MN MN - Joshua Guimond, 20, Collegeville, 9 Nov 2002 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For the love of God.....What the heck is going on down there?
And this is exactly why I think a monk was grooming a student to work with him to spike Josh's drink.

It's incredibly disturbing to read and trust me, I've read some things in my time! The love-bombing and making the victim feel special is typical of predators. It's one of the most sickening things I've ever seen.

This is just one of many of the monks as well! And this isn't even all of the things he has done wrong. It's absolutely terrifying these people aren't locked up in jail for 20+ years. Perhaps even more terrifying is the fact he was on the door of Metten Court, so he'd likely see Josh leaving and be able to alert other monks. What an awful place.

Ben Spanier, the victim, in the letters, took his own life in December 2014. After son's suicide, parents seek change at St. John's
During my research on Josh and St Johns, I'd read about both Ben and the grooming letters from Andert. I had no idea the grooming letters were sent to Ben. How is it possible that Andert is not in jail? Ben is dead because of all the mental health issues caused by the abuse.

And how despicable of Klassen. "Abbot Klassen declined to be interviewed for this story, saying through the spokesperson it wouldn't be appropriate."

The corruption and vile abuse that has gone on in that Abbey is on a scale that no one has ever seen before. It needs to be knocked down to the ground and the credibly accused monsters jailed.

During my research on Josh and St Johns, I'd read about both Ben and the grooming letters from Andert. I had no idea the grooming letters were sent to Ben. How is it possible that Andert is not in jail? Ben is dead because of all the mental health issues caused by the abuse.

And how despicable of Klassen. "Abbot Klassen declined to be interviewed for this story, saying through the spokesperson it wouldn't be appropriate."

The corruption and vile abuse that has gone on in that Abbey is on a scale that no one has ever seen before. It needs to be knocked down to the ground and the credibly accused monsters jailed.
I would never really do it, but I said this morning to my friend, they should burn the whole thing down. It makes me so very angry.

I would never really do it, but I said this morning to my friend, they should burn the whole thing down. It makes me so very angry.
I've made 2 people watch the netflix documentary recently and each of them said the same thing as I said many, many posts ago about Nick being shifty, constantly referring to Josh as his best friend, accepting then refusing the polygraph, the kissing Katie, the time discrepancy etc. And as for kissing your "best friends" ex partner - is that something you'd do after your best friend splits up?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, but the problem in this case is all the different possibilities. I do see what my friends are saying about Nick - the fact his time doesn't line up is HUGE.

And you know what makes it even bigger? What was Katie's job at the mock trials?

"sophomore Katie Benson is the timekeeper" (Source: here).

You just couldn't write it could you?! She was a timekeeper - and her and Nick have a time discrepancy.

I'm going to leave all my thoughts, ideas and theories over the past few pages. I'm hopeful that more people will keep this case going strong. I'm going to check back from time to time. I've dedicated the last 2 months or so reading every aspect of this case - many nights getting just 2 hours sleep before beginning again.

I still think the people at the poker party likely know more. And I still think that if Josh did indeed make it to the bridge or over the bridge, he was grabbed (either by force, or by a ruse) from that car-park outside Maur House. That's if he made it out of Metten Court.

I genuinely hope Josh's parents get an answer soon. They should never have gone through this, and as for Josh - what an incredible shame that someone so intelligent, with a great personality and unlimited potential was the victim of whatever took place that night. I sure do hope that Stearn's County make this their #1 priority and make it their life's work to catch the person(s) responsible.

I'm going to leave all my thoughts, ideas and theories over the past few pages. I'm hopeful that more people will keep this case going strong. I'm going to check back from time to time. I've dedicated the last 2 months or so reading every aspect of this case - many nights getting just 2 hours sleep before beginning again.

I still think the people at the poker party likely know more. And I still think that if Josh did indeed make it to the bridge or over the bridge, he was grabbed (either by force, or by a ruse) from that car-park outside Maur House. That's if he made it out of Metten Court.

I genuinely hope Josh's parents get an answer soon. They should never have gone through this, and as for Josh - what an incredible shame that someone so intelligent, with a great personality and unlimited potential was the victim of whatever took place that night. I sure do hope that Stearn's County make this their #1 priority and make it their life's work to catch the person(s) responsible.
You sound a bit disappointed, or is that just me? It should be said: you did a great job, laying your theories out and refreshing this case. Thank you for that. I hope you get some sleep :)

You sound a bit disappointed, or is that just me? It should be said: you did a great job, laying your theories out and refreshing this case. Thank you for that. I hope you get some sleep :)
Not disappointed with anyone here. Just disappointed that the forum seems to have had so many ideas and been willing to help, and the SCSO have made so little progress.... In 2 decades!! Releasing photographs years later is just pathetic. Unfortunately I cannot say more.

I'll continue researching this case in the background, but for now, I do have one question for anyone who knows. The monks were supposed to be on the doors of the dorms. Wasn't Andert supposed to be on the dorm of Metten Ct that night? If anyone has any interview or reference to the monks statements during that time, I'd very much like to see them. In all my time researching this, that's one critical piece of info I haven't read.

I'll continue researching this case in the background, but for now, I do have one question for anyone who knows. The monks were supposed to be on the doors of the dorms. Wasn't Andert supposed to be on the dorm of Metten Ct that night? If anyone has any interview or reference to the monks statements during that time, I'd very much like to see them. In all my time researching this, that's one critical piece of info I haven't read.
if I may take over in your absence sir... i have been following this thread with interest for a while althoug h i dont post much.

the last few pages have been interesting because i have now listened to all of the podcast simply vanished snd i feel that one area people are not looking at is joshs bedroom in the dorms.

if we think what was found we can discuss from there. joshs tv was "left" on. joshs glasses were "still there" and contacts too. joshs car keys......"still there". music "left on" on the computer. are we seeing a pattern here???

i have a theory that we might have a staged crime scene which is designed to throw police off the trail. go and look at photos of josh and you will notice one thing he always wears his glasses. i have only ever seen 4 or 5 photos of josh and without glasses i think he wears contacts.

but my point is this.........did anyone at the party see josh wearing glasses? if someone did something to josh and came back and placed the glasses in josh's room that would be a huge sign. how many people who need glasses or contacts go outt without them??? and how many people who go out without glasses or contacts go out and leave the tv on???

is it just me or does anyone else think joshs room seems too perfect considering thesituation

Don't worry I'm not going anywhere - I am just posting a little bit less, letting people catch up on the last 3-4 pages and seeing where we go from here. I agree that the room does sound somewhat "staged".

I like your theory and where you're going with it. And I can add to it.. "credit cards or even his coat when he went missing, the weather was very bad at the time and there were no belongings at all missing from his room" (Source: FindJoshua).

So if we break this down, we've got:
  • Josh missing.
  • Credit cards, coat, glasses, contacts, wallet, car keys still in Josh's room.
  • TV on.
  • Music playing and skipping in the night (Source: SimplyVanished).
  • Josh's car not moved.
For someone to go into Josh's dorm room, they'd need to keycard in. Nick didn't keycard in until after 2:42am. I'd be interested to know if the music continued playing or pausing or skipping or whatever it was doing that night. I need to go back and listen to the podcast again.

Either way, Greg gets back to Maur House at 3am. "Greg gets back from the card party at around 3:00 am Sunday morning. He doesn't live on the same floor as Josh and Nick, so he isn't sure whether Josh was there or not. One of the other roommates had been gone for the entire weekend, and it is unclear whether the remaining two were on campus or not during that time period." - Source (Uncovered).

I find the times suspicious as heck! Until now, I didn't know Greg got back at 3am. So Katie says Nick left around 1am, Nick key cards in at 2:42am, then Greg gets back from the card party 18 mins after Nick, at 3am?

I've never seen this quote before, but: "Guimond’s mother, Lisa Cheney, tells producers she suspects her son died, possibly by accident, at the St. John’s campus party in question. Cheney suspects that other students ultimately covered up her son’s death." (Source: Oxygen)

This brings me RIGHT back to my poker party overdose theory!!!

Josh accidentally dies somehow (potentially drug overdose, or after a spiked drink etc) and Josh's friends call up Nick and then Nick keycards in at 2:42am and Greg 18 mins later at 3am.

Those friends have to know more. I'm really, really buying into the staged room theory now. Let me think about this some more and I'll post back later.

This would explain a lot of things. It would explain why none of Josh's belongings were missing....because it was never a robbery! Josh probably did go to the poker party with his glasses on. I always found it strange that a guy who needed glasses or contacts would go without either of them at gone 11pm when campus isn't lit up very well. That story never made much sense to me.

This explains why Nick's timeline is messed up. This explains why the TV was left on, why music was playing in the night (maybe they were in Josh's room, planting the glasses back on the dresser). Nick and Josh shared the same 4th floor room so we know that Nick was able to get to Josh's room, and by extension, Josh's friends too.

This article is a very good read relating to staged crime scenes. What do other people think about this?

This would explain a lot of things. It would explain why none of Josh's belongings were missing....because it was never a robbery! Josh probably did go to the poker party with his glasses on. I always found it strange that a guy who needed glasses or contacts would go without either of them at gone 11pm when campus isn't lit up very well. That story never made much sense to me.

This explains why Nick's timeline is messed up. This explains why the TV was left on, why music was playing in the night (maybe they were in Josh's room, planting the glasses back on the dresser). Nick and Josh shared the same 4th floor room so we know that Nick was able to get to Josh's room, and by extension, Josh's friends too.

This article is a very good read relating to staged crime scenes. What do other people think about this?
Was there a so called "mother keycard" that somehow didn't register? Could the registration be manipulated? I think it's weird if you need glasses or contacts you go to a poker game without both. Having both IMO that means you probably really need them, but off course we don't know what kind of eye defect Josh had. Without either one of them for me it would mean I wouldn't be able to see faces and the cards sharp.

Was there a so called "mother keycard" that somehow didn't register? Could the registration be manipulated? I think it's weird if you need glasses or contacts you go to a poker game without both. Having both IMO that means you probably really need them, but off course we don't know what kind of eye defect Josh had. Without either one of them for me it would mean I wouldn't be able to see faces and the cards sharp.
I've never seen the door card records. I don't think they've made them public. But the glasses thing...I agree. It does make me wonder if the glasses were placed there after. Josh "goes missing"

I've never seen the door card records. I don't think they've made them public. But the glasses thing...I agree. It does make me wonder if the glasses were placed there after. Josh "goes missing"
I didn't read about it anywhere, but did Josh had a cell phone? Although what we know about the card registration says otherwise, it feels like Josh or somebody else was in his room before he went missing.

I didn't read about it anywhere, but did Josh had a cell phone? Although what we know about the card registration says otherwise, it feels like Josh or somebody else was in his room before he went missing.
No I josh didn't have a phone. I saw a article that said Josh had a 27 minute call with a mystery person but they could never find who it was because he used a prepaid phone card not a mobile phone.

My personal opinion is that they need someone to check Josh's computer again (NOT Stearns county, but someone independent) and look at what has happened. Can you imagine if there has been a mistake or the times are wrong.

For me, I believe Katie's time is correct, and Nick left at 1am. Nick and Greg both sign in close to 3am which suggests they might have been together before returning to the dorm and staggered their times returning to dorm.

We've got to say, all of the poker party folks have been exceptionally quiet. If someone when missing from a party I was at, or a party I hosted, I'd be giving the police every bit of information I had. But they aren't. Why? Because they're keeping it secret.

I don't think this is a huge crazy mystery. I think it's a bunch of friends at a poker game, drinking, maybe doing some drugs when their friend overdoses. Instead of seeking help they decide to dispose of the body because they don't want to get in trouble for drugs and ruin their careers. I've managed to find out 3-4 names of people at the poker party and each of them are now in very, very well paying jobs. So for them, their plan has came off.

I'm sure I read some kind of list of everything that was found inside Josh's room, but I can't seem to find it anymore. I vaguely remember there was something with the contacts. Could it be that only the contact case was there? If so, could it be that Josh went back to his dorm at approx. 11:06 to change his glasses for contacts?

1700406115897.png

I totally don't understand the music playing. Who was in the room, if not Josh? Missing: Joshua Guimond | St. Joseph, MN | Uncovered What other explanation(s) could there be?

Could his door have been still open, because he left in a hurry, while the others were waiting for him?

Just thinking out loud. Josh left the party at around 11:55. This is an approx obviously. I think people on a party don't look at their watches all the time. This would mean he was only there for a little bit more then a half hour, arriving at the party around 11:15. Why join a poker game if you have only a half hour. It looks like he suddenly remembered something and had to leave. Could it be somebody who came a little later to the party told Josh there was music coming from his room?

1700406365869.png

Just a silly question but if somebody is capable of making a fake drivers license (how easy or difficult was that anyway, considering "the state of the art" in 2002) could they also make a fake entrance card, manipulate the card registration. Or have other methods to get into somebody's room, f.i. what they do with skimming, copying the magnetic strip on a bank card?

Just a silly question but if somebody is capable of making a fake drivers license (how easy or difficult was that anyway, considering "the state of the art" in 2002) could they also make a fake entrance card, manipulate the card registration. Or have other methods to get into somebody's room, f.i. what they do with skimming, copying the magnetic strip on a bank card?
Very different technology. A fake driver’s license was just printing one out. Mag strip or faking a computer monitored door card is quite different.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase
Back