MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed that it does not need to be called "the bloody trunk". The trunk, the lawn chair and the umbrella stand were found in a loft over the garage. Blood being found on the trunk was what got them the search warrant for the house on the 2nd day. DR tells that himself in this KSTP interview.

http://greaterminnesota.kstp.com/ne...ve-interview-jacob-wetterling-person-interest

Starting at 5:47 Dan talks about what investigators found in the search of his parent's farm and home. He says himself that "blood or blood residue" being found on the old trunk was what got them the search warrant for the house the 2nd day. (Because even though the trunk was in the garage loft with the lawn chair and the umbrella stand, it had originally been in the house.)

DR mentioned in this interview that the trunk was from an old aunt who got it from someone else, but he also mentioned there were "several items with blood or blood residue on them." When asked which items were taken besides the umbrella stand, he claimed to not remember, he said his dad has the list.

Dan also says the investigators had a specific list of items they were looking for on their original search warrant. One of the items they were looking for was a silver handgun. Dan says he can't remember what the rest of the items were.

(My thoughts on the umbrella stand, are that umbrella stands are usually filled with something heavy - sand, small gravel, ash - to hold the umbrella in place. Possibly LE wanted to check what was inside the umbrella stand base.)

I've watched that interview at least a few times before and somehow had never caught that he said there were 'several' items with blood/residue. Now my mind will stay there and ponder a bit. I wonder why he doesn't remember what other items. I thought he was such a stickler for details and records.

People may wish to read the reference that Sher has above to where DR discusses the blood. That may answer your questions about where the blood talk came from. It has been referenced on here several times.

I am really really confused. Trunk,chest, what difference do the terms make? The cedar chest I own had to be modified when my children were little because they could climb into it and the top would shut and they would die.

In the 80's, this was a big topic of safety because children were dying inside of toy boxes and in cedar chests.

My cedar chest ,like all I have ever seen ,is a large rectangular box with a top. I suppose some may be upright as a chest of drawers, but the ones I see are not. They are for storing large wool items as cedar protects from moths.

Please look at his interview. I think it will be helpful.

I

Not much IMO.....Old News(oxymoronic I suppose). I wouldn't garner much from it-it's a political interview. Description(by Sanner) is of a ski mask...we all know a ski mask has openings for the eyes to allow for vision and also to allow for goggles during snowmobiling. What about the nylon stocking mask? That has no openings. Simply a face covering- distorting facial features-one's vision would be impaired(hence the question of age). Why didn't he mention that? So which is it? A ski mask or a nylon stocking? It makes a difference. Trevor had stated that there was something dangling at the back of the abductor's head yet I've read where he(Trevor) later had seen a paperboy at the door with a ski mask(during winter) that frightened him. Body style: a man a little bit older, normal body style (IMO, average-fitting to Trevor's description). "A home close by"....obviously leading questions by the interviewer. "CASAREZ: So without any lighting, my common sense tells me someone must have known where there was a ditch." No kidding. If the perp was local this is obvious-ditches in a rural area.

Do you have a reference for the dangling? I have never read that.

I imagine Trevor would be afraid if someone came to,the door with a bandana over the face. I imagine Trevor was afraid of a lot of things.

As far as the ditch, there were numerous conversations on here about ditches. It appears that many people are not familiar with ditches based on what was said on WS.

Not much IMO.....Old News(oxymoronic I suppose). I wouldn't garner much from it-it's a political interview. Description(by Sanner) is of a ski mask...we all know a ski mask has openings for the eyes to allow for vision and also to allow for goggles during snowmobiling. What about the nylon stocking mask? That has no openings. Simply a face covering- distorting facial features-one's vision would be impaired(hence the question of age). Why didn't he mention that? So which is it? A ski mask or a nylon stocking? It makes a difference. Trevor had stated that there was something dangling at the back of the abductor's head yet I've read where he(Trevor) later had seen a paperboy at the door with a ski mask(during winter) that frightened him. Body style: a man a little bit older, normal body style (IMO, average-fitting to Trevor's description). "A home close by"....obviously leading questions by the interviewer. "CASAREZ: So without any lighting, my common sense tells me someone must have known where there was a ditch." No kidding. If the perp was local this is obvious-ditches in a rural area.

As far as this being old news, new people come on WS all of the time and ask questions. There is so much on these threads so most new people would have a difficult time reading for hours.

It is good to get information , I feel, reviewed as people have different insights.

Sher has several times brought out the info about the blood. People still,have not seen it . It is good to review

Update on Joy's blog: "Another incident and some exciting news"

http://www.joybaker.com/2014/06/22/another-incident-and-some-exciting-news/

Makes me wonder why they (LE) don't go back to the beginning to take another look at the man that was arrested. He had access to multiple cars through his work connections, lived within 2 miles of where Jared was assaulted, lived within 2 miles of where the last picture of Jacob was taken, and lived within 2 miles of where Jerry took Jacob fishing on October 22, 1989. He was a recovering alcoholic, and went to meetings. There was a meeting in Cold Spring at 8:30pm on January 13, 1989. Just sayin'.

Makes me wonder why they (LE) don't go back to the beginning to take another look at the man that was arrested. He had access to multiple cars through his work connections, lived within 2 miles of where Jared was assaulted, lived within 2 miles of where the last picture of Jacob was taken, and lived within 2 miles of where Jerry took Jacob fishing on October 22, 1989. He was a recovering alcoholic, and went to meetings. There was a meeting in Cold Spring at 8:30pm on January 13, 1989. Just sayin'.

So who is the man that was arrested?

Was it Bo?

DR was never arrested and he's POI. Could this man have been a better choice for LE to exhaust the case on?

I still say DR set up the JW abduction as a copycat crime after hearing about Jared's abduction and assault on the news. The fact that he mentions a blue car driving up his driveway at almost precisely the time of the abduction with a woman or small child in passenger seat speaks to that being a real possibility.

To all the nons-

To all the non believers in LE, tread lightly. Anyone who has visited the site of the abduction knows a stranger in a vehicle could not have happened in the circumstances of the area. The local community agrees, "the guy on the farm did it".

There is a situation right now and it is discussed here on WS. Mike Herdman, a 34 year old firefighter , went on a hike in the mountains with a 27 year old friend. Mike is an experienced hiker while the friend is not.

Mike ran after his dog. The friend searched for him . The friend was found dehydrated by some fishermen.

The dog returned to the car several days later, about 12 miles from the campsite.

Mike chased the dog barefoot. His footprints disappear.

His scent has not been found by many dogs. Even Homeland security is searching for him..

The interesting thing to me is that his footprints disappear. Kind of like with Jacob.

Hi, folks. I haven't posted in a Wetterling thread in a few years, but I thought this was important. I have been reading through the many threads I have missed, trying to catch up on the latest developments.
Anyway, I contacted a producer at Dateline, requesting this case for a two-hour feature. He wrote back saying Dateline normally only profiles resolved cases, but he expressed some interest in "getting the story out there". In my email, I had told him there was a P.o.I., though I'm personally far from convinced of his guilt.

The bottom line is, the Dateline producer asked me to write a one-page synopsis "...of the case and its history with details on the persons of interest". I know a fair amount about the case, but not as much as some of you. As a writer, I can easily pen such a synopsis, but I would prefer that someone with more insight into the case did it. That would be appreciated. Either post it here, or PM me and I'll either send it myself or give you the producer's email. Links are very welcome, by the way.

It would be tremendous to get the case some international attention again, especially in view of the upcoming 25th:( anniversary.

Hi Soul, do you know for certain that the person you describe is the person arrested at one time in Jared's case?

who is Bo?

Patrick J. Marker of Circle Path Media, LLC, outed this individual in February of this year, alleging that this person was previously questioned by criminal investigators in the Jacob Wetterling case.

Circle Path Media, LLC, creates and maintains various websites pertaining primarily to the pederastic proclivities (and other pathologies) endemic to the Catholic priesthood, for example:

www.behindthepinecurtain.com
www.misconductinlatrobe.com
www.deceptioninconception.com
www.underthegreenwave.com

Prov. 11:14

Patrick J. Marker of Circle Path Media, LLC, outed this individual in February of this year, alleging that this person was previously questioned by criminal investigators in the Jacob Wetterling case.

Circle Path Media, LLC, creates and maintains various websites pertaining primarily to the pederastic proclivities (and other pathologies) endemic to the Catholic priesthood, for example:

www.behindthepinecurtain.com
www.misconductinlatrobe.com
www.deceptioninconception.com
www.underthegreenwave.com

Prov. 11:14

We've talked about this information being removed from the pine curtain site before on here. "Bo" is not really "outed" though, if the information on him is hidden and you need a password to see it. It seems any negative info on him has been wiped from online sources.

How does one get a PW for Behind the Pine Curtain? I've communicated with Marker in the past regarding his topic.

Trevor's description of the mask in the 911 call.

"He had like uh kind of like looks like these nylon things, as a mask. Do you know what color it was? Black. A black mask? Do you know what color jacket he had on? I think it was black too. Ok. Did you notice any jeans or anything? Yeah, just a second (asking others inaudible) Trevor, do you know what happened to your friend’s bicycle? Um no, we don’t know. Nobody knows what happened to that? Cause we had to just like run off into the woods. OK, you guys ran off into the woods but nobody knows what happened to Jacob, "

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MN MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #4

Trevor's description of the mask in the 911 call.

"He had like uh kind of like looks like these nylon things, as a mask. Do you know what color it was? Black. A black mask? Do you know what color jacket he had on? I think it was black too. Ok. Did you notice any jeans or anything? Yeah, just a second (asking others inaudible) Trevor, do you know what happened to your friend’s bicycle? Um no, we don’t know. Nobody knows what happened to that? Cause we had to just like run off into the woods. OK, you guys ran off into the woods but nobody knows what happened to Jacob, "

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MN MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #4

Trevor did also mention "something kind of hanging down in the back" in one of his other interviews. I'll look for the link tomorrow.

Trevor did also mention "something kind of hanging down in the back" in one of his other interviews. I'll look for the link tomorrow.

And why would a random stranger need to cover his face in the pitch black of night? Who would have access to black pantyhose at the last minute? Only someone who feared recognition would cover their face in the darkness. This crime was conceived and carried out in about 40 minutes. These boys had NEVER been out alone at night before this night. We know they were not followed out of the store by anyone as there were no cars passing them. That means it was someone who saw them on their way TO the store. That person had just enough time to grab some black pantyhose, put on a dark jacket, grab a gun or what looked like a gun and get back into position for when the boys came by. If you cut off the 10 minutes it took to get to DR's driveway from their home, it leaves only 30 minutes. And the time for the perp to prepare and act gets shorter as the boys move to the store since they had to observe the fact that they were alone prior to making the plan. They had to have been observed on the way. And no cars passing means it was someone on foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NarratrixofNightmares