MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I suggested a horse, so motorcycle isn't the craziest thing ever. Noisy, yes. I think at one point Trackerd or someone else thought of golf cart or atv, and others have mentioned farm machinery. I guess it looks to me like too far of a leap from Jacob's print to the grassy area, but maybe my mind is filling in gaps between the photos I've seen. (I'm not 100% sure I've seen where print is in relation to side of driveway.) And if it's too far, then there's still the issue of no known tracks for any of those other means of transport.

When we starting talking tracks and foot prints, my eyes start to glaze over because it is so far over my head. But lately there has been talk on here that Jacobs last foot print looks as he "lifted himself". Was it close enough to the edge of the drive way where it is sometimes part grass and part gravel, the type of terrain where tracks probably would not show, that it would have been possible for a motorcycle to be parked there and Jacob was told to get on the back of a motorcycle?

Well, I suggested a horse, so motorcycle isn't the craziest thing ever. Noisy, yes. I think at one point Trackerd or someone else thought of golf cart or atv, and others have mentioned farm machinery. I guess it looks to me like too far of a leap from Jacob's print to the grassy area, but maybe my mind is filling in gaps between the photos I've seen. (I'm not 100% sure I've seen where print is in relation to side of driveway.) And if it's too far, then there's still the issue of no known tracks for any of those other means of transport.

Thanks for being kind to someone who has no idea on tracks, I have come to no conclusions on who I think did this to Jacob. I think there could have been noise, Aaron and Trevor were scared out of their wits and with the road sandwiched between the highway and busy Minnesota ST, I think there was probably always highway traffic that after a while the locals totally tuned out.

The reality is there are VERY few judges that will not sign a warrant.

Really? I think that if that is the case, it is because LE goes with enough information.

Thanks for being kind to someone who has no idea on tracks, I have come to no conclusions on who I think did this to Jacob. I think there could have been noise, Aaron and Trevor were scared out of their wits and with the road sandwiched between the highway and busy Minnesota ST, I think there was probably always highway traffic that after a while the locals totally tuned out.

The highway is a mile away. The noise would be a hum from a highway.

If LE interviewed people even from Japan, I sincerely doubt tracks were not examined .

The highway is a mile away. The noise would be a hum from a highway.

If LE interviewed people even from Japan, I sincerely doubt tracks were not examined .

I did not mean to imply that tracks were not examined, sorry if it seemed to be what I said. I did not mean to offend anyone. Again so sorry, I did not want to imply I was an expert on tracks of any kind.

I did not mean to imply that tracks were not examined, sorry if it seemed to be what I said. I did not mean to offend anyone. Again so sorry, I did not want to imply I was an expert on tracks of any kind.

No, I did not get that idea at all from your comments.

It was discussed on here many times about the tracks. To me, the intensity of checking out the DelWin shows that LE was very focused on information

Is there some study that says people go more deaf when scared? or do our senses of seeing and hearing intensify when scared? My impression of the immediate area is that you could a hear a pin drop at that time of night on a sunday night.

Do any of the neighbors know if the Rassiers had a small cycle or scooter that they used to get the mail. It would not be uncommon with the long of drive way.

Sasquatch, the kids' adrenaline might have been going so strong it could've created a roaring or even maybe hear their heart beating in their ears. I've had that happen after running before.

Do any of the neighbors know if the Rassiers had a small cycle or scooter that they used to get the mail. It would not be uncommon with the long of drive way.

Could be, but remember that almost all of the R family are incredible athletes

Sasquatch, the kids' adrenaline might have been going so strong it could've created a roaring or even maybe hear their heart beating in their ears. I've had that happen after running before.

I've played football, basketball, and tennis extensively. My hearing has never been decimated by those events. The boys ran a short distance and trevor and aaron with 2 sets of ears heard nothing, they were hypnotized and heard and saw nothing. Why are we still putting a vehicle on the scene when the only vehicle they searched for was found 14 years later?

Someone with a vehicle could have waited a minute or two before starting the engine so that the boys wouldn't hear it. I still think there was a vehicle.

Someone with a vehicle could have waited a minute or two before starting the engine so that the boys wouldn't hear it. I still think there was a vehicle.

Why force it if there is not a shred of evidence to show another vehicle used besides kevins?

The case of Jacob Wetterling has been halfway solved since 2003.

Why would someone wait for that reason? The downside risk of loitering would far outweigh any advantage of not being heard by two young boys. IMO there would be no advantage in waiting.

I do agree that adrenaline may have prevented them from hearing a car. But, one has to wonder how.many times they looked back.

Does anyone know how far (in an actual measurement) the path was that the boys took from the end of the driveway back to the Wetterling residence?

"Emotional or psychological trauma can also affect your memory. Memory loss is a natural survival skill and defense mechanism humans develop to protect themselves from psychological damage. Violence, sexual abuse and other emotionally traumatic events can lead to dissociative amnesia, which helps a person cope by allowing them to temporarily forget details of the event. A person will often suppress memories of a traumatic event until they are ready to handle them, which may never occur." (clipped from link)

http://casapalmera.com/how-trauma-affects-your-memory/

I am not saying this is what is occuring with the boys with Jacob that night, but this may explain some of it. In the middle of a traumatic experience, they are only thinking to save themself and flee once they recognize the situation is extremely dangerous. It is common that they block out other details of the situation or can't remember because they are too busy protecting themselves. Fight or flight response.

There's also no evidence to show that Jacob ever went any further up the driveway than where his prints and scent ended.

That is correct but I think it can be explained by looking at the following picture from Joy's site linked below. If you look along the tree line from approx where Jacob's prints ended you can see a path along the trees that leads to the Rassier home. It's a little shorter path than taking the driveway. In my opinion they walked off onto this path and they walked to the home or DR had some type of ATV type vehicle waiting in the grass at that spot and the tracks would've just blended in especially if they used the path all the time...which in the pic looks possible to me. I think he ended up getting extremely lucky by taking the path and also with the dry weather which can help explain the loss of scent especially if he was lifted onto an ATV of some sort.

http://www.joybaker.com/wp-content/2013/03/RassierFarmCloseup.jpg

Well, the blood was either Jacob's or it wasn't. His line of answering is typical of how talking to him is.

If it was Jacob's blood it would have been fresh since it was recovered within a week of the abduction and easily determined that it was not his. Has LE confirmed or denied that this was Jacob's blood? If it wasn't they have done a diservice to DR for not publicly announcing that it wasn't Jacobs.

He used a lot of words to say something that was pretty simple. Additional, unnecessary words often signal deception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leeloocee