MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 sets of prints is my opinion only....attached is a scan of the screenshot where I've circled what appear to my eyes as 2 separate sets of footprints.

http://saintautumn.wordpress.com/

Watching Sasquatch's link of the KARE videos it's obvious there are much better images of the tracks + footprints.

If Jacob had been pulled into the car that left the tracks, wouldn't the car have had to stop, making the tracks look less continuous? Or maybe we just can't tell from the pics.

Glad about the media attention, just wish there could be more comprehensive reporting. But maybe it will shake something loose.

Is there a set of the abductors footprints? Why have I not heard of any other footprints except Jacob's last dug in one? Any theories? They had to walk on the dirt briefly, do you think the perp had something to brush away the prints or was he walking in a way that maybe he shuffled his prints away?

IDK...no opinion. Just noticed the outlines and the different texture within the outlines. The 2 outlines (one to the left and one to the lower right appear to have a striated sole(similar to a combat boot) while the 2 middle prints (which I assume to be Jacob's) have a flat texture with some smaller detail in the middle of the print more like a running shoe. Wish we could see a longer section of the road as one sees in the KARE news story.

If Jacob had been pulled into the car that left the tracks, wouldn't the car have had to stop, making the tracks look less continuous? Or maybe we just can't tell from the pics.

Glad about the media attention, just wish there could be more comprehensive reporting. But maybe it will shake something loose.

Yes. ELOCsoul already mentioned that earlier in that the track appears to be Kevin's and it's going right by the footprints-non stop as it were. What I can't figure out is why there isn't more prints going beyond this particular location.

I just turned on the news and Jared is talking about his abduction and Joy Baker's blog was mentioned. It wasn't much but there was a request for tips. It's good to have the Jacob's story still in the news. Hopefully someone will come forward. It's been far too many years and someone must know something.

2 sets of prints is my opinion only....attached is a scan of the screenshot where I've circled what appear to my eyes as 2 separate sets of footprints.

http://saintautumn.wordpress.com/

Watching Sasquatch's link of the KARE videos it's obvious there are much better images of the tracks + footprints.

I have seen some much better pictures of the prints, however they are badly contaminated by ATV tire prints and horse shoe prints from the searchers.

There are some prints in where you circled, but what look like heal prints are actually horse shoe prints over tire prints when you look at the better pictures.

I am not getting much good information from the videos. The pictures I looked at for Joy's blog (that have not been posted yet) have more information.

Shergal directed me to a particular video and it has answered some questions for me.

1. The tire print pattern I could not identify was the Red Honda ATV being used by the Sheriffs Department.

2. The print next to the tire tread print is deeper at the front than the back, and there is mounding on both sides, but no cracking in the mounds. The individual was leaning or being pulled forwards towards the vehicle. There is no forward force as there would have been a "plate" under the ball of the foot (a detached round compacted section pushed back).

That particular print line stops at the vehicle tread marks. Had they continued, I would see some evidence, even if a car or ATV had ridden over them.

If that particular print was 100% identified to be Jacobs, then he either got in or was forced into a vehicle. That particular print does not have a "stutter" showing resistance or hesitation. The tire track is a standard sedan ribbed pattern.

Hope this helps!

Just speculating...

JW seems to be the only boy who was with others when the abduction took place. Was the perp desperate?

JW also seems to be the one boy, assuming the Cold Spring and Paynesville abductions are related, who was not allowed to go free. Why? Did J somehow recognize the perp?

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Minnesota/Unsorted-MN/Timothy-John-Huber.64554040.html

If you take a look of this mugshot picture of TH, you can see similarities to the sketch of Jared's abductor, I think. Wide chin, distinctive philtrum, small upper lip, and large ears, distintive brow.The hair in some of the his pictures covered his ears this one gives you a good look at the ears. Disclaimer, I am not ruling him in our anyone else out.

I'm sure this has been asked and answered a million times already, does anyone know what personal vehicles DR and his family drove at the time of the abduction?

Shergal directed me to a particular video and it has answered some questions for me.

1. The tire print pattern I could not identify was the Red Honda ATV being used by the Sheriffs Department.

2. The print next to the tire tread print is deeper at the front than the back, and there is mounding on both sides, but no cracking in the mounds. The individual was leaning or being pulled forwards towards the vehicle. There is no forward force as there would have been a "plate" under the ball of the foot (a detached round compacted section pushed back).

That particular print line stops at the vehicle tread marks. Had they continued, I would see some evidence, even if a car or ATV had ridden over them.

If that particular print was 100% identified to be Jacobs, then he either got in or was forced into a vehicle. That particular print does not have a "stutter" showing resistance or hesitation. The tire track is a standard sedan ribbed pattern.

Hope this helps!

Tracker,

Can you see anything that would indicate a vehicle stopping and / or starting to move again. I would think there would be such indications if a car were parked there.

Tracker,

Can you see anything that would indicate a vehicle stopping and / or starting to move again. I would think there would be such indications if a car were parked there.

If the car stopped slowly and started off again without accelerating hard, you might not be able to tell depending on the soil conditions. I was looking to see if there was a "dip" or impression where the four tires sat for some period of time before the vehicle moved again. If they exist, they appear to be out of frame.

If the vehicle had accelerated, there would have been a "blow out" or "spin out" behind both rear tires where dirt and debris would have been thrown out and a pronounced "dip".

I could probably tell if I were there in person and did a couple of tests under the same weather conditions.

Again, we are working from pictures and it's not the same as looking at the evidence in person and being able to put your nose in the dirt and read "sign".

I have seen some much better pictures of the prints, however they are badly contaminated by ATV tire prints and horse shoe prints from the searchers.

There are some prints in where you circled, but what look like heal prints are actually horse shoe prints over tire prints when you look at the better pictures.

I am not getting much good information from the videos. The pictures I looked at for Joy's blog (that have not been posted yet) have more information.

Thanks for the clarification. Doesn't surprise me as the striated markings on the left of the picture were parallel to the outline which didn't make sense. It appears there could be layer upon layer of info if that tire track is beneath the horseprint. Also, the pics available may be after LE already investigated but I'm not sure. I don't have a lot of faith that the crime scene was preserved very well.

Thanks for the clarification. Doesn't surprise me as the striated markings on the left of the picture were parallel to the outline which didn't make sense. It appears there could be layer upon layer of info if that tire track is beneath the horseprint. Also, the pics available may be after LE already investigated but I'm not sure. I don't have a lot of faith that the crime scene was preserved very well.

RBBM

I have a suspicion that when the FBI arrived they probably found a contaminated crime scene and were not able to develop much more information other than the plaster casts and photographs taken by the Sheriffs Department. And somewhat worse, there are far better materials to take a cast with than plaster as it does not pick up all the fine details. I use a thin mix of a dental material called "yellow dental stone" or alginate.

What about all of the plaster casts of the fiootprints that you can see in the video?

Whose footprints are those?

Seeing this footage tells me there is a lot of footage we have not seen but is there

One thing we could gain from the footprints and the possibility of a vehicle used is that Jacob entered the vehicle from the side, he wasn't put into the trunk or into the back of a van.

based on the footprint, if it is no doubt Jacob's, to me it looks like he did get into a vehicle from a side door like you said sasquatch. I am not sure how LE came to the conclusion that a vehicle was not used. especially if the crime scene was contaminated.

It asks the question, how was the abductor able to contain Jacob if he was put into the backseat? Does it suggest another person in the vehicle to subdue him? Does it suggest the locks of the back doors were taken out? How does Jacob not escape when the vehicle makes various stops? How do they get out of Saint Joe and down the highways without an eye witness account?

It asks the question, how was the abductor able to contain Jacob if he was put into the backseat? Does it suggest another person in the vehicle to subdue him? Does it suggest the locks of the back doors were taken out? How does Jacob not escape when the vehicle makes various stops? How do they get out of Saint Joe and down the highways without an eye witness account?

He was an 11 year old kid with a gun pointed at him. I'm sure he was scared to death and got into the car as he was told. I've always believed in teh vehicle theory, even after LE dismissed it. It just doesn't make sense why else the prints would end abruptly. To pick him up in the air and walk him all the way up to DR's farm..?? I definitely think there was a vehicle.

As far as getting out of St Joe...it was a Sunday night, many people who had to work the next day were probably getting ready for bed. I could see how a car could easy go unnoticed and get onto the highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teceemac