MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I so wonder why Gillespie went to the Wetterlings.

They are not Catholic. We know it wasn't because he was concerned about the kidnapping of Jacob since Gillespie is a molester.

So what was he doing there?

I think PW was a Catholic at that time, Jerry is Bahai, Patty may be now but she was not Bahai at the time that J was taken. I find it very suspicious that a priest that was/is a child molester was visiting.......cover up? I don't know.....but I have always wondered about that.

Back to the foot prints.

In the pic where there is a pic of a plaster cast of tire tracks , it appears that there are casts of foot prints as well. It seems like the tire tracks go over the prints? Or are the prints over the tire tracks? Are they of the perp or of Jacob?

We have so little info to go on.

OK, so if there are lots more prints, maybe my theory of Jacob trying to step down from a vehicle/atv/cart/truck that he was already in does not work. That was based on only being sure about one single print and no other prints being related.

In some photos, it almost looks like horse hooves. I think maybe Trackerd has mentioned that too. DR commented in one interview that horses were "prancing" (I think) in the area (when he was criticizing the early investigation). And then there were police search horses, of course.

I briefly had an insane thought that maybe a horse was involved in the actual abduction! (Forget I even mentioned that.) I think I'm going back to the prevailing thought that the tracks and the footprints are not really related, and that Kevin is pretty much telling the truth. His story may have varied, but he didn't tell it for so long that it isn't so surprising to be a little mixed up.

But I'm still not sure about ruling out a car or other type of conveyance being involved, somewhere and somehow.

I think PW was a Catholic at that time, Jerry is Bahai, Patty may be now but she was not Bahai at the time that J was taken. I find it very suspicious that a priest that was/is a child molester was visiting.......cover up? I don't know.....but I have always wondered about that.

Patty was or maybe still,is Lutheran. Never Catholic, as I recall

OK, so if there are lots more prints, maybe my theory of Jacob trying to step down from a vehicle/atv/cart/truck that he was already in does not work. That was based on only being sure about one single print and no other prints being related.

In some photos, it almost looks like horse hooves. I think maybe Trackerd has mentioned that too. DR commented in one interview that horses were "prancing" (I think) in the area (when he was criticizing the early investigation). And then there were police search horses, of course.

I briefly had an insane thought that maybe a horse was involved in the actual abduction! (Forget I even mentioned that.) I think I'm going back to the prevailing thought that the tracks and the footprints are not really related, and that Kevin is pretty much telling the truth. His story may have varied, but he didn't tell it for so long that it isn't so surprising to be a little mixed up.

But I'm still not sure about ruling out a car or other type of conveyance being involved, somewhere and somehow.

I think they had people on horses looking

I wish we could see those multiple casts up closer. The front one looks like Jacob's shoe print. I wonder if any of them were possible perp prints? Or if some were tire tracks?

I wish we could see those multiple casts up closer. The front one looks like Jacob's shoe print. I wonder if any of them were possible perp prints? Or if some were tire tracks?

I would really like to hear from LE what their current analysis and findings are on the driveway. We need someone connected like Joy Baker to work with LE and modernize parts of this case.

I would really like to hear from LE what their current analysis and findings are on the driveway. We need someone connected like Joy Baker to work with LE and modernize parts of this case.

I think Tracker already tried that and got shut down. Maybe LE will look at all facets of the case again as long as they are re-looking at some portions of it. Here's hoping.

Marzipan...you had a very creative thought...but in all likelihood not possible based upon Jacob's last footprint and the practical realities of him exiting the vehicle temporarily-especially after being abducted. I think the horse hooves are an after the fact occurance-LE in search mode. IMHO Kevin's story is what it is-it happened as he said-he drove in the driveway(East), circled around, exited(West) the driveway and ventured north on 16th towards Tom Thumb.

Hey...Sasquatch...you're supposed to be in hibernation for 3 days....go back to sleep.

I already answered this basically but not specifically. I think you hit upon a detail which is defining. And that is...is Jacob's last footprint RELATED to the tire track which is just above it in the picture? If it is, then Jacob is entering into or upon a vehicle. If it is not, then why is his footprint ending abruptly and with such force? In other words, Jacob's footprint exhibits a depression created by an upward momentum. If there is no vehicle, then what does this mean?

I think PW was a Catholic at that time, Jerry is Bahai, Patty may be now but she was not Bahai at the time that J was taken. I find it very suspicious that a fipriest that was/is a child molester was visiting.......cover up? I don't know.....but I have always wondered about that.

IMO, I don't think it's unusual for Fr. Gillespie to go visit the Wetterlings. After such a tragic event had taken place, in a small town, a community leader such as Fr. Gillespie would naturally be inclined to lend a hand of support, regardless of religious affiliation.

According to an article in the October 25, 1989 St. Cloud Times, Gillespie took one of Jacob's friends bowling to calm his fears.

IMO, I don't think it's unusual for Fr. Gillespie to go visit the Wetterlings. After such a tragic event had taken place, in a small town, a community leader such as Fr. Gillespie would naturally be inclined to lend a hand of support, regardless of religious affiliation.

According to an article in the October 25, 1989 St. Cloud Times, Gillespie took one of Jacob's friends bowling to calm his fears.

Which friend?

I am not buying that there were 2 people involved. It's like a 40 minute window from boys leaving home until abduction. It was a crime of opportunity. They had never been alone at night before. Also, I feel the perp knew the boys. He disguised himself, and sent boys to run off into the 'woods.' It was pitch black and a dead-end street, only a local would know there were woods there.

I believe this was a fantasy acted out but planned way in advance. DR had the house to himself as his parents were away. Opportunity to act out his fantasy. From the minute he saw those flashlights and was close enough to see who the boys were, he put his plan into action.

In my own opinion, of course.

Where did the pic go that was posted the other night by Sigrun or Silverngold....I can't remember who posted it....but it was a good couple of updated pics of Slush on each side of the prime suspect sketch. Bessie, did they violate a rule or something? Hopefully the pic can be re-posted?

I think it is because he is not a suspect and has not been proven to be in the area at the time of the abduction.

I already answered this basically but not specifically. I think you hit upon a detail which is defining. And that is...is Jacob's last footprint RELATED to the tire track which is just above it in the picture? If it is, then Jacob is entering into or upon a vehicle. If it is not, then why is his footprint ending abruptly and with such force? In other words, Jacob's footprint exhibits a depression created by an upward momentum. If there is no vehicle, then what does this mean?

As i was showing my wife the footprint testing of entering a vehicle, her first thought that came to mind based on jacobs last footprint, is that he was lifted and/or thrown into the vehicle.

As i was showing my wife the footprint testing of entering a vehicle, her first thought that came to mind based on jacobs last footprint, is that he was lifted and/or thrown into the vehicle.

Locate a playground with a fine play sand area. Make sure the sand is damp. Place something your wife can step up onto. Have her walk towards the object and step up onto it. Look at the last print. Do it at different speeds. Then pull her up onto it. Compare the prints. See which one looks more like Jacobs last print.

Yea.. I already did that two weekends ago, but I would like you to see for yourself.

Locate a playground with a fine play sand area. Make sure the sand is damp. Place something your wife can step up onto. Have her walk towards the object and step up onto it. Look at the last print. Do it at different speeds. Then pull her up onto it. Compare the prints. See which one looks more like Jacobs last print.

Yea.. I already did that two weekends ago, but I would like you to see for yourself.

I'll go ahead and try that. I like to keep things as real as possible so I'll try it with a vehicle as well. I will set up two scenarios, one on fine sand (beach) and the other on a gravel road.

I still say if a vehicle was used, then it was a vehicle that already had tracks on the driveway and would not raise any suspicions...DR's car comes to mind. He could have parked it 1/2 way between road and house and had it ready to throw Jacob in. If Dr drove his own vehicle, there would be no suspicious tracks in the driveway except Kevin's...that is why he wasn't named POI right away.

Thanks Tracker! I'm going to try that at our local playground!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teceemac