GUILTY MN - Landen Hoffmann, 5, thrown from 3rd Floor at Mall of America by stranger, 12 Apr 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

bluedivergirl

Reaction score
Details are sketchy. This caught my eye as I used to live near the Mall of America:

~snip~

Allina Health officials said an ambulance took the child to Children’s Hospital in Minneapolis. The family is currently with the child, police said.

A source at the scene tells WCCO that the person who threw, or possibly pushed, the child fled the mall and was apprehended near the light rail station. The source said the victim was a young boy.

The suspect is a 24-year-old man, who was not named. Police said they do not, at this time, believe the man to have been related to the victim.

~snip~

1 Arrested After Woman Says Her Child Was Thrown From 3rd Floor At MOA

I just don’t understand what is going on in life right now.

I do believe that there are 3’ railings on the floors so the perp had to INTENTIONALLY pick up the child to hurl them over the edge.
<bbm>

According to this pic within the mall, I think you are right Herat.

from: Why The Mallpocalypse Hasn't Come For The Mall Of America

image.png

My God, who does this? This is just so very sickening.

Throwing a little 5-year-old boy from the 3rd floor of a shopping mall, wtf?! :mad: It's a miracle that boy is alive, imagine the trauma that he will suffer probably for many years, as well as his poor mother, I can't imagine what they are going through. What a piece of *advertiser censored* waste of life Emmanuel Deshawn Aranda is. Hopefully he will get a very long prison sentence and receive a "warm welcome" from some very violent murderous inmates!

These rare occasions are the reason I'm so paranoid. When we are in buildings like this I won't let go of my toddler/preschooler. I went to the Mall of America with my older two kids and remember thinking that was really far up. Terrifying.

Emmanual Aranda, 24, identified as suspect who tossed child from third floor at Mall of America

6SR2QYPYU5BRVEWZEMVYZHE2QE.jpg

Emmanuel Deshawn Aranda, 24, has been identified as the suspect accused of tossing a 5-year-old boy from the third floor at Mall of America in Minnesota on Friday.

He has been charged with attempted homicide.

He was taken into custody in the transit station at the Mall of America and is being held at the Bloomington Police Department, according to a press release.

Aranda is from the Minneapolis metro area, police said.

Police responded to the scene just after 10 a.m. where they gave the child CPR until emergency services arrived.

Minneapolis resident Brian Johnson was at the mall when it happened. He told the Daily News he didn’t see the child fall, but walked up shortly after to see the him lying “motionless” in a “pool of blood.”

Throwing a little 5-year-old boy from the 3rd floor of a shopping mall, wtf?! :mad: It's a miracle that boy is alive, imagine the trauma that he will suffer probably for many years, as well as his poor mother, I can't imagine what they are going through. What a piece of **** waste of life Emmanuel Deshawn Aranda is. Hopefully he will get a very long prison sentence and receive a "warm welcome" from some very violent murderous inmates!

As horrified as I am about the little boy who was severely injured and all the worry his parents face, I think Aranda is mentally ill and needs to be put away in a high-security facility never to be out in the public again. He sounds like a violent man who should not be allowed in public ever again

Man accused of throwing child from mall balcony had been banned
SABBMFAA:
Aranda was charged in July 2015 with causing damage inside stores after he threw items off the upper level of the mall to the lower level,court records obtained by CNN affiliate WCCO show.

He was accused three months later of throwing glasses of ice water and tea at a woman in a restaurant at the mall after she refused to buy him food, the records show.

https://cbsminnesota.files.wordpress.com/2019/04/27-cr-15-18161_complaint.pdf

This guy has a history of prior incidents at the mall which resulted in him being arrested and subsequently banned from the premises for a period of time.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryopanda
Back