MN - Justine Damond, 40, fatally shot by Minneapolis LE, 15 July 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen a new theory (speculation) that he was possibly startled by fireworks.

Just read an article about this - in the recording released we do hear someone say something about "those were fireworks"....or something like that.....still doesn't explain the overreaction but could possibly help understand what was going through Noor's mind...

ETA - MOO and all that

Just read an article about this - in the recording released we do hear someone say something about "those were fireworks"....or something like that.....still doesn't explain the overreaction but could possibly help understand what was going through Noor's mind...

If 'fireworks" theory is to be believed, he heard a noise and shot a woman standing next to the car. As he was apparently shooting from inside the car, he could have accidentally shot his partner too. Yet neither one of them turned on their cameras, neither before or after the shooting.

If 'fireworks" theory is to be believed, he heard a noise and shot a woman standing next to the car. As he was apparently shooting from inside the car, he could have accidentally shot his partner too. Yet neither one of them turned on their cameras, neither before or after the shooting.

absolutely!

Fireworks were going off about a week before and after July 4th here. Approximately 90% of my county is armed; no one was shot in this timeframe... imagine that!

WHAT????? Um- I tend to think that is not an option?

Can't get this to highlite on my phone - same link makes it sound like not talking is an option.....maybe like a "right to remain silent" or "against self-incrimination"....I don't know. I'm not American.....I just watch American TV :noooo:

4-223 BODY WORN CAMERAS (06/29/16)

1. Activation Required
a. When safe to do so, officers shall manually activate the BWC during the following situations.
· Traffic stops.
· Suspicious Person stops.
· Suspicious Vehicle stops.
· Any vehicular response requiring emergency driving as defined by MPD P/P 7-402, or emergency response as defined by MPD P/P 7-403.
· Vehicle pursuits.
· Work-related transports not involving a ride-along or another City employee in their official capacity as a City employee.
· Any search, including but not limited to searches of vehicles, persons, and buildings.
· Any contact involving criminal activity.
· Any contact involving physical or verbal confrontations.
· Any contact that is, or becomes adversarial.
· When advising a person of their Miranda rights.
· When ordered to by a supervisor.
· Prior to any use of force. If a BWC is not activated prior to a use of force, it shall be activated as soon as it is safe to do so.
· Any tactical entry or forced entry into a building, unless a supervisor has determined in advance that the video or audio data could result in the disclosure of operational or tactical information that would compromise the effectiveness of future actions or jeopardize officer safety.
b. Activation shall occur as soon as possible, but before any citizen contact.
i. If a situation changes to require activation, the officer shall immediately activate the BWC as soon as it is safe to do so.

c. All strip searches shall be recorded by at least one person present during the entirety of the strip search, including all pre-search instructions provided to the person being searched.
i. The camera shall be positioned to ensure that only audio data is collected and that the person being searched is not captured on video.
d. If there is a failure to activate the BWC in any of the above situations, the Officer shall document the reasons for the failure in the Officer’s report or supplement.
i. If a report is not prepared, the reasons for the failure to activate shall be documented via added remarks in Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD).

http://www.minneapolismn.gov/police/policy/mpdpolicy_4-200_4-200

http://m.startribune.com/authoritie...days-after-justine-damond-shooting/435251273/

From this article - Noor is still refusing to be interviewed by investigators and there will be a brief media briefing at 8pm (assuming CST).....

Cops should NOT be able to refuse interview. In fact, there should be some law in place that requires them to be interviewed immediately after the incident, not days later when they have the opportunity to come up with a story. If I recall correctly, the officer in the Philando case gave a statement while still on the scene. When you take an oath to public service, IMO you have a duty to be forthcoming.

And if this cop was startled by fireworks, that is straight up negligence. He should have kept the gun put away if he couldn't act responsibly with it. [emoji35]

SABBM

Esp. that bolded bit.

Without knowing more about this tragic case; I'm thinking this Noor would be better working in a non-excitable environment like a factory welder or electrician !

This person should probably quit and find employment better suited to his personality.
If she was standing there, talking to a cop ---that is generally standard procedure after calling in a 911 for an assault--- you speak to the police and let them know what you heard, saw, etc.

There are people working in various occupations from law enforcement to day care institutions who SHOULD NOT be working in those fields !

My adult child has an acquaintance whose mother works in a day care ; and I've never met such a cold, bitter person. She gives people the creeps. And yet the day care she works for continues to employ her --despite numerous complaints.
The things she said at a friend's child's wedding last summer, about what she thinks of children. My god.

If you cannot or are incapable of doing your job correctly-- find work elsewhere. It's not that difficult.
Noor needs to resign and get a job somewhere else-- possibly janitorial or factory work -- where he wouldn't be armed, and would possibly be able to work alone. No interaction with others.
:moo:

Mops may be too dangerous for him to handle as well. [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new information from the BCA does not fully answer those questions — in part because Noor refused to be interviewed by investigators, so his mind-set is still a mystery — but it offers a timeline of what happened that night. The BCA said Noor's attorney, Thomas Plunkett, has not indicated whether the officer will give an interview. He did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Harrity's attorney, Fred Bruno, confirmed he was representing the officer but did not comment further.

http://m.startribune.com/authoritie...days-after-justine-damond-shooting/435251273/

Mayor Betsy Hodges, MPD Assistant Chief Medaria Arradondo, and City Council Member Linea Palmisano will hold a media briefing at 8 p.m. Tuesday evening.

How can he refuse an interview? Can someone please explain that to me?

I think it is more than that. They think the scummy victims deserve it,They do not identify with them one bit

"They" never have. I have had friends for the last 25 years that are PO. They actually say Us and Them. We are unfriendly and not connected or related to PO.

It's virtually a war in the minds of the police that I know. JMO etc...

How can he refuse an interview? Can someone please explain that to me?
I'd like the explanation as well. I guess I wrongly assumed a police officer is required to be interviewed by investigators as well as IA.

I'd like the explanation as well. I guess I wrongly assumed a police officer is required to be interviewed by investigators as well as IA.

I definitely agree......but I'm wondering if he knows he royally f'ed up and is more worried about avoiding jail than saving his job. Would he be afforded the same rights as any other American to refuse to talk to authorities?

MOO

I definitely agree......but I'm wondering if he knows he royally f'ed up and is more worried about avoiding jail than saving his job. Would he be afforded the same rights as any other American to refuse to talk to authorities?

MOO

If he is refusing to give an interview, I'd say he is more concerned about going to prison than keeping his job. I fail to see how he could possibly keep his job if he won't even explain why he shot and killed an un-armed woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lea94