Found Deceased MN - Joseph Brunn, 23, Otsego, 3 October 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The article said "corn fields". I could well imagine him stumbling drunk into a cornfield and passing out in there.

It's interesting that search dogs tracked him to CR 39 & O'Dean but the trail stops there. I wonder if a friend went after him and picked him up.

Unfortunately I think he's going to turn up in the river. I'm guessing he was intoxicated, I read somewhere he was kicked out of the bar, but going back over everything I can't find it again - so that is just rumor. But if he was that drunk that he got asked to leave, would he have been coherent enough to walk and not try to drive?

The path he took was headed straight for the river. I think he stumbled in, not knowing he was that close.

ALL IMO

I think they need a law in all states where they can't just put a drunk person out on the street.
I feel every bar should have a taxi on call or someone at the bar to drive these ppl home.
How many times do we read about these young men being intoxicated and foundo in rivers and ponds. Very sad.

I think they need a law in all states where they can't just put a drunk person out on the street.
I feel every bar should have a taxi on call or someone at the bar to drive these ppl home.
How many times do we read about these young men being intoxicated and foundo in rivers and ponds. Very sad.
I wholeheartedly agree. I work in a bar part time and I see people get kicked out almost every time I work.

On Sunday they cut a guy off and told him it was time to go. He went out and tried to cross the street on a red light. He almost got hit by a car so they went back out and grabbed him and brought him back in and made him sit and drink water until a cab came to get him.

I've seen them do that more than once.

If only all bars would do that.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Completely agree. I wish the public transit system was as big here as it is in Europe.

Unfortunately, in this case, it wouldn't have mattered. He was in walking distance from the hotel he had a room booked at.

Joe disappeared from my home town. He's only a year older than my younger sister and they have several mutual friends (Joe attended Rogers HS while my sister attended Elk River). When I get on FB, this is the only thing I see. My mom is out searching today.

I have to say, the way the community has handled this...I could not be more proud to have come up in this area. When you compare this search to that of Henry McCabe, the differences are astounding.

Completely agree. I wish the public transit system was as big here as it is in Europe.

Unfortunately, in this case, it wouldn't have mattered. He was in walking distance from the hotel he had a room booked at.

Joe disappeared from my home town. He's only a year older than my younger sister and they have several mutual friends (Joe attended Rogers HS while my sister attended Elk River). When I get on FB, this is the only thing I see. My mom is out searching today.

I have to say, the way the community has handled this...I could not be more proud to have come up in this area. When you compare this search to that of Henry McCabe, the differences are astounding.
I was thinking the same thing about the searches. I started seeing posts on SM on Sunday for Joe. With HM, it was at least two weeks later.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

See my thing is drive them home or keep them till they are sober.
Bars need to. Be held responsible.

This place.I gew.up had a bar and the guy bought an old school bus and would drive. Everyone else home .of matter what. His bar was packed always.
The police were gratefull. No one died.

bbm - so you know the area well where he went missing from? Can you describe it to us? TIA!

bbm - so you know the area well where he went missing from? Can you describe it to us? TIA!

Sure! It's grown pretty significantly since I've lived there but the relevant locations haven't changed.

I put together this map so you have an idea of what's what and the proximity of all these places to the river as well as where Joe lived in Monticello (note: I don't have his address, just know that he lives near Monticello high school so that point is just an approximation). I'll have to find the link to the relevant news source, but it was mentioned by a friend or family member that Joe is definitely the kind of guy that would walk 10 miles home in the middle of the night.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zKSrQStze_fA.ktN-mkw7BKGM&usp=sharing

The whole area used to be farmland. The housing development just west of the Holiday Inn has been there for several years. In fact, my aunt and uncle used to live in there. The Super Target just south of Boondox opened in 2008. The commercial area on the east side of 101 is all new within the past 5 years I'd say with the exception of the 101 Market. The farther you travel west down County Rd. 39, the more farmland there is. Those cornfields have got to be HELL to search.

Somebody posted some drone footage from a search. It's so hard to see down in there even with the aerial view. Then you look at the miles and miles of cornfields in the area...all I can think is that this is a DAUNTING task.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCRMa3N40qY&feature=youtu.be

Edit: Found the link. It's his uncle speaking at about 1:20. http://www.kare11.com/story/news/lo...rs-search-for-missing-wright-co-man/73381084/

Sure! It's grown pretty significantly since I've lived there but the relevant locations haven't changed.

I put together this map so you have an idea of what's what and the proximity of all these places to the river as well as where Joe lived in Monticello (note: I don't have his address, just know that he lives near Monticello high school so that point is just an approximation). I'll have to find the link to the relevant news source, but it was mentioned by a friend or family member that Joe is definitely the kind of guy that would walk 10 miles home in the middle of the night.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zKSrQStze_fA.ktN-mkw7BKGM&usp=sharing

The whole area used to be farmland. The housing development just west of the Holiday Inn has been there for several years. In fact, my aunt and uncle used to live in there. The Super Target just south of Boondox opened in 2008. The commercial area on the east side of 101 is all new within the past 5 years I'd say with the exception of the 101 Market. The farther you travel west down County Rd. 39, the more farmland there is. Those cornfields have got to be HELL to search.

Somebody posted some drone footage from a search. It's so hard to see down in there even with the aerial view. Then you look at the miles and miles of cornfields in the area...all I can think is that this is a DAUNTING task.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCRMa3N40qY&feature=youtu.be

Edit: Found the link. It's his uncle speaking at about 1:20. http://www.kare11.com/story/news/lo...rs-search-for-missing-wright-co-man/73381084/

Awesome kelso! Thank you so much! And a map as well. This is so helpful.

Yea those fields ... I think he's lying somewhere ... it looks all very 'brushy'.

Such a strange situation. I would love to know what his friends had to say about his state of mind at the bar....

Great question... according to Kare11...it was his sister's wedding
http://www.kare11.com/story/news/lo...rs-search-for-missing-wright-co-man/73381084/
IMO - just bring more emotion to the search and possibly to his state of mind

"Brunn had a hotel room at the Holiday Inn, but his aunt believes he may have gotten confused and tried to walk to either Monticello or Rogers, where he and his family live respectively."
http://rapidnewsnetwork.com/wright-co-seeks-help-in-locating-missing-man/210192/
IMO - so really happened in the bar to make him upset or confused or whatever that got his brain thinking he had to go home and not drive with all his family there. Somebody knows...

Great question... according to Kare11...it was his sister's wedding
http://www.kare11.com/story/news/lo...rs-search-for-missing-wright-co-man/73381084/
IMO - just bring more emotion to the search and possibly to his state of mind

"Brunn had a hotel room at the Holiday Inn, but his aunt believes he may have gotten confused and tried to walk to either Monticello or Rogers, where he and his family live respectively."
http://rapidnewsnetwork.com/wright-co-seeks-help-in-locating-missing-man/210192/
IMO - so really happened in the bar to make him upset or confused or whatever that got his brain thinking he had to go home and not drive with all his family there. Somebody knows...

The report that it was his sister's wedding is bad reporting. One of his sister's is getting married later this month, though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mili
Back