MN - Justine Damond, 40, fatally shot by Minneapolis LE, 15 July 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Noor, who joined the Minneapolis Police in March 2015, has had three complaints made against him in two years - including a lawsuit.

Two are from 2017 and one from 2016 is closed and according to Lou Raguse of Kare 11 is marked 'not to be made public'.

The lawsuit stems from a police call on May 25, 2017, when Noor and two other officers took a woman to hospital and she claimed that they carried out false imprisonment, assault and battery.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4703892/Police-officer-shot-Justine-Damond-identified.html

I'm just wondering if it's known if Noor was interviewed in these three cases?

Can he be charged anyway, without giving an interview?

People are charged day in and day out without giving interviews. Of course it's always best to have evidence and a confession.

I'm just wondering if it's known if Noor was interviewed in these three cases?

And why was he still on the job
With this pending lawsuit from late may? Shouldn't he have at least been on desk duty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And why was he still on the job
With this pending lawsuit from late may? Shouldn't he have at least been on desk duty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The lawsuit seems a bit unclear. They woman's relatives say that she was mentally ill and the police took her unwilling to hospital. Maybe they should have had a doctor at the scene to section her and they didn't.

Can't see why he's not in jail already, if he was a normal citizen he would be. I think this is a murder same as any other, unless I hear she was armed when shot and being aggressive towards police, which I doubt as most Australians wouldn't know the first thing about guns and wouldn't want to own one.

Mayor stumbled at the beginning......made some statements that IMO could be used against her.....I can't remember her phrasing, but it wasn't something like that this was a needless death......and then her comment about wishing they could force Noor to give a statement.....all MOO

Mayor stumbled at the beginning......made some statements that IMO could be used against her.....I can't remember her phrasing, but it wasn't something like that this was a needless death......and then her comment about wishing they could force Noor to give a statement.....all MOO

She just asked the same questions that we have been asking.

She just asked the same questions that we have been asking.

I agree - guess I could look at it as making her more human.....but she just admitted that she "misspoke earlier".....I wish they could compel him to give a statement......But I can see her opening as making headlines. MOO

911 transcript in process of being transcribed and will be released publicly after its released to the family

Can't see why he's not in jail already, if he was a normal citizen he would be. I think this is a murder same as any other, unless I hear she was armed when shot and being aggressive towards police, which I doubt as most Australians wouldn't know the first thing about guns and wouldn't want to own one.

I don't understand that either. If I shoot and kill someone, I can't tell the police/prosecutor "I don't want to talk about it" and go home. If he doesn't want to be interviewed, fine. Then he should be charged with murder, go to jail, and wait for his trial. He apparently doesn't have a reasonable explanation for what he did or HE'D EXPLAIN IT.

The question was asked "Is this the first time an officer in your department has refused to be interviewed after an incident". Did anyone catch the answer to that? I didn't hear it.

The question was asked "Is this the first time an officer in your department has refused to be interviewed after an incident". Did anyone catch the answer to that? I didn't hear it.

He said that would be a question for the BCA - didn't give an answer really

He said that would be a question for the BCA - didn't give an answer really

There have been a lot of cases where police shot and killed someone. I don't recall any other case where police officer to even refused to give his/her side of the story. Usually they claim they feared for their life, etc. But I presume they don't refuse to even give an interview to investigators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlacath