MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would only find it odd if LE had asked him to stick around and he left anyways. Otherwise, he had somewhere he had to be, and LE showed no urgency in stopping him from leaving.

Do you have visual or documented proof from LE that DR walked all around the crime scene?

He may not have reached out to them, but he's personally met with Patty.

For all of the speculation posters trying to point the finger at DR, you've yet to uncover a single story from the thousands and thousands of young boys he's been around, that shows this man as a sexual predator. It's unreal that people actually think this man would act out just one time in his whole life with his perceived pedophilia. I'm dumbfounded on why that doesn't register. Show me one instance where a pedophile only acted out one time and didn't show any signs before of being a pervert.

Not once in his private band lessons has he been accused of making any advances on kids.

Not once in his 30+ years of teaching has he ever been reported or even noted as touching or mentioning anything inappropriate.

Not once has he not cooperated with LE, having submitted to hypnosis, lie detector tests and countless interrogations, along with having his property dug up.

I think a good question is, are there unconvicted pedophiles who blend in fine in public? Could a pedophile commit an abduction/murder and never do it again?

We only know DR through the media, so is it safe to say we don't really know him yet?

I think a good question is, are there unconvicted pedophiles who blend in fine in public? Could a pedophile commit an abduction/murder and never do it again?

We only know DR through the media, so is it safe to say we don't really know him yet?

Of course! Who's to say he has never done anything in his whole life? He goes on trips and runs marathons all over the place. He most certainly could have done any number of things any number of places. We don't know him at all is very fair to say.

"A Paynesville-area man who fit the description of a man suspected of abducting and sexually assaulting a Cold Spring boy"
http://globegazette.com/jacob-wette...cle_2b0e6832-84d0-11df-85ff-001cc4c03286.html

Has this Paynesville man ever been cleared?

If LE is stating there are other people of interest than why would they announce who they are? It's called an "investigation" for a reason, not a public mutiny (which is what they've done to DR)

Please enlighten me then who is currently named as a POI by LE in the Jacob Wetterling abduction? Besides DR.

I would only find it odd if LE had asked him to stick around and he left anyways. Otherwise, he had somewhere he had to be, and LE showed no urgency in stopping him from leaving.

Do you have visual or documented proof from LE that DR walked all around the crime scene?

He may not have reached out to them, but he's personally met with Patty.

For all of the speculation posters trying to point the finger at DR, you've yet to uncover a single story from the thousands and thousands of young boys he's been around, that shows this man as a sexual predator. It's unreal that people actually think this man would act out just one time in his whole life with his perceived pedophilia. I'm dumbfounded on why that doesn't register. Show me one instance where a pedophile only acted out one time and didn't show any signs before of being a pervert.

Not once in his private band lessons has he been accused of making any advances on kids.

Not once in his 30+ years of teaching has he ever been reported or even noted as touching or mentioning anything inappropriate.

Not once has he not cooperated with LE, having submitted to hypnosis, lie detector tests and countless interrogations, along with having his property dug up.

How do you know if he has or has not?

As I have said before, the family was well respected. I am sure local LE never considered him to be a suspect until outsiders said that he should be checked out.

Do you know DR beyond being a young student of his years and years ago?

The link I posted was to a site chronicling Jacobs abduction. It disclosed 3 POI's in 1996. <modsnip>

LE has stated theres more than just one POI, yet you stated there is only 1. Perhaps you should correct yourself.

This is also a forum for Jacob Wetterling. Just because you say so, doesn't mean it's connected to Jared's case. Which seems to be all you are interested in working on.

I have known and loved and camped with a priest who, 46 years later, turns out he abused kids in the 1940s-50s. ONCE. And never again and his secret was kept for all those years and no one suspected him and everyone loved him and no one could ever imagine him ever doing anything to a child. So, yes, it can happen only once and you would never know.

No. Though I know dozens of people who's kids now go to ROCORI.

How do you know if he has or has not?
Do you know DR beyond being a young student of his years and years ago?

I have known and loved and camped with a priest who, 46 years later, turns out he abused kids in the 1940s-50s. ONCE. And never again and his secret was kept for all those years and no one suspected him and everyone loved him and no one could ever imagine him ever doing anything to a child. So, yes, it can happen only once and you would never know.

Most of the time we may never know it. Good point.

Also remember that once DR was labled a POI the public became very aware and the parents of kids in his classes became very uneasy. I don't know for how long but some kind of person sat in his classes for a period of time to make obversations about him, and to make parents feel better. It's true that unless your his closest family that we don't truly know DR yet.

I see nothing current about 1996. Actually, if you are referring to the Alzheimer's guy, the suicide student and the other dude who was dismissed, they are not current POIs either.

:-/ Can't be just 'once' if he abused multiple children. Doesn't matter if it was the same day.. he ruined multiple lives. And it's probably the only time he will admit to.

I see nothing current about 1996. Actually, if you are referring to the Alzheimer's guy, the suicide student and the other dude who was dismissed, they are not current POIs either.

Just an fyi, the other guy was not cleared, assuming you are talking about the Paynesville man, where a paragraph was blocked out of the search warrant? I think that was likely TH or DAH.

"A Paynesville-area man who fit the description of a man suspected of abducting and sexually assaulting a Cold Spring boy"
http://globegazette.com/jacob-wette...cle_2b0e6832-84d0-11df-85ff-001cc4c03286.html

Has this Paynesville man ever been cleared?

If LE is stating there are other people of interest than why would they announce who they are? It's called an "investigation" for a reason, not a public mutiny (which is what they've done to DR)

<modsnip> what you linked:
May 16, 1996: Search warrants authorities thought were sealed are released to the public. The warrants reveal three potential suspects authorities considered early in the investigation: A then 60-year-old St. Joseph-area man who confessed to the kidnapping one month after it occurred. The man was later eliminated as a suspect and moved to a nursing home because he suffered from Alzheimer&#8217;s disease. A St. Cloud State University student who was committed to a mental institution one week after Jacob&#8217;s abduction. The man later was eliminated as a suspect and killed himself in another state. A Paynesville-area man who fit the description of a man suspected of abducting and sexually assaulting a Cold Spring boy. Authorities searched his home three months after the Cold Spring abduction. Police then said that the man wasn&#8217;t a top suspect in the St. Joseph abduction, but at least one paragraph in the search warrant was blocked out.

Here is an excellent, but long, study on pedophiles. Very interesting in that it gives info that is very comprehensive and somewhat different than I have read before.

The author says that it is hard to know the truth about pedophiles as a lot of studies are on those in prison or those that self report.

I think the study is from or is used by the Mayo Clinic

http://www.drryanhall.com/Articles/pedophiles.pdf

It also appears that all the poi's before dan are people looked at before Kevin came forward.

Theories that there may have been two abductors involved in Jacob's case have come up recently.

Remember, that in May 1990, Sheriff Charlie Grafft announced a doubling of reward money, to $200,000 total. $100k for info leading to an arrest, and $100k more for the safe return of Jacob.

I checked the US government website for consumer price indexes. Basically, $1.00 in May 1990 would be worth $1.80 today. So that means the total reward, in today's dollars, would be $360,000.

Could $360,000 keep a secret? Someone recently mentioned that 2 people can keep a secret, but only if one of them is dead. I tend to agree.

IMO, there was only one perp. Or, if more than one - then Jacob was taken far, far away. Or, the perps were members of a strongly bonded family. Just MO.

Could you shed more light on who was arrested and details on the fibers? Wouldn't today's technology be able to prove whether or not those fibers are from the same apparel?

A man who was arrested in Jareds case no longer owned the car that he had, which matched Jareds very detailed description, when Jacob was abducted. Detectives found fibers in the back seat of the car consistent with fibers from Jareds jacket. We know this from Garber's book. If the man no longer had the car, it's very unlikely that Jared and Dan saw the sane car, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lily89