MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caoutchouc, going back to Shay's comment, if this K+K story were kind of like the story of Alice in Wonderland; if it were an LE ruse, what might be some strategies behind it? The problem I see with it is that the result was to direct attention to a local on foot and away from a car. It seems like they'd be pushing the limits of common sense and misconduct to direct all this attention deliberately to DR if they knew it was someone in a car, yes?

If the locals are confused about it, something's up, imo. In a small town it should have been quickly deduced who it was and that should have propagated across the town.

~ svh

Right, well, here's where we need to jump in our Deloreans and make like Marty McFly.

On the night of 22 Oct 1989: no computers, no fax machines...not even an episode of Law and Order.

So are we talking about a ruse then or now (by now I mean 2004 when K+K came forward-present)?
If we focus on now (that is to say LE invented the K+K ruse in 2004), we should look at politics in 2004/2010 and why LE may have decided to make an attempt to "smoke 'em out".

I'll think this through a bit more (on my hoverboard)

Add: ps:
Great Scott! How did I not think of this before? Patty Wetterling ran for Representative in 2004. THE SAME YEAR "K+K" came forward.

I'm not accusing Mrs. Wetterling of wrongdoing, but that's interesting...

Staying focused leads to sexual predation? Lance Armstrong and Michael Jordan must be pedophiles.

We need to be careful when attributing blanket statements. Just because a guy has a immaculate wood pile and is focused when he runs it doesn't mean he's capable of being a sexual predator.
Perhaps the reader is taking it out of context. I wrote that because he is strong in the mind. Marathon runners get in the zone to make it to the finish line. Just because he didn't act out with a student does not mean he isn't a predator. Again with the woodpile...

No, this is a current map. None of those newer homes, or 18th ave., were there in 1989. But I believe Baker Street (and part of dale Street) were there.

Ok. I think we were talking about the part of Baker Street that is on the other side of 16th, not the Tom Thumb side. Was that part of Baker Street there?

No, this is a current map. None of those newer homes, or 18th ave., were there in 1989. But I believe Baker Street (and part of dale Street) were there.

So, Shergal, it sounds like its a little nebulous as to whether he was being truthful? He could have meant the road further north and have thought of this as "behind"?

~ svh

I am not meaning to be rude but this is sick. That mother has suffered enough!! Without this!!

She has done more for sexually abused children than the rest of us put together

Sory but this upset me and does nothing for solving not only Jacobs case but also Jerrods. Patty has devoted her life making sure what happened to Jacob does not happen to my grandchildren or your children.

I don't think he/she is saying the mother did anything wrong, they're just pointing out that political events at the time could have influenced someone to come forward or had an effect some other way. That was how I read it anyway,

~ svh

So, Shergal, it sounds like its a little nebulous as to whether he was being truthful? He could have meant the road further north and have thought of this as "behind"?

~ svh

Yes, I think to a local, any roads back there would have been "behind" the Del-Win to him because it was all open land. It's been a long time since the Del-Win was there, but i recall a lot of dirt roads to get back there and into their parking lot. I went there a couple times for wedding receptions.

So I wouldn't think that was an intentional lie, but that's just MO.

Ok. I think we were talking about the part of Baker Street that is on the other side of 16th, not the Tom Thumb side. Was that part of Baker Street there?

From what I recall - it was 25 years ago - Minnesota street just sort of wrapped around by Tom Thumb and turned into Baker Street. I don't really know when they added that "Lancet Road" name in between.

I'm more familiar with the downtown area of St. Joe (from 4th of July festivals) than with back roads. I live about 8-10 miles east of St. Joe. So I'm no expert on which roads were added and when. ;)

Can you narrate? Where is the Del Wyn in that photo? If it is what I think it is there is no way there was a back way "by" the Del Wyn, no?

~ svh

Left edge of the picture in the middle. Square building with parking lot surrounded by fields.

Ifollowthis, I'm sorry I upset you. Perhaps I could've stated this better.

Mrs. Wetterling has my utmost respect and Jacob has had an impact on my life since the day this happened. I'm trying to uncover facts and try and help solve the mystery.

Again, I'm not accusing Mrs. Wetterling of anything. I'm simply pointing out that she was thrust back in the spotlight when running for office...and then finally, finally this "Kevin" comes forward with answers?
Did he see her on tv and feel guilty? Does he truly exist?

But, my apologies. My goal is not to upset people and I could've stated this better

I am so sorry, I thought you meant that Patty manufactured the Kevin coming forward to get in the news around her campaign time, so sorry that I miss understood.

Sine there has been so much discussion about the "woodpile" I rechecked some of the previous statements attributed to DR that might be of interest (all from the
Esme Murphy interview)

Rassier says he called 911 when his dog woke him up and he saw flashlights by his woodpile. He thought someone was stealing wood.

He (DR) says investigators not only told him they had the audio but that in the call he sounded suspicious. He said a BCA agent told him, “they are saying you were way too nervous, way too upset to be concerned about some wood being stolen.

Rassier also told Wetterling where he thought a body could be hidden on his property.
“The person in the area who probably did this could have taken Jacob’s body and hidden it in our gravel pit,” Rassier told Patty Wetterling.

wood.http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/...est-goes-through-day-of-wetterling-abduction/

Does anyone know where the gravel pit is in relation to the woodpile?

http://www.joybaker.com/wp-content/2013/04/Image-6.jpg

The del win is at the top of this photo from 1987. Can someone figure out if the "back road" aka Baker Street is there in '87?

Here's a better angle from 1989 looking from the North. There does appear to be a road winding back behind the Del-Win and coming out to 95th.

overview.jpg

Left edge of the picture in the middle. Square building with parking lot surrounded by fields.

Yep, it's way out there. Well, there must have been an access road to it. Sometimes when people think of a place they think of the address, or where the access road connects to the street. I can't tell what he meant, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. It would be different if he named a road that didn't exist.

~ svh

Sorry, I didn't realize you had already posted this picture. The Del-Win is the big white rectangle on the left in the center.

Sine there has been so much discussion about the "woodpile" I rechecked some of the previous statements attributed to DR that might be of interest (all from the
Esme Murphy interview)

Rassier says he called 911 when his dog woke him up and he saw flashlights by his woodpile. He thought someone was stealing wood.

He (DR) says investigators not only told him they had the audio but that in the call he sounded suspicious. He said a BCA agent told him, “they are saying you were way too nervous, way too upset to be concerned about some wood being stolen.

Rassier also told Wetterling where he thought a body could be hidden on his property.
“The person in the area who probably did this could have taken Jacob’s body and hidden it in our gravel pit,” Rassier told Patty Wetterling.

wood.http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/...est-goes-through-day-of-wetterling-abduction/

Does anyone know where the gravel pit is in relation to the woodpile?

Just did a quick search in the forums and didn't see anything. Anyone know?

~ svh

This is an off the wall thought that just crossed my mind. RB and MB had to know TH, the B'sgrew up at least part of their young life in Paynesville. The B's grandparents, the H's and DAHs grandparents were all close neighbors just outside of Paynesville. They were close to the same age as TH, and maybe of a similar social strata, I believe that they may be relatives though maybe only through marriage on RBsr mother's side of the family. It appears there was possible molestation going on in both families and people that are molested as kids sometimes become molesters themselves.

Could TH and the Bs been together at the party spot behind the woods and across the road from DRs and they abducted Jacob and then they tried to pin it on LK? Although the tapes have been discounted there is always some kernel of truth in every lie.

I do believe also that RB sr worked for the father of one of DRs Sister in laws not that has anything to do with anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz