MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow,they did add more things to the article.

How did he get shot in the foot? From his time in Korea?

The tapping on the shoulder and no one is there- weird! I think it could be the spirit of the teacher coming back to drive him crazy. Or some odd medical problem.

Also, he would have never turned himself in unless he was arrested for the shooting. That is pretty telling. Keeping himself in my suspect pool.

(BBM)

I think he did turn himself in after shooting Tim Larson, not because he was arrested, but probably because he knew he'd be caught.

"if I wouldn't have went ahead and accidentally shot this guy, I would have never turned myself in in."

I'm not so sure the shooting was "accidental" though. (JMO)

Yes, I tried the sand also, and the pressure downward on the toe area is definitely from Stepping UP and not being lifted or pulled forward.

Maybe it was just a higher car? What about a jeep? There were boyscouts camping in the area that night, maybe their scoutmaster had a jeep? I suppose we have no clue who the scoutmaster was? (Although I'm not sure if you had a whole camp full of boys in tents, you'd be attracted to some boy biking by in a group of 3?)

I'd think LE would have mentioned horse track prints if they were there before LE brought their own horses in.

Maybe it was a full size van? Possibly a white van?

Maybe it was a full size van? Possibly a white van?

Could have been a van, they do have narrower tires, don't they? There was a tan van that had been in St. Joe shortly before Jacob's abduction attempting to take another boy. (ELOC posted the scan a while back, the suspect had bangs cut straight across and glasses.) They never caught that guy either.

I believe the white van was discussed on here. It turned out to be a boy that looked like Jacob, but wasn't

The tracks left on the driveway revealed only one unknown vehicle to LE for 14 years, in 2003 they found him.

Wish we could see the full tv interview with DH. Seems like after he says he didn't, he says he did. But if I can't trust the splicing from other stations, I'm going to trust it from FOX??
He's on my list, but still not top 3, and TH neither, at least not for Jacob.

Wish we could see the full tv interview with DH. Seems like after he says he didn't, he says he did. But if I can't trust the splicing from other stations, I'm going to trust it from FOX??
He's on my list, but still not top 3, and TH neither, at least not for Jacob.

So who are your top,three????

So who are your top,three????

Had to call me on that, huh. It's not solid list. It changes a lot.

If connected to Paynesville and/or Jared in Cold Spring,, then maybe DH is in top 1-3, along with DAH, Bahners and LK.

If not and we are only talking about Jacob, the maybe DR, MF, and TG or other priest.

Next tier would be Slush or whatever they call him, with DR as accessory, and whoever it was driving a white sedan out on 212 seen with boy matching Jacob's description urinating roadside. I'll never find the link, but read at one time that he was pulled over later in Eden Prairie and had two guns, but was not named and let go. Who could that have been, and isn't it odd? Now I know I need to find it.

Kevin is down near the bottom of tier 2. Bothered by what seems like possible bragging at a party, and by the prints near tracks, but he might have to be a real piece of work to pass the months they spent on him between the time he came forward and the time they cleared him and announced the move to an on-foot perp. I know Patty said on TV recently it wasn't Kevin, point blank. So unlike Sasquatch, I can't have him in tier 1.

Would like to know your top 3 or 5 as well, Human and the rest of you.

Top Three

1. No idea
2. No idea
3. No idea

Really there is nothing new that we know in the case, and if Jared says DH isn't the guy who molested him, well, he probably isn't. Does that mean Jared's case and JW's are related? Good chance.

My top three?

Ugh.

DR because LE named him, but he seems like a hard one to go for because of no other documented problems that we know of.

Bo----.

a priest or a relative of the R family

It sounds like even though LE knew about the Hubers back in 89, they did not have Jared look at them?

I wish we knew.

I still think that Jared thinks that his and the Paynesville are related, but he does not think the person is H's. HMMM I think a lot of people in Paynesville think it could have been the H's. maybe HB?

A potentially key witness in the Wetterling case may have been agitated and stressed to death last week by a sensationalistic Twin Cities news media, led by the local CBS affiliate WCCO.

Whether and to what extent MN criminal investigators were able to leverage Delbert Huber’s desire to change or improve his son Tim’s current situation as an inmate at the state correctional facility in Rush City, Minnesota, before the news media descended on Delbert at the state correctional facility in Faribault, Minnesota, last week remains to be seen. (Timothy John Huber’s appeal of his Kandiyohi county murder conviction is currently pending before the Minnesota Court of Appeals (Case Number A13-1928)). To be sure, any further opportunities for investigators to negotiate with Delbert Huber for information relevant to the Wetterling case ended when he took his last breath a few days ago.

The WCCO hype machine has fed on the Wetterling case since the early 1990s, using the case to tantalize and titillate the public especially during annual television ratings periods. See, for example, "Inside the Wetterling Files," May 13-14, 1992, Trish Van Pilsum reporting, claiming “unprecedented access" and "we'll show you evidence that has never before been released." Despite such “publicity,” regardless of how arguably well-intended it may be, the Wetterling case remains as publicly unresolved in 2014 as it was in 1992.

True to form, the Delbert Huber interviews recently broadcast by MN television news channels reveal nothing new in the Wetterling case, yet may have contributed to the death of an individual who likely was a material witness. A material witness is someone who can testify about matters having some logical connection with the consequential facts of the case, especially where few others, if any, know about the matters in question. If so, an opportunity to obtain valuable testimonial evidence has been irretrievably lost, no doubt much to the relief of the actual perpetrator.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, but it’s still the road to hell . . .

Prov. 11:14

A potentially key witness in the Wetterling case may have been agitated and stressed to death last week by a sensationalistic Twin Cities news media, led by the local CBS affiliate WCCO.

Whether and to what extent MN criminal investigators were able to leverage Delbert Huber’s desire to change or improve to his son Tim’s current situation as an inmate at the state correctional facility in Rush City, Minnesota, before the news media descended on Delbert at the state correctional facility in Faribault, Minnesota, last week remains to be seen. (Timothy John Huber’s appeal of his Kandiyohi county murder conviction is currently pending before the Minnesota Court of Appeals (Case Number A13-1928)). To be sure, any further opportunities for investigators to negotiate with Delbert Huber for information relevant to the Wetterling case ended when he took his last breath a few days ago.

The WCCO hype machine has fed on the Wetterling case since the early 1990s, using the case to tantalize and titillate the public especially during annual television ratings periods. See, for example, "Inside the Wetterling Files," May 13-14, 1992, Trish Van Pilsum reporting, claiming “unprecedented access" and "we'll show you evidence that has never before been released." Despite such “publicity,” regardless of how arguably well-intended it may be, the Wetterling case remains as publicly unresolved in 2014 as it was in 1992.

True to form, the Delbert Huber interviews recently broadcast by MN television news channels reveal nothing new in the Wetterling case, yet may have contributed to the death of an individual who likely was a material witness. A material witness is someone who can testify about matters having some logical connection with the consequential facts of the case, especially where few others, if any, know about the matters in question. If so, an opportunity to obtain valuable testimonial evidence has been irretrievably lost, no doubt much to the relief of the actual perpetrator.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, but it’s still the road to hell . . .

Prov. 11:14

That's interesting. I didn't know TH had an appeal going.

I have to agree about the reporter. Perhaps not the most professional statement she could have made...

“I’m shocked that he died because he did not seem that he was that infirm,” she said. “He almost seemed too mean to die. At that point, he was so angry at so many things.”

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/06/12/delbert-huber-found-dead-in-prison/

I do not inderstand that camping picture.

Is AMPI across the tracks in the picture on the right?

The kid climbed up the banks of the river, climbed up to the bridge, went across the tracks to get pop?

Am I seeing that correctly?
I was referring to the comments, you will need to click on the comment button to read them, one is from Jared.

Does anyone know of the three networks interviewed Huber all at the same time or individually? Does anyone know if it was done at his request or the Networks' request?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo