MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did patty meet with DR before or after the dig? Before or after he became a poi?

Patty met with DR before he was declared a POI according to him on this video:
http://greaterminnesota.kstp.com/ne...ve-interview-jacob-wetterling-person-interest

He says he met with Patty (when she bumped into him outside the health club and asked if they could talk) in October of 2009. And he was declared a POI after the search in 2010. This video is dated Sept. 30th, 2010.

Because its very intelligent, done all by himself.

To me it is not intelligent. To me it shows a lot of arrogance. He thinks he knows what to do.

He needs to spend the money and get a top notch attorney who knows how things work.

To me it is not intelligent. To me it shows a lot of arrogance. He thinks he knows what to do.

He needs to spend the money and get a top notch attorney who knows how things work.

An attorney would probably tell him to stop talking and doing interviews.

http://greaterminnesota.kstp.com/ne...ve-interview-jacob-wetterling-person-interest

He says he met with Patty (when she bumped into him outside the health club and asked if they could talk) in October of 2009. And he was declared a POI after the search in 2010. This video is dated Sept. 30th, 2010.

Thank you for posting this video again. I've made a discovery in parts of it- (take the video full screen to discover)

With 8 minutes and 40 seconds left in the video-

The reporter asks him "Do you know anything about the abduction of Jacob Wetterling?" He glances to the left than makes full eye contact with the reporter as he answers.

With 7 minutes 7 seconds left in the video-

The reporter asks him "when do you think the full story will be told?" Notice his eyes move to the left, thinks for a couple seconds than answers the question.

Not only do I find him more uncomfortable after answering those questions, but isn't glancing away before answering a question some kind of sign? Like remembering a rehearsed lie?

What does it mean that an abduction just like Jacobs has never happened again? E.g. gun, costume, 3 boys, area, etc.
Perp relocated.

Perp suffered debilitating illness or injury

Perp died.

Perp changed his M.O.

Perp was arrested and is serving time on an unrelated charge.

Or...

So was it a coincidence or did Patty search him out? Do we know for sure that she sent him a letter that he did not respond to?

So in 2009 before DR was named POI, Patty sent him a letter that he did not respond to and then she 'ran into him' at the gym. They then proceeded to have a conversation regarding that night where DR was asked if this was a prank gone wrong which he denied. He also told Patty that he thought that Jacob could be buried in his gravel pit since that would be a good place to hide a body. Where is DR's gravel pit? I haven't seen anything like that in the pictures. Does someone have a map of DR farm and can you point it out?

I really hope that the person who took Jacob will document what happened and where Jacob is before he dies. Seriously, the Wetterlings deserve peace.
Even better would be for him to come forward and be honest about what happened now and maybe get some help for his compulsion. It's true that it is VERY rare for a person to be abducted from a group. I wonder if there were other incidents like that near where DR did his 5k runs? They were nationwide. Also, just because a person hasn't been caught molesting doesn't mean that they haven't done it before. Or that maybe this was the first time.

It is VERY telling that Patty went to DR after all those years. I am sure Trevor and Aaron know by now who took them. I would like to see one of them run into DR at the gym and ask him directly 'where is Jacob?' They are grown men, they should ask him.

T's no clincher.

Thanks for posting this one again. I won't rehash the subtle things that bothered me in it, but everybody on this thread should watch all the DR interviews a few times. I wish we could find the one with the black pantyhose. I have never seen it.

I do also try to realize that if we had tv interviews with our other quasi suspects, we would probably be finding flags in them too. There just isn't a smoking gun in these. Even not knowing your mom has black hose isn't a smokig gun. Looking to the left might mean lying sometimes, but is no clincher.

T's no clincher.

Thanks for posting this one again. I won't rehash the subtle things that bothered me in it, but everybody on this thread should watch all the DR interviews a few times. I wish we could find the one with the black pantyhose. I have never seen it.

I do also try to realize that if we had tv interviews with our other quasi suspects, we would probably be finding flags in them too. There just isn't a smoking gun in these. Even not knowing your mom has black hose isn't a smokig gun. Looking to the left might mean lying sometimes, but is no clincher.

So true. We have so little info. The only reason we are looking at DR is because LE has named him. Otherwise, we would have never thought of him, I feel.

The possibilities are so numerous, but we don't know who has an alibi. There probably are perp footprints, but some of the possibilities may have feet that don't work, such as being too large or too small. I don't see how Jacob left footprints but not the perp, so I am guessing there are perp prints as well.

Maybe DR goes out of town and has meet ups with people. Who knows

As to meet-ups out of town, I'm sure LE knows.

DR has been questioned about JW for years, not just since the latest search warrant. He was suspended from his job early in the investigation - not in 2010. I don't even think he has an attorney, but imagine if you are being accused of a crime and had death threats against you! IMO responding to PW or any news media would not be in your best interest.

If in three searches of the farm and today's technology, LE has not found anything, that to me is telling.

DR has been questioned about JW for years, not just since the latest search warrant. He was suspended from his job early in the investigation - not in 2010. I don't even think he has an attorney, but imagine if you are being accused of a crime and had death threats against you! IMO responding to PW or any news media would not be in your best interest.

If in three searches of the farm and today's technology, LE has not found anything, that to me is telling.

3 searches and todays technology hasn't removed his POI status. If LE could clear DR, they would in a heartbeat.

3 searches and todays technology hasn't removed his POI status. If LE could clear DR, they would in a heartbeat.

I just don't think LE can keep on the 25 yr DR track w/o physical evidence. IMO DR has not been removed because LE has no where else to turn, although it does appear they are looking elsewhere.

I just don't think LE can keep on the 25 yr DR track w/o physical evidence. IMO DR has not been removed because LE has no where else to turn, although it does appear they are looking elsewhere.

If thats the case then i feel for DR, but i believe LE knows more than what a few interesting lines from news stories has told us. trust me they are.not keeping him a poi for popularity reasons.

He was suspended from his job? When? i have never heard that.

LE said they are keeping things for further advances in technology, so who knows.

People knew he was being looked at? I never heard that.

Can y give any info on that please?

He was suspended from his job? When? i have never heard that.

LE said they are keeping things for further advances in technology, so who knows.

People knew he was being looked at? I never heard that.

Can y give any info on that please?

I was incorrect. A paraprofessional was placed temporarily in his classroom for a while. (Note the story mentions the Stearns County Sheriff announced they found no new evidence on the Rassier farm connected to the Jacob Wetterling abduction.)

http://washington.kstp.com/news/new...nal-assigned-daniel-rassier-removed-classroom

As to DR being suspected of something, the parent's farm has been searched three times, the latest in 2010. He was also questioned before 2010. PW sent him a letter in 2009.

So in 2009 before DR was named POI, Patty sent him a letter that he did not respond to and then she 'ran into him' at the gym. They then proceeded to have a conversation regarding that night where DR was asked if this was a prank gone wrong which he denied. He also told Patty that he thought that Jacob could be buried in his gravel pit since that would be a good place to hide a body. Where is DR's gravel pit? I haven't seen anything like that in the pictures. Does someone have a map of DR farm and can you point it out?

I really hope that the person who took Jacob will document what happened and where Jacob is before he dies. Seriously, the Wetterlings deserve peace.
Even better would be for him to come forward and be honest about what happened now and maybe get some help for his compulsion. It's true that it is VERY rare for a person to be abducted from a group. I wonder if there were other incidents like that near where DR did his 5k runs? They were nationwide. Also, just because a person hasn't been caught molesting doesn't mean that they haven't done it before. Or that maybe this was the first time.

It is VERY telling that Patty went to DR after all those years. I am sure Trevor and Aaron know by now who took them. I would like to see one of them run into DR at the gym and ask him directly 'where is Jacob?' They are grown men, they should ask him.

(Bolded by me)
I haven't seen a complete overhead that shows the gravel pit being dug up in relation to where it was from the home. There are several pictures online of close-ups of the gravel pit while they were digging, but they are all zoomed in on the pit. My "guess" would be it must be on the southeast side somewhere, because in the video below you do not see the gravel pit in the overhead farm pictures, but you do see the whole main home, farm buildings and crops directly around the home. They also show digging up the farm pit, but not in relation to other buildings on the farm.

This video has some different angles of the farm, shows them digging, has snippets of that early interview with DR (with his face blurred out), and has the news story about some parents objecting when DR was going to start teaching music at St. Boniface school in Cold Spring, MN. (The school decided to place a paraprofessional in his class to assist, who was later removed.)

http://www.immelman.us/news/dan-rassier-teaching-concerns/

This other link to Immelman's website contains several videos; Sheriff Sanner on results of the 2010 search so far; DR's interviews with Julie Nelson, etc.
http://www.immelman.us/news/jacob-wetterling-latest-news/

I was incorrect. A paraprofessional was placed temporarily in his classroom for a while. (Note the story mentions the Stearns County Sheriff announced they found no new evidence on the Rassier farm connected to the Jacob Wetterling abduction.)

http://washington.kstp.com/news/new...nal-assigned-daniel-rassier-removed-classroom

As to DR being suspected of something, the parent's farm has been searched three times, the latest in 2010. He was also questioned before 2010. PW sent him a letter in 2009.

Who knew the farm was being searched? I figure the first time was in 89, of course.

Then the next was??? DR was not suggested as anyone they were looking at, was he? Therefore, I wonder why PW decided to ask him the questions that she did.

Do you have information that he was considered earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lily89