleamericamafia.com and very recent , its kind of " out there" and grasping on a few things but for the most part this guy DW might just be on to something.

There is a slight incline with the driveway. But the whole problem wit that driveway is the gravel, any car used on that driveway means its tracks were left. As of 2004 all tracks on the gravel, accounted for.

The article itself is a little confusing. Apparently the man lived in an adjacent apartment complex. He had both a car and a bike.

The mother was very upset that the man wasn't charged. Most likely she contacted the newspaper. I would post a copy of the article but we're not allowed to do that.

I never heard of this attempted abduction - not in the newspaper, not on the radio, not on the news, not even rumors floating about at the time. Though you apparently cannot post the link to the article you are referencing, could you per chance give us a few key words as to how you located this article so we can find it ourselves? I'm the Goddess of Google, and no matter how I put this query in I get nothing.

I also find it odd that the mother would contact the St. Joseph Newsleader, and not the St. Cloud Times? I lived in this area - actually a block from the hospital and Hester Park. Back then, the park wasn't full of activity (still today it isn't THAT popular of a park, except for the 4th of July). Hester is a bit of a ways from the location of the alleged attempted abduction - particularly for a 4 year old who, I agree, was more likely to not have been riding a two wheel bike.

I currently live on 11th ave n between Hester Park and the apartments. 10 years ago i lived at Northway Apartments, on the same block this boy was allegedly taken. In my opinion this kid was oit in the parking lot alone and a fellow older resident comes along and the boy tells him he wants to go to the park, the guy says ok follow me. And thats that. How else would you explain why the police didnt care.

Well. All I can say to that theory, Sasquatch, is there is a much closer park to the block where the boy was allegedly taken from (one major park and another smaller little neighborhood playground in an empty lot at that time) than Hester Park. Had a little 4 year old boy asked a complete stranger to take him to the park (which I highly doubt happened) from THAT location Hester Park would be an odd first choice of parks to agree to take a a little boy that asked him (a complete stranger) to take him to.

I cannot explain why the police "didn't care". My only answer is that this alleged incident didn't happen as it's portrayed because I don't care how negligent LE has been, is, or will ever be in the future, they definately would not just roll their eyes and ignore an incident such as this. It WOULD have been in the paper, on the radio, and at the VERY least, would have been some talk amongst the community about this. That just didn't happen.

Well. All I can say to that theory, Sasquatch, is there is a much closer park to the block where the boy was allegedly taken from (one major park and another smaller little neighborhood playground in an empty lot at that time) than Hester Park. Had a little 4 year old boy asked a complete stranger to take him to the park (which I highly doubt happened) from THAT location Hester Park would be an odd first choice of parks to agree to take a a little boy that asked him (a complete stranger) to take him to.

I cannot explain why the police "didn't care". My only answer is that this alleged incident didn't happen as it's portrayed because I don't care how negligent LE has been, is, or will ever be in the future, they definately would not just roll their eyes and ignore an incident such as this. It WOULD have been in the paper, on the radio, and at the VERY least, would have been some talk amongst the community about this. That just didn't happen.

In the article the police apologized profusely for mishandling the incident. I'll see if I can figure a way to post the article

There is a slight incline with the driveway. But the whole problem wit that driveway is the gravel, any car used on that driveway means its tracks were left. As of 2004 all tracks on the gravel, accounted for.

I saw the interview with DR on his property, there is an incline. And his tire tracks would already be there since he lives there. Wouldn't raise any flags...he drives on his driveway all the time. That's why no unknown tire tracks. He could have just carried him.

So Hey You, how do you think it worked. Jacob walked along and then??? He was put into a car or carried ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist