MN - Justine Damond, 40, fatally shot by Minneapolis LE, 15 July 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you link the coroner's report? I have yet to see it. Thanks

You haven't seen much of anything in this case it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3ae83be966a5c145f1f4aeaed8c2616b.jpg

If her parent is American, that makes her American. Period. So she's just an American woman shot by cops. Got it!

Is the cop American or Somalian??? Just want to clear that up!

They don't have to supply the public with any facts while an investigation is underway. Woulda, shoulda, coulda after the fact is a waste of time.

It's not a waste of time when every story published so far has given no inkling of any common sense reason why this woman would have been killed. You can't tell me that from just the facts we do currently have and the public currently has that it all stinks big time I don't care how much you (meaning the public not you in particular) blindly believe in LE-so when you have a public very on edge it is very much in LE's best interest to give details as quickly as possible to help exonerate them if those facts exist to help alleviate those fears. LE is NOT infallible and if they're allowed to shoot and kill unarmed civilians with no recourse or citizens holding them accountable I hope you can understand where that puts us as a society..

If she is an American citizen, why is she being described as Australian?

Does it matter? Justine is dead and there's cause for alarm and for an investigation. I haven't read any cop bashing in this thread so I don't understand the defensive stance.

And we would not have to worry about being killed by police. Australians just cannot believe this.

This. I'm not Australian, but also live in a country where one does not need to be fearful of being shot by police. Do police shootings happen? Rarely. But never an unarmed person. My brother has been an LE officer for over 20 years.....and we have our own racism problems, but he has never discharged his. weapon. This "shoot first, ask questions late" mentally doesn't exist. LE officers have a tough job, the stress they go through, the danger they experience......to the 99% of good cops out there - I thank you for your service and commend you. But just like any profession, there are bad seeds.

An Australian women would mostly likely not be afraid of the police. I'm not afraid of the police (unless I'm speeding and then I'm not afraid.....just sheepish).....this one hits home to me because I could be her. From reports it appears that she heard something she thought was an assault (likely screams), called 911 and maybe went to try and help. She didn't have a weapon because she didn't own one. She sees the police show up and goes to talk to them - bc that's what someone who was raised in a country where cops are not to be feared would do. I am saddened that so many of you say you would never do that - I get it - your reactions are coloured by experience. But Justine did not grow up with this fear of police. Police are (in almost all cases) there to help. I wouldn't think twice about doing what it seems she did in that fateful night.......and the absolute last thing from my mind would be that I had anything to fear from the police.....MOO

The officer hasn't admitted to anything.

I'm likely late to the party here.....but his lawyer (speaking on his behalf we must assume) has stated that Officer Noor discharged his weapon. So I guess we agree to disagree as to what has been admitted. Not like we are looking for some perp in the alley with a gun who shot her and ran off. mOO

Police have not confirmed that fact. For all I know, she may well have been here on an expired Visa.

You are holding LE and Justine to completely different standards. With LE - we don't have the facts so the shooting must have been justified. With Justine - we don't have the facts so she must be an illegal immigrant who was doing drugs and drunk and attempting to attack police? Time to scroll and roll......MOo

I have to agree. It seems it was some PR exercise that was not well thought out.
Not at all. What is interesting is that he's had a lot more formal education than many police officers. I don't know why they don't have to get degrees.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

This cop was already on LE 's radar. So its not hard to figure out what went wrong. For two reasons actually. Especially if you know whats going on in Australia. He recognized her accent without a doubt.

What went wrong?
What is going on in Australia?
How does her accent relate to this cop shooting her?
Two reasons? Her accent and what else?

Hiding from the cops in fear?
Yeah, I have to say, if I'm being assaulted and a kind stranger calls the police, and they are shot to death, I won't be speaking with police. I'll head home and call a therapist tomorrow.

But the crime stats are evidence of what the police are dealing with. And the stats were in response to the earlier statement, about how unbelieveble it is someone might get shot during a traffic stop. The stats are a way of explaining what the officers are dealing with in that city.

It does not matter if it is a high crime area or not. Criminals go to nicer areas to do home invasions and rapes and car jackings quite often.

I agree totally that this victim was not doing anything criminal and should not have been shot.[ for any reason that we are now aware of anyway. ]

But when 340 people are shot in one week in one city, the cops have good reason to be on high alert at all times. Especially at night in an alley.
Didn't mean to thank this post. I just wanted to point out that criminals don't have to "go to" nicer areas. Plenty of criminals live in them as well.

This cop was already on LE 's radar. So its not hard to figure out what went wrong. For two reasons actually. Especially if you know whats going on in Australia. He recognized her accent without a doubt.
WHAT?

I'm from Australia, wish I knew what was going on!?!?

What went wrong?
What is going on in Australia?
How does her accent relate to this cop shooting her?
Two reasons? Her accent and what else?

Pardon deedee21 what does this mean? Especially if you know whats going on in Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michelle177