MN - Justine Damond, 40, fatally shot by Minneapolis LE, 15 July 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to break it to you but coroners don't file manner of death until AFTER the tox screen is returned.

Wow. So I guess this is all a conspiracy to you?

She wasn't the one who called 911?
She wasn't wearing her pajamas?
She was probably drunk or on drugs?
She was at fault for being in the alley?
She should never approach a police officer?
She was probably a threat?
It wasn't homicide?

So everything reported this far must be unsubstantiated? UN-BELIEVABLE.

So, a neighborhood somehow bestows "safety" on its occupants? Sorry, I don't believe there is a shred of evidence to support your claim. There is absolutely no evidence this immigrant was intending to marry nor an explanation why she was using a name she was not legally allowed to use.

There is plenty of anecdotal evidence she was planning to marry.

In the last few decades, it has become common for professional women to use one surname for the professional work, and another in their personal lives. It is not illegal if there is no intent to defraud.

Does the US allow dual citizenship? My mother was American and she had to make a choice. it may well have changed between then and now.

Yes, but Maybe with only certain countries. I've known Irish, United Kingdom, Swiss, and Canadian.

There is plenty of anecdotal evidence she was planning to marry.

In the last few decades, it has become common for professional women to use one surname for the professional work, and another in their personal lives. It is not illegal if there is no intent to defraud.
Yep! I use my maiden name at work because it's still on my ID and keeps staff from finding me on facebook, where I use my married name.

I'm so disgusted by the implications being made on this thread... Illegally named immigrant... My eyes are rolling out of my head.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

I wonder if they even had the bodycams in the passenger area of the car? Were they in the trunk? Had they somehow been completely disabled or turned off? Sounds very suspicious and odd for two cops who had so little experience, one who had so many problems.

The body cams are worn by the officers, it is attached to their clothing. However, they are not recording all the time. Typically, when just on patrol the cameras are turned off, then the officer will activate when an encounter with someone begins. There is nothing suspicious about the cameras being turned off as the officers arrived at the scene initially. The car's dash camera likely would have been on, but since its looking out the front, probably wouldn't have captured anything. The audio may or may not have been activated. it is controlled by the officers as well and typically is not on all the time, but only when a stop is commenced. I have not yet heard anything about whether there is audio of the encounter. Also, the officers can NOT erase recordings. They do not have access to do that.

This is the most recent comparison I could find (couple of years old).......it may help all of us to understand where each other are coming from as this is garnering posters from around the globe. We are looking at things through different lenses.....

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/09/the-counted-police-killings-us-vs-other-countries

The US is in a downward spiral of gun violence by both citizens and government agents. It just keeps getting worse all the time. I have given up any hope for it to ever get better.

STOP the bickering and snark in this thread. You know who you are.

If you can't post respectfully and without personalizing, then don't post or face timeout.

Yep! I use my maiden name at work because it's still on my ID and keeps staff from finding me on facebook, where I use my married name.

I'm so disgusted by the implications being made on this thread... Illegally named immigrant... My eyes are rolling out of my head.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

It is interesting though cuz if she was POC, these would be things that are pointed out and raise eyebrows. Then time to look at criminal records.

At the very least they need to release the dash cam video so the conversation exchange can be heard. It's been said it didn't record the incident, likely because it took place at the side of the car, but surely it holds some importance as to what took place verbally!

The body cams are worn by the officers, it is attached to their clothing. However, they are not recording all the time. Typically, when just on patrol the cameras are turned off, then the officer will activate when an encounter with someone begins. There is nothing suspicious about the cameras being turned off as the officers arrived at the scene initially. The car's dash camera likely would have been on, but since its looking out the front, probably wouldn't have captured anything. The audio may or may not have been activated. it is controlled by the officers as well and typically is not on all the time, but only when a stop is commenced. I have not yet heard anything about whether there is audio of the encounter. Also, the officers can NOT erase recordings. They do not have access to do that.

I believe it has already been established that the cops were in violation of the department's rules for body cam use. The cams should have been turned on and would have recorded the event, even if turned on after the fact. The cops simply did not turn them on.

The US is in a downward spiral of gun violence by both citizens and government agents. It just keeps getting worse all the time. I have given up any hope for it to ever get better.

Actually gun violence has been decreasing.

unless she was acting erratic...even an attractive slim blonde can act threanening if she was acting unstable, suicidal or on drugs. Someone slip her drugs?

This shooting of this totally innocent woman is chilling, and I see no way it can ever be ruled as a justified homicide. It makes no logical sense he would start firing when she is already standing there talking with the other officer. :confused: Something is not right about how this transpired.

I haven't read the complaints yet against the officer who killed Justine, but if he was already getting complaints, and only started in 2015 it would seem like the police department would know he was already a problem. Why keep him on I wonder?

Someone said that only whites who are shot and killed by police officers get more media attention and more foot traffic on sites like WS. I respectfully disagree. The facts just do not support that assumption. Most media attention is given to blacks who are shot by police officers, imo. People of ALL races should get media attention but that rarely ever happens.

I have linked this site before because it is the most in depth current up to date factual information about all cop shootings leading to the death of the one shot. It starts in May 2013 and is current through this month. Justine is already listed on this list. :(

If one would take the time to educate themselves on the facts and go down the long list identifying the race of the person shot and read the legitimate news article assigned to each death it is obvious there are way more whites shot (men and women) than any other race each year. Up to three to four times as many as black who are also killed by cops. 99% of the whites who were shot in cities across our nation, and killed by cops, I have never even heard about on any national media nor even from online social media, like WS etc. These hundreds of cases only seem to make local news for some unexplained reason. Here is the link if anyone is really interested in knowing the facts on who all police shoots, and kills every year. http://killedbypolice.net/

I just think we are all better off when we have the facts to refer to when it comes to who is killed by cops each year. This link not only list their names, death dates, races, but also attaches a news link on how each one occurred.

Most of those killed by cops each year (no matter their race) are ruled justified and most were due to a confrontation, and a refusal to comply to simple commands. But like in all professions some men/women shouldn't have ever become a cop in the first place. Individual police departments must do a better job of weeding out those misfits that kill innocent people unjustifiably.

This is the strangest case I have seen recently about a cop killing a totally innocent person. I hope they delve very closely into his background history while he has been on the force. This killing seems so purposeful, and gives me the creeps for some reason.

JMO

yes, I would NOT go outside until an officer knocks on the door. (yes, I'm paranoid.)

This shooting of this totally innocent woman is chilling, and I see no way it can ever be ruled as a justified homicide. It makes no logical sense he would start firing when she is already standing there talking with the other officer. :confused: Something is not right about how this transpired.

I haven't read the complaints yet against the officer who killed Justine, but if he was already getting complaints, and only started in 2015 it would seem like the police department would know he was already a problem. Why keep him on I wonder?

Someone said that only whites who are shot and killed by police officers get more media attention and more foot traffic on sites like WS. I respectfully disagree. The facts just do not support that assumption. Most media attention is given to blacks who are shot by police officers, imo. People of ALL races should get media attention but that rarely ever happens.

I have linked this site before because it is the most in depth current up to date factual information about all cop shootings leading to the death of the one shot. It starts in May 2013 and is current through this month. Justine is already listed on this list. :(

If one would take the time to educate themselves on the facts and go down the long list identifying the race of the person shot and read the legitimate news article assigned to each death it is obvious there are way more whites shot (men and women) than any other race each year. Up to three to four times as many as black who are also killed by cops. 99% of the whites who were shot in cities across our nation, and killed by cops, I have never even heard about on any national media nor even from online social media, like WS etc. These hundreds of cases only seem to make local news for some unexplained reason. Here is the link if anyone is really interested in knowing the facts on who all police shoots, and kills every year. http://killedbypolice.net/

I just think we are all better off when we have the facts to refer to when it comes to who is killed by cops each year. This link not only list their names, death dates, races, but also attaches a news link on how each one occurred.

Most of those killed by cops each year (no matter their race) are ruled justified and most were due to a confrontation, and a refusal to comply to simple commands. But like in all professions some men/women shouldn't have ever become a cop in the first place. Individual police departments must do a better job of weeding out those misfits that kill innocent people unjustifiably.

This is the strangest case I have seen recently about a cop killing a totally innocent person. I hope they delve very closely into his background history while he has been on the force. This killing seems so purposeful, and gives me the creeps for some reason.

JMO

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads