MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you shed more light on who was arrested and details on the fibers? Wouldn't today's technology be able to prove whether or not those fibers are from the same apparel?

I wish I could offer more info, and I continue to dig for more. After I found this information I learned that very few people knew about an arrest in that case, probably only law enforcement knew. Even Jared himself did not know there had been arrest.

Patty Wetterling is open to any new line of hope in her sons case, but to say she has completely ruled out DR is absolutely false and nowhere on record.

However, one glaring difference between the cars is something you just pointed out. The 1986 case you reference here says the car was older. By all accounts, the blue car used in Jareds 1989 case was a newer car. If the 86 case car was "older" in 1986, it was certainly more old come 1989.

Respectfully snipped for space.

It is a well known tactic for pedophiles (much like drug dealers) to share from a common pool of vehicles (loan them back and forth between a group) so as not to use the same vehicle every time. Same with stolen plates from other states.

Another thought. Has anyone reviewed the regional papers classified ad sections for what may amount to coded communication between pedophiles? Before the age of internet, cell phones and texting, the classifieds were the communications tool of choice for illicit communications and planning rendezvous.

Just another reminder that the ID channel is replaying the 20/20 episode regarding Jacob's disappearance tomorrow at 9am. Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch it. Is there any other way to find this? I have no way to record it either.

Just another reminder that the ID channel is replaying the 20/20 episode regarding Jacob's disappearance tomorrow at 9am. Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch it. Is there any other way to find this? I have no way to record it either.

My TV guide says 8am (central). I'm not sure if it's the same time for everyone, but I just wanted to make sure that everyone checks their listing for the correct time for your area so you don't miss it if you plan on watching it.

It depends on where you pull your research.

I posted the study used by Mayo which addresses some misconceptions, including saying Tammy is more likely than DR to become a molester.

First of all, we have no idea if DR was molested. With the closeness his family had with the church , there is a probability he may have.

He had a convicted sex offender as a friend on his FB. That could happen with neither of them knowing the other's issues. I mean that one had gone to prison, and one is a POI.

If you read the Mayo info, it sure does not exclude DR

I think that after it airs tomorrow, you can view it online at 20/20 on ID.

October 2003: The driver of a long-sought vehicle comes forward. Authorities rule him out as a suspect in the abduction. The theory of the case changes, leading investigators to focus on local suspects who could’ve been on foot when snatching Jacob.

June 30, 2010: Authorities execute a search warrant at the property (of Daniel Rassier) that connects to the driveway that the abductor used to escape with Jacob. The search turned up no new clues.

When we look at the investigation from 1989 to 2003 and 2003 to now, I believe it can tell you how sure they are about accounting for all of the tire tracks left on that driveway between 9 15 and 9 45 pm. They were always looking for one vehicle. According to the photos that driveway appears pretty dormant besides the obvious tracks we see. So we are either sitting on the person who did it, or back to square one without a shred of evidence of another vehicle used.

It depends on where you pull your research.

Yes. The Mayo clinic would <modsnip> data for sure, being one of the premiere medical facilities in the world.<modsnip>

Do you think DR knew Jacob? Is that why he asked their names?

I know it was common, and still is, for kids to go around to their neighbors for misc fundraisers and donations. I wonder if JW had ever been to the Rassier's.

I know it was common, and still is, for kids to go around to their neighbors for misc fundraisers and donations. I wonder if JW had ever been to the Rassier's.

Did he ask their names or just their ages?

I imagine he saw the kids out playing and riding bikes at some points in time

Did he ask their names or just their ages?

I imagine he saw the kids out playing and riding bikes at some points in time

Nope, you're right...just their ages!

According to anything I've ever seen, the man only asked their ages. It's possible he knew who they were, but that's not likely IMO

You know assuming it took 21 years before patty and dr got together to talk, i would say its unlikely they ever interacted with them before hand.

It was Jerry Wetterling who said he often exchanges afriendly wave in the morning while the elder rassier retrieves his mail. He goes on to say he rarely sees DR and that he is a different bird.

It was Jerry Wetterling who said he often exchanges afriendly wave in the morning while the elder rassier retrieves his mail. He goes on to say he rarely sees DR and that he is a different bird.

That's kind of where I was going with it...it's possible that JW went over to the Rassier's to ask the parents for donations, etc. DR may not have directly interacted with JW, merely observed him.

Kids usually "know" more people than their parents may realize. They may have talked to him when he was on the road. There would be no reason to mention that to parents.

Believe it or not Human, there is more than one facility capable of conducting research.

Yes. The Mayo clinic would <modnsip> data for sure, being one of the premiere medical facilities in the world. <modsnip>

Believe it or not Human, there is more than one facility capable of conducting research.

The citations are very lengthy so there has been research that was compiled by the Mayo.

After all, the Mayo compilation says the results have to be taken with a grain of salt as they are self reporting or from those who are incarcerated,

They postulate that those who have not been idenitified or caught are a different profile.

Perhaps there is some more research out there that we could peruse?

There is no guarantee that the abductor was even a pedophile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lily89