MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would assume any and all blood samples have been tested and have ruled out that it was Jacob's blood. I think it's safe to say that it's not Jacob's blood, and that any and all references to the "bloody trunk" can be omitted.

Could it be that this is what they are waiting for ? The advancement in technology? Could it be that they do not get enough information from the blood because?????

I have no idea how blood degrades or whatever issues there might be.

DR 'said' he saw a car speeding up his driveway that day. He also saw a blue car with a small woman or child turning around in his driveway at around the time of the abduction. The tire tracks prove that he was not telling the truth. Why would DR make up a story about random cars driving up his driveway the same day/night a boy is abducted? Why?

If a would be kidnapper saw the boys earlier in the day, why would he pick somebody's driveway to hide in not knowing who lived there and may come down the driveway at any time? What would make a kidnapper think these boys would be back that night? That is a real stretch and a huge risk. what, did the kidnapper sit in DR's driveway for hours waiting and hoping? How did that person transport Jacob if not by car?

That idea is so silly. It is something that a six year old would come up with.

So, changing the subject a bit, it looks as if the Bahner grandchildren are carrying on the family tradition of sexual abuse. NJB, (record and case # below) who lives in Paynesville, was first arrested at 18 for assault, and has now been arrested and charged 8 times already for various offenses. Case # below is for sexual assault of a minor.

Case No. 73-CR-12-3898
Criminal Sexual Conduct 1st and 2nd degree

http://pa.courts.state.mn.us/

Case Number Citation Number Defendant Info Filed/Location/Judicial Officer Type/Status Charge(s)
73-CR-09-9848
ST 500171
BAHNER, NATHAN JOE
07/08/1991
09/08/2009
Stearns
Crim/Traf Mandatory
Closed
Domestic Assault-Misdemeanor-Intentionally Inflicts/Attempts to Inflict Bodily Harm
73-CR-09-9935
ST 488960
ST 488960
BAHNER, NATHAN JOE
07/08/1991
09/10/2009
Stearns
Davick-Halfen, Kris
Crim/Traf Mandatory
Under Court Jurisdiction
Drugs - Possess/Sale Small Amount of Marijuana - No Remuneration
Domestic Abuse - Violate No Contact Order-Misd
73-CR-09-12163
ST 524270
BAHNER, NATHAN JOE
07/08/1991
11/12/2009
Stearns
Crim/Traf Mandatory
Under Court Jurisdiction
Damage to Property-4th Deg-Intentional Damage-Other Circumstances
73-CR-09-12423
BAHNER, NATHAN JOE
07/08/1991
11/20/2009
Stearns
Kundrat, Frank J.
Crim/Traf Mandatory
Under Court Jurisdiction
Domestic Abuse; Violates no contact order within 10 years of previous conviction
73-VB-09-13533
ST 523529
BAHNER, NATHAN JOE
07/08/1991
12/02/2009
Stearns
Crim/Traf Non-Mand
Under Court Jurisdiction
Liquor-Consumption by persons under 21
73-VB-11-1489
ST534166
BAHNER, NATHAN JOE
07/08/1991
02/14/2011
Stearns
Crim/Traf Non-Mand
Under Court Jurisdiction
Liquor-Consumption by persons under 21
73-CR-12-3898
BAHNER, NATHAN JOE
07/08/1991
04/20/2012
Stearns
Kundrat, Frank J.
Crim/Traf Mandatory
Under Court Jurisdiction
Criminal Sexual Cond-1st Degree-Penet or Contact with Person Under 13-Actor greater than36m oldr Not applicable - GOC
Criminal Sex Conduct-2nd Degree-Victim Under 13-Actor greater than 36m Old Not applicable - GOC
73-VB-13-726
BAHNER, NATHAN JOE
07/08/1991
01/22/2013
Stearns
Crim/Traf Non-Mand
Under Court Jurisdiction
Traffic Regulation - Seat Belt Required - Driver and Passengers Must Use

His most recent arrest (that I found) was in Dec. of 2013.

12/18/2013 Nathan Joe Bahner, DOB: 7/8/1991 Paynesville, MN Stearns County Sheriff's Office Criminal Sexual Conduct in the First Degree Offense Date: May 1, 2009, to October 1, 2009. 156 months prison, execution stayed; 25 years probation; 10 years conditional release; 9 months jail; pay a $50 fine plus surcharges or complete community service work in lieu of the fine; complete a chemical dependency evaluation and a psychological evaluation and follow recommendations; attend sex offender program; abstain from alcohol and non-prescribed mood altering substances; random urinalysis testing; register as a predatory offender; provide a DNA sample; no same or similar violations during probation; remain law abiding; no contact with victim or victim's family; write letter of apology; no unsupervised contact with children under 18 years of age; complete individual counseling; remain medication compliant; no possession of *advertiser censored* or explicit materials; submit to polygraph examinations as directed by agent; obtain and maintain employment; no possession of firearms; sign releases of information. Sentenced by Judge Kundrat on December 18, 2013.

http://www.co.stearns.mn.us/Portals... Convictions/2013 Sentences/December 2013.pdf

sad news Shergal. Another generation of predators. Someone needs to break the cycle in that family. It does show that the behavior is pretty entrenched deep in the family.

Sickening!

No prison? Just probation?

Remain law abiding? What does that mean? No speeding or parking tickets or no bank robberies?

Jodi's abduction happened about 15 minutes from where I grew up at the time and is another case I would love to see solved. I knew the private investigator that looked into Jodi's case and he has since passed. The two cases are not related other than the points mentioned in the article in my opinion. Her case has about 3 strong potential suspects and the main POI was much older than her and was obsessed with her.

Any chance one poi is RWB? There may be a connection via a car racing story/event. Long, long, long shot, but thought I'd ask.

Any chance one poi is RWB? There may be a connection via a car racing story/event. Long, long, long shot, but thought I'd ask.

No.....RWB has never come up in Jodi's case to my knowledge. Her case is just as frustrating as Jacob's however.

This is another glaring problem in the case. We need all the real details put into one article so that people completely understand it. How bad does the public and LE want to solve this case?

I just noticed that listed in the first post of each Jacob Wetterling thread is a link called CASE FACTS.

I think I will add my post to the CASE FACTS about Trevor and the stockings/mask/911 call.

Just a heads-up. As requested by the Dateline producer, I assembled a succinct summary of the events pertaining to Jacob's kidnapping and emailed it to him. I'll keep you guys in this thread up to speed on whether or not the case gets the go-ahead.

Just a heads-up. As requested by the Dateline producer, I assembled a succinct summary of the events pertaining to Jacob's kidnapping and emailed it to him. I'll keep you guys in this thread up to speed on whether or not the case gets the go-ahead.

Thats great! Can we view the summary?

I wonder what the purpose was of having you write a one-page summary. Couldn't you just send him a few links? Copy and paste a news article into the email body? I wonder if they do this to eliminate a lot of the hundreds or thousands of requests they probably get. Do they print out all the one-page summaries, make copies, and everyone at Dateline reviews it at a meeting? I also think that one of the things that a show considers when deciding whether to feature a case, is how many people close to it will talk? Can we get interviews with LE, DA, the family, witnesses, suspects?

I hope they investigate on their own and don't take a singular perspective and create a story around it.

I wonder what the purpose was of having you write a one-page summary. Couldn't you just send him a few links? Copy and paste a news article into the email body? I wonder if they do this to eliminate a lot of the hundreds or thousands of requests they probably get. Do they print out all the one-page summaries, make copies, and everyone at Dateline reviews it at a meeting? I also think that one of the things that a show considers when deciding whether to feature a case, is how many people close to it will talk? Can we get interviews with LE, DA, the family, witnesses, suspects?

Good question. If you read Joy's interview with DR he isn't completely sure on what he saw in the car. It may have been a product of the hypnosis, which can accidentally plant things you saw into your mind.

Another car came speeding into the yard and turned around right about the time of the abduction, according to DR. I wonder why DR didn't insist THAT person was the kidnapper...makes more sense!

Rassier also told Wetterling where he thought a body could be hidden on his property.

“The person in the area who probably did this could have taken Jacob’s body and hidden it in our gravel pit,” Rassier told Patty Wetterling.

Which is it? He was spirited away in a brown Monte Carlo (that only he saw) or the abductor killed Jacob on DR property and buried him?

Who would drive like a maniac up DR driveway during the day and then return at night with no car and abduct a kid who had never, ever been out at night without an adult? So the maniac in the Monte Carlo just continued about his day and returned (for what reason, no kids at DR house) to abduct a random kid who had never been past that driveway at that hour of the night. Who would know that Jacob, Trevor & Aaron would be passing by at that time of night? Nobody, except whoever saw them on the road.

<modsnip>

And don't forget that there was a polka event going on at the Del-Win, so there might have been several out of towners in the area getting lost and turning around in DR's driveway.

And don't forget that there was a polka event going on at the Del-Win, so there might have been several out of towners in the area getting lost and turning around in DR's driveway.

If people get lost, don't you just do a u turn or back up a tiny bit into a driveway to turn around?

I find it hard to believe someone would drive 1/4 mile up a driveway.

And there is no mistaking a driveway versus a road. No way. It takes a sharp turn to go into that driveway. It is a deliberated decision, not a gradual turn.

Not a bad thought. But I recently came across an article that indicates the LE went to great lengths to talk to as many people as possible that attended the festival. They even tracked down a man in Japan!

They missed a married couple from Cold Spring though. They told me they were there for the whole fest, and when they left at 10:00 they had no idea that anything out of the ordinary had just taken place. Polka Padre did not play there that night, by the way. They knew exactly who I was talking about when I asked.

I hope they investigate on their own and don't take a singular perspective and create a story around it.

Agreed. If they so it hopefully it's an informative look at th he whole case. Unfortunately, they are out to sell, sell, sell.

Not a bad thought. But I recently came across an article that indicates the LE went to great lengths to talk to as many people as possible that attended the festival. They even tracked down a man in Japan!

They missed a married couple from Cold Spring though. They told me they were there for the whole fest, and when they left at 10:00 they had no idea that anything out of the ordinary had just taken place. Polka Padre did not play there that night, by the way. They knew exactly who I was talking about when I asked.

Do they know if any of the alphabet soup of characters we talk about on this thread were there, or for that matter do they know who any of them are?

I often drive up the driveway. Curiosity is a trait of many.

If people get lost, don't you just do a u turn or back up a tiny bit into a driveway to turn around?

I find it hard to believe someone would drive 1/4 mile up a driveway.

And there is no mistaking a driveway versus a road. No way. It takes a sharp turn to go into that driveway. It is a deliberated decision, not a gradual turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teceemac