MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a more extensive article about these Hector and Eden Prairie sightings. It's from my paid subscription to archives of older newspapers, (http://nl.newsbank.com/) so I made a screen cap of the article. The article also mentions some search results we haven't seen on here before; some clothing items, and a smell by a quarry.

http://s100.photobucket.com/user/shergal1/media/HectorSighting.jpg.html?sort=4&o=29

(click in lower right corner twice to read easily)

Thanks-- Awesome that you have this subscription. I wonder if the guy they pulled over was the same guy seen. Even if original report was made up, how odd is the rest of it... I know there have been many supposed sightings, but for this one I just wish I could see a name somehow. Not a top level thing for me, just another of those nagging things. A stench at the quarry...I don't know if I remember that. I thought I followed closely at the time, but there is so much I either never heard, not being local. Those quarries are extremely deep, right? I think one was dive searched in a missing woman case about 12-15 years ago, right? Are they very close to st. joe?

Answering my own Q... About 9 minutes from St. joe to the quarries in Waite Park, if those are the right ones.

I was referring to the comments, you will need to click on the comment button to read them, one is from Jared.

I saw the comments from Jared.

I am wondering about the story of the boy going to get pop

The situation does not make any sense to me when I look at pics Joy has provided.

Thanks-- Awesome that you have this subscription. I wonder if the guy they pulled over was the same guy seen. Even if original report was made up, how odd is the rest of it... I know there have been many supposed sightings, but for this one I just wish I could see a name somehow. Not a top level thing for me, just another of those nagging things. A stench at the quarry...I don't know if I remember that. I thought I followed closely at the time, but there is so much I either never heard, not being local. Those quarries are extremely deep, right? I think one was dive searched in a missing woman case about 12-15 years ago, right? Are they very close to st. joe?

It is so strange they would pull over a guy with two guns and he claiming that he wanted a lawyer.

I wonder if he was ever shown to Jared.

Did jared ever see the Hubers at the time?

I winder if he ever saw Bo----.

The Reker girls were found in a quarry in St. Cloud. (WS has a thread on the Reker sisters - Mary and Susan - where you can see more details of their murder.) This area has a LOT of quarries, they are from mining granite. At one time St. Cloud had the designation of "The Granite City." Some of them are very deep, yes. There is a large granite company in Cold Spring.

A potentially key witness in the Wetterling case may have been agitated and stressed to death last week by a sensationalistic Twin Cities news media, led by the local CBS affiliate WCCO.

Whether and to what extent MN criminal investigators were able to leverage Delbert Huber’s desire to change or improve his son Tim’s current situation as an inmate at the state correctional facility in Rush City, Minnesota, before the news media descended on Delbert at the state correctional facility in Faribault, Minnesota, last week remains to be seen. (Timothy John Huber’s appeal of his Kandiyohi county murder conviction is currently pending before the Minnesota Court of Appeals (Case Number A13-1928)). To be sure, any further opportunities for investigators to negotiate with Delbert Huber for information relevant to the Wetterling case ended when he took his last breath a few days ago.

The WCCO hype machine has fed on the Wetterling case since the early 1990s, using the case to tantalize and titillate the public especially during annual television ratings periods. See, for example, "Inside the Wetterling Files," May 13-14, 1992, Trish Van Pilsum reporting, claiming “unprecedented access" and "we'll show you evidence that has never before been released." Despite such “publicity,” regardless of how arguably well-intended it may be, the Wetterling case remains as publicly unresolved in 2014 as it was in 1992.

True to form, the Delbert Huber interviews recently broadcast by MN television news channels reveal nothing new in the Wetterling case, yet may have contributed to the death of an individual who likely was a material witness. A material witness is someone who can testify about matters having some logical connection with the consequential facts of the case, especially where few others, if any, know about the matters in question. If so, an opportunity to obtain valuable testimonial evidence has been irretrievably lost, no doubt much to the relief of the actual perpetrator.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, but it’s still the road to hell . . .

Prov. 11:14

I agree. Even though DEH is loathsome to me.

It is so strange they would pull over a guy with two guns and he claiming that he wanted a lawyer.

I wonder if he was ever shown to Jared.

Did jared ever see the Hubers at the time?

I winder if he ever saw Bo----.

I'm told he had never heard of Bo---- as of a few months ago.

I'm told he had never heard of Bo---- as of a few months ago.

LE knew about Bo----. Maybe he had a really good alibi? But wasn't he questioned? It was on here somewhere.

And, did Jared get asked to look at the Hubers?

LE knew about Bo----. Maybe he had a really good alibi? But wasn't he questioned? It was on here somewhere.

And, did Jared get asked to look at the Hubers?

Bo---- seems a good candidate for Jared's abductor....do you have a source that LE knew of RWB?

IDK if Jared saw the Hubers back in the day but he did comment on Joy's blog:Jared | June 14, 2014 at 2:56 pm
In regards to the comment Curious Too had left…

I dont believe Delbert or Tim Huber is “the guy” I’m looking for in my case. I feel that their obsession was with people that owed them money or people who would steal from them, not little boys. I would have liked to question him in regards to other people of interest that were around the area in 1987-89… but since he passed last Wednesday those questions will go unanswered

Delbert’s death is a great example of why we all need to take time to talk about this now!!!! Because as time continues to go by, the answers will be lost.

Sooooo let’s all continue to move foward in moderation…. pay attention to details and talk about it.

HOPE INSPIRES PEOPLE TO SEEK JOY! That’s been my new saying lately

Thank you all again, for recognizing how important this story is… and for taking the time to talk about it
http://www.joybaker.com/2014/06/08/two-more-incidents/#comments

I saw the comments from Jared.

I am wondering about the story of the boy going to get pop

The situation does not make any sense to me when I look at pics Joy has provided.

sorry human, I duplicated Jared's comments (you had already seen them).

Pics and description of boys camping near AMP, Inc.....if you look at Google Earth it makes sense. However, her description of the camp as being on the northwest side of the bridge (IMO) is erroneous. The camp would be on the northEAST side of the railroad bridge and thus situated with a curving river to their backside in a thicket of woods. Joy's first picture clearly shows the railroad tracks heading east, AMPI is on the right in the distance. The river you see to the left winds around to the north by east forming a semi-circle....within that semi-circle would be the camp. So if the perp was at the radius of that semi-circle, he would be able to catch anyone leaving the camp(although I doubt it because of the darkness, but I suspect young boys would not dare leave the group and venture into the woods and darkness-hence they were 'stuck'). Joy's picture #2 shows the south side of AMPI where the vehicles access the building.

DR was not named a POI until 20 or 21 years after the abduction, and after the search of his farm. But why should we take it seriously? I think its serious because the amount of time passed since the abduction, but also that this person has no criminal record and is a well respected man in his line of work. Because of this I think LE is more trying to make statement instead of question. What exactly was revealed on DR's computer? What kind of info did they find from the journal? How serious are the changing of his stories? Those are a few of alot of things noone but LE knows, but i will say this, the poi label on DR wasnt put on a supposedly good guy without darn good reasons.

I find it unhealthy for me and its effects on the community to hone in on a single person. I want more on the plate, e.g. B's, TH, MF, and the priests.

I think you're right Sasquatch321. There are SO MANY 'connections' in this case...it's hard to zero in on 1 person. While there may eventually be only one unsub, we must canvas the entire spectrum to get there.....unfortunately.

DR was not named a POI until 20 or 21 years after the abduction, and after the search of his farm. But why should we take it seriously? I think its serious because the amount of time passed since the abduction, but also that this person has no criminal record and is a well respected man in his line of work. Because of this I think LE is more trying to make statement instead of question. What exactly was revealed on DR's computer? What kind of info did they find from the journal? How serious are the changing of his stories? Those are a few of alot of things noone but LE knows, but i will say this, the poi label on DR wasnt put on a supposedly good guy without darn good reasons.

So I just posted regarding your vascillation of opinions of likely perps w/o seeing this latest post of yours. Where ARE you in this scenario?

So I just posted regarding your vascillation of opinions of likely perps w/o seeing this latest post of yours. Where ARE you in this scenario?

Im taking everything into account as best I can, but i can only drift at sea for so long.

Im taking everything into account as best I can, but i can only drift at sea for so long.

That's understandable. But making to the shoreline without a port...or clear passage....isn't that a bit risky?

Wish we could see the full tv interview with DH. Seems like after he says he didn't, he says he did. But if I can't trust the splicing from other stations, I'm going to trust it from FOX??
He's on my list, but still not top 3, and TH neither, at least not for Jacob.

I missed something. Watched the interview numerous times...is there a moment where you can say it was spliced? ("says he didn't, he says he did.")

Let us not forget the Elizabeth Smart case where LE had not only labeled the wrong guy but actually had him in jail.

Obviously Bo.. Has a history that I have totally missed, can someone post the link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo