MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a Music class and also band lessons at RMS. All activities were held in the band room in which students would flow in and out of as groups of 25 or so. DR shared an office with other teachers adjacent to the band room.

I'm not naive and understand he's one of the few suspects with a shaky alibi. My personal experiences with DR do not go beyond anything other than being taught how to properly play trumpet, something I gave up on shortly thereafter. We had a teacher at our school who had pedophile nickname. A name given to him prior to attending RMS. The nickname rhymed with his last name, and I never heard anyone say that he was a perv. It might just have been a way to make fun of a teacher, much like all 7th and 8th graders do. DR didn't have any nicknames. He is/was an excellent trumpet player and never really ventured outside of music room and adjoining office. I don't recall anyone ever mentioning a inappropriate pat on the butt or lower back, or any language that would come off as sounding perverted. I never saw him in the locker room and I played football/baseball/basketball. You would think a pervert with a passing curiosity of pre-teen boys may sneak a peak or two. To me he was just another teacher who played a pretty badass trumpet.

He has been at ROCORI since 1978.

I have to admit that DR as POI is troubling because he does not have any history that we know of with bothering children. I use that term because it can be as subtle as touches. It does not have to go further than that.

How long was DR a teacher before 1989?

What did he teach? By that I mean, the elementary music teachers in our schools do not give individual lessons. They used to go from classroom to classroom teaching music. One teacher used to push a piano to different rooms until she got a classroom o f her own.

Before Jacob, not many people even considered touching children as something to talk a out or be concerned about. After Jacob, there was a lot of education that was started.

I think before that, we all thought of a molester as a dirty old man that would entice you with candy, I know I never knew it could be a coach, a teacher, or someone's father.

No one knew anything about DR until 2004 and then the revelation in 2010.

If he indeed had ever done anything, the person or people could live in another state and have no idea about this whatsoever.

I think after 1989, molesters probably became more careful, although we still continue to hear about teachers, coaches, and Scout Leaders, for instance.

DR had private lessons at the farm. I wonder if he has a soundproof room?

We had a Music class and also band lessons at RMS. All activities were held in the band room in which students would flow in and out of as groups of 25 or so. DR shared an office with other teachers adjacent to the band room.

I'm not naive and understand he's one of the few suspects with a shaky alibi. My personal experiences with DR do not go beyond anything other than being taught how to properly play trumpet, something I gave up on shortly thereafter. We had a teacher at our school who had pedophile nickname. A name given to him prior to attending RMS. The nickname rhymed with his last name, and I never heard anyone say that he was a perv. It might just have been a way to make fun of a teacher, much like all 7th and 8th graders do. DR didn't have any nicknames. He is/was an excellent trumpet player and never really ventured outside of music room and adjoining office. I don't recall anyone ever mentioning a inappropriate pat on the butt or lower back, or any language that would come off as sounding perverted. I never saw him in the locker room and I played football/baseball/basketball. You would think a pervert with a passing curiosity of pre-teen boys may sneak a peak or two. To me he was just another teacher who played a pretty badass trumpet.

He has been at ROCORI since 1978.

BBM

Mr. Bebop

I think being called Mr. Bebop warrants some attention actually. What does that even mean? What has he done year after year to become Mr. Bebop?

I think being called Mr. Bebop warrants some attention actually. What does that even mean? What has he done year after year to become Mr. Bebop?

Bebop: a type of jazz originating in the 1940s and characterized by complex harmony and rhythms. It is associated particularly with Charlie Parker, Thelonious Monk, and Dizzy Gillespie.

DR is a musician who plays the trumpet.

What does it mean that an abduction just like Jacobs has never happened again? E.g. gun, costume, 3 boys, area, etc.

Id just like to say that its a healthy sign that we've exhausted every debate and conversation in this case.

Does anybody would like to ask me a question about the case today?

Yes. I will. Why would Patty send DR that letter?

How could DR calmly go on with his life being named as a POI in one of Minnesota's biggest cases as well as one which shook up the US?

Even if a person is innocent, it would be incredibly horribly stressful.

Yes. I will. Why would Patty send DR that letter?

How could DR calmly go on with his life being named as a POI in one of Minnesota's biggest cases as well as one which shook up the US?

Even if a person is innocent, it would be incredibly horribly stressful.

Why didn't he respond to the letter? Instead he filed it away in his shrine of newspaper clippings, recorded vhs tapes, and journal. Patty finally found him by surprise as he came out of his health club.

Why did she send the letter, probably because after kevin came forward there was a big green arrow pointing at the farm. It answered the case.

I dont know uf it scares you but it scares me that DR wrote a letter to 14 different state agencies complaining of the dig on his farm and POI.

Why didn't he respond to the letter? Instead he filed it away in his shrine of newspaper clippings, recorded vhs tapes, and journal. Patty finally found him by surprise as he came out of his health club.

Why did she send the letter, probably because after kevin came forward there was a big green arrow pointing at the farm. It answered the case.

I didn't know that he didn't respond and that she actually tracked him down. I thought he willingly met her after the letter. That is really telling, I can't think of one good reason why an innocent man would not respond to the woman who's child was taken from his driveway. Hey FindTim...doesn't that strike you as odd?

I didn't know that he didn't respond and that she actually tracked him down. I thought he willingly met her after the letter. That is really telling, I can't think of one good reason why an innocent man would not respond to the woman who's child was taken from his driveway. Hey FindTim...doesn't that strike you as odd?

I don't think she tracked him down. I think she bumped into him at a gym? Maybe. I forget

I think DR had to be extremely carefully responding to PW. Legally, anything he might have said could be interpreted as implicating him.

Would you truly respond to anyone if you were a POI (most likely a suspect)?

I would have gone to her right away in 1989 and asked what I could do to help.

Why someone who is a teacher in school, college and after school programs and must care about children , did not go to the family is a puzzler

Did patty meet with DR before or after the dig? Before or after he became a poi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lily89