MN - Justine Damond, 40, fatally shot by Minneapolis LE, 15 July 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I don't want to argue whether Brown's shooting was justified.....I, also, don't think the 2 situations are remotely comparable.....she had not just committed robbery, she did not try to take an officer's gun (that we are aware of....I get it....we know nothing). MOO

How do we know they are not comparable if we don't even know what happened? Regardless, the point is that these officers can make up whatever story they want, they can say she looked like a demon with what looked like a gun in her hand. I guess we just take their word for it.....

Many MSM articles have cited that she was shot multiple times (the links have been posted several times previously), although the coroner did say death was from "one shot to the abdomen". I'm assuming that means only one shot was fatal. But like you said, with so little info being released.....who really knows?

He could have shot multiple times but missed. Certainly in many police shootings a lot of shots miss.

Hoping there could be home security video that captured this? Maybe a neighbors camera was watching.

three seems excessive in just two years doesn't it?

Correct - Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman said both officers should have switched on their cameras when they were approached by Damond in the alley.

http://www.kare11.com/news/mpls-police-officer-who-shot-killed-woman-identified/457339023

Exactly. And if they didn't do it then, surely they should have done it after the shooting. From what I have read, if they turned it on then, the previous 30 seconds would have been saved too, so it might have caught the shooting.

Noor, who joined the Minneapolis Police in March 2015, has had three complaints made against him in two years - including a lawsuit.

Two are from 2017 and one from 2016 is closed and according to Lou Raguse of Kare 11 is marked 'not to be made public'.

The lawsuit stems from a police call on May 25, 2017, when Noor and two other officers took a woman to hospital and she claimed that they carried out false imprisonment, assault and battery.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4703892/Police-officer-shot-Justine-Damond-identified.html

The instance with the woman going to the hospital sounds confusing,

The relatives claimed she had mental health issues. She called about some kid who may have been doing nothing or she is paranoid . That case needs more explanation.

Thread is open again for civilized discussion.

This thread is dedicated specifically to the case of JustineDamond being shot and killed by a Minnesota police officer.

Stay on topic, and stop the personalizing andbickering, and bringing in your own agendas that consist of victim bashing, generalLE bashing, gang affiliations, other cases, racism, gun control, etc.

three seems excessive in just two years doesn't it?

Yes it does, the one that "is not to be made public" is baffling. Seems all police actions should be made public, that should be public.

Eta He needs to be fired.

I know these threads must be hard to moderate, so many layers and so much speculation.

I will come back and check in when more news is released.

In the meantime, I'm going to practice on my own patience and kindness [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it does, the one that "is not to be made public" is baffling. Seems all police actions should be made public, that should be public.

Eta He needs to be fired.

BBM

IMO he needs to be CHARGED......firing should be a given based on the fact he didn't follow proper procedures with respect to the body cam.....

without a doubt this raises a few more unanswered questions and red flags.

I wish they would release some information about how this happened.

BBM

IMO he needs to be CHARGED......firing should be a given based on the fact he didn't follow proper procedures with respect to the body cam.....

I'd say. To me, firing also seems a given. He shot and killed an un-armed woman, and police hasn't even provided a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lea94