MN - Justine Damond, 40, fatally shot by Minneapolis LE, 15 July 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know how the story has change do from MULTIPLE gunshots fired to a SINGLE shot to the abdomen. I understand how the two may not be mutually exclusive (he shot several times, only hit her once or only the abdomen wound was fatal), but how many times he shot her is crucial IMO. Once could conceivably be an accident.......multiple times means not an accidental discharge.....not that there should ever be an accidental discharge......my point is this is an important detail that since the BCA released some details last night, seems to have changed........MOO

A gunshot to the abdomen is not a quick death, it is a slow death by blood-loss in the abdomen, and an agonising slow horrifically painful death by blood-loss in the abdomen. Poor Justine Damond, she would have died within 5-10 minutes of horrible indescribable agony caused by a bullet crashing through her abdomen. The gunman would have only narrowly missed his partner - the driver of the squad-car. Poor Justine Damond - she called the police to try to help someone she thought was being attacked, never thinking for a moment that a nervous (possible paranoid) trigger-happy partner would bring her life to an end that night. (He is not talking - only through a lawyer). JMOO
If I have said something wrong Mods please edit - thanks......JMOO.

Hopefully, the transcript of Justine's 911 call will be released soon, as well as the audio/transcript of what dispatch told the officers as they were driving to the scene.

Was Justine in the alley as she called? Was she still connected to the operator as she approached the squad car? Did dispatch tell the officers that the caller was in the alley?

I think one take away given the situation is if you call 911 stay inside!! You may be shot.

"One resident a block from the scene, waiter Tom McConnell, said however it was common during the current summer holidays for fireworks left over from the recent July 4 celebrations to be set off on weekend nights."

That is my experience too...not uncommon to hear in the neighborhood at all during summer weekends...this is a very very nice neighborhood with lots of children of all ages. Again if an officer cannot deal with the sound of fireworks they should not be on the job. I fully expect some defense to be along the lines of PTSD whereby Noor heard the fireworks and thought he was back in Mogadishu.!!

It's been a long time since he lived in Mogadishu and has gone through training on firing ranges since then. I'm having a hard time with considering the PTSD.

It's been a long time since he lived in Mogadishu and has gone through training on firing ranges since then. I'm having a hard time with considering the PTSD.

just speculating...there will be some story...unless a startling new fact comes out his family is calling it an accident and it would not be the first time this defense is used.

In my city police use a gunshot detection and location system. It would be helpful if this area had one to explain the "loud noise" heard.
http://www.shotspotter.com/news/article/new-shot-spotter-system-for-wilmington-police

Minneapolis has shotspotter. http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/police/statistics/crime-statistics_codefor_shotsfired

This happenened in the 5th precinct. Here's the map of the Minneapolis precincts. http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/police/precincts/index.htm

I don't understand, a gunshot from the passenger side thru an open window on the drivers side, the victim was talking to the passenger in the drivers seat and she was shot in the stomach???? Was Noor leaning over the policeman in the drivers seat, I cannot figure out how he was able to shoot her in the stomach if she was bending down to speak with the driver. What was it about this lady that made Noor feel he had to shoot her????????

The only way it makes sense to me is that she was she was shot some distance away and never got to the actual car door. The scenario I'm envisioning is that the car stopped, Harrity sees Justine, rolls down his window as she is approaching, and Noor shoots.

"One resident a block from the scene, waiter Tom McConnell, said however it was common during the current summer holidays for fireworks left over from the recent July 4 celebrations to be set off on weekend nights."

That is my experience too...not uncommon to hear in the neighborhood at all during summer weekends...this is a very very nice neighborhood with lots of children of all ages. Again if an officer cannot deal with the sound of fireworks they should not be on the job. I fully expect some defense to be along the lines of PTSD whereby Noor heard the fireworks and thought he was back in Mogadishu.!!

I believe I read in one of the first articles that Noor already had his gun out of its holder when the car stopped. Which in my opinion is not the usual procedure.

Thanks, this system's data should prove valuable in this investigation.

My understanding is that the shotspotter system isn't 100% accurate. For instance fireworks or a car backfiring could activate the system.

I want to know how the story has change do from MULTIPLE gunshots fired to a SINGLE shot to the abdomen. I understand how the two may not be mutually exclusive (he shot several times, only hit her once or only the abdomen wound was fatal), but how many times he shot her is crucial IMO. Once could conceivably be an accident.......multiple times means not an accidental discharge.....not that there should ever be an accidental discharge......my point is this is an important detail that since the BCA released some details last night, seems to have changed........MOO

and the narrative has already changed. She was talking to Harrity- now she came up immediately after the "loud noise"; smdh

I believe I read in one of the first articles that Noor already had his gun out of its holder when the car stopped. Which in my opinion is not the usual procedure.

never heard that report here locally and i doubt that info would be known...only Harrity is talking and that was yesterday.

I don't understand, a gunshot from the passenger side thru an open window on the drivers side, the victim was talking to the passenger in the drivers seat and she was shot in the stomach???? Was Noor leaning over the policeman in the drivers seat, I cannot figure out how he was able to shoot her in the stomach if she was bending down to speak with the driver. What was it about this lady that made Noor feel he had to shoot her????????

the cop driving must be thanking his lucky stars he was not hit, this seems like police mis conduct just from this angle let alone killing the person that was trying to get help for a rape victim...

just walk out your back door and go to the alley...they lived a few doors down from the entrance to the alley where he shot her. Most people with alleys in back have a fence in their back yard.

So she was actually walking in the alley towards the police car?

and the narrative has already changed. She was talking to Harrity- now she came up immediately after the "loud noise"; smdh

Yes. And it's also weird how the loud noise came into the narrative. The fireworks mentioned in the audio were far away.

Yes. And it's also weird how the loud noise came into the narrative. The fireworks mentioned in the audio were far away.

IMO- excuses excuses where is the video the cops paid so much money to have? Especially in light of the Philandro incident? This cop wont last long I, willing to bet on that

Quoting my post.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...fficer-fired-fatal-shot-911-caller/491086001/

Moments before a Minneapolis police officer fired a shot through his partner's patrol car window, killing an Australian woman who had called 911, the officers heard a "loud sound" in the dark alley outside the victim's home, according to authorities.

So according to usatoday the alley was dark and also in article they say the cameras were not working. Big difference between not working and not turned on.

From her home in the middle of the block, Justine Damond would have had to walk a little more than 100 yards to get to the end of the alley.

There are three lights mounted on telephone poles along that route plus nine motion-detector lights on garages, and neighbors said the alley is well-lit at night.

http://m.startribune.com/australian...shot-by-minneapolis-police-officer/434782213/

Dustin Johnson and his wife, Roz, live across the street from Justine and Don Damond. They saw the flashing lights and walked over to see police trying to resuscitate Damond as she lay on the ground.

Johnson said he heard no gunshots.

latest news here at noon indicate that Harrity (partner) says something about a situation like that you have to be worried about an "ambush"...."ambush" by a woman in pj's and some kids shooting fireworks. I repeat this is a very quiet neighborhood and I get if these cops had been in another area of our city but that thought is not even rational on this call. There have been 911 releases and other documents so I assume as they come out in public we will hear.

Any more information on the victim in the alley who Justine Damond initially called to report about?

Any more information on the victim in the alley who Justine Damond initially called to report about?

RSBM

Yes, hopefully the victim is ok. Obviously Justine saw and heard a victim. That is undisputed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member